Welcome

Please register for Total War Access to use the forums. If you're an existing user, your forum details will be merged with Total War Access if you register with the same email or username. For more information please read our FAQ’s here.

Categories

Some new communication about Warhammer

13»

Comments

• Ares354Ares354 Registered Users Posts: 3,158
    Erminaz said:

Ares354 said:

Erminaz said:

Ares354 said:

For me, simple way to communicate with us Grace is to tell us what race wont come in game 2 and 3. A lot of people have hope for Kislev who was game 1 race. If they are out, CA should say so.

She most likely does not have authority to reveal that information at this time. She and her team can only say what the marketing department and the corporate heads say is okay to reveal at this current point in time.
    So maybe people who have that kind of authority can cut this off. Give us announcement what race wont make into warhammer game. Its not hard, and wont backlash as much as hopes.
    Good luck convincing people in marketing to do sensible things...
    I ask in my post about race from game 2 and 3(but 3 I not interested at all). Game 1 would be best option because is complete, and IF Kislev was part of this game, they should say so. That is communcation in nutshell

Ares354 said:

Erminaz said:

Ares354 said:

For me, simple way to communicate with us Grace is to tell us what race wont come in game 2 and 3. A lot of people have hope for Kislev who was game 1 race. If they are out, CA should say so.

She most likely does not have authority to reveal that information at this time. She and her team can only say what the marketing department and the corporate heads say is okay to reveal at this current point in time.
    So maybe people who have that kind of authority can cut this off. Give us announcement what race wont make into warhammer game. Its not hard, and wont backlash as much as hopes.
    They simply can't do that, nor is it reasonable to expect them to discuss plans that aren't set in stone.

We'll find out if Kislev if coming with game 3. Not before.
    They cant say what race was not chaosen to be done in game 1 ?? Why not, its dead game anyway, and if Kislev was part of that game, they should say so. Many people use to think that race will come in game 3, I dont think so.
  • RomeoRejectRomeoReject Registered Users Posts: 733
    Ares354 said:

Erminaz said:

Ares354 said:

I think we're waaaaaay too early to be making those kinds of sweeping announcements. What if TWW3 continues to sell DLC like hotcakes deep in to its life? If they'd said "We're never going to do Araby/TEB/Southern Realms/Kislev/Literally whatever", they either have to go back on their word (Angering people), or forego doing content that would've been awesome (Also angering people).

At best, you might be looking at "No Araby for game 2", for example. And even that feels a little early.
  • FinishingLastFinishingLast Registered Users Posts: 4,323
    Grace_CA said:

OrkLads said:

@Grace_CA Are you able to tell us if a lord DLC (crossgame or otherwise) for a game 1 faction is on the cards?

There is a lot of speculation on this question and not getting people's hopes up for something that is already known isn't coming seems like a good form of preliminary damage control from this testy community. Alternatively, if the possibility of a crossgame or game 1 DLC is a possibility, seems like the type of information the community is asking for.

Basically just managing expectations even if you can't reveal specifics (i.e. same as letting people know that their are no more race packs coming for TWW2).

It's not something we've ruled out.
    Has it not been ruled out from the series as a whole? Or it has not been ruled out as cross-game lord pack for game 2 DLC? I only ask because the former is just leaving the door open as a possibility. The latter though I’d assume CA would have a good idea of their last DLC plans for game 2.
    Later
  • ArsenicArsenic Registered Users Posts: 5,547

Has it not been ruled out from the series as a whole? Or it has not been ruled out as cross-game lord pack for game 2 DLC? I only ask because the former is just leaving the door open as a possibility. The latter though I’d assume CA would have a good idea of their last DLC plans for game 2.

To me that sounds more like "It's a possibility in the future", as you say, I'm pretty sure they know down to the smallest detail what's left for Game 2, there's only realistically so much left, and time it's plausible to fit it into.
    "Ours is a world of fleeting glory. But it is glory, nonetheless."
  • ArsenicArsenic Registered Users Posts: 5,547
    One thing we can take from the "It's not something we've ruled out" statement regarding cross-game DLC; the next Lord Pack is almost certainly not the Grim and the Grom..
    "Ours is a world of fleeting glory. But it is glory, nonetheless."
  • chrissher7chrissher7 Junior Member Registered Users Posts: 2,038
    It also resurrects araby as possible please let it be the early adopter.

• chrissher7chrissher7 Junior Member Registered Users Posts: 2,038
    Grace_CA said:

OrkLads said:

@Grace_CA Are you able to tell us if a lord DLC (crossgame or otherwise) for a game 1 faction is on the cards?

There is a lot of speculation on this question and not getting people's hopes up for something that is already known isn't coming seems like a good form of preliminary damage control from this testy community. Alternatively, if the possibility of a crossgame or game 1 DLC is a possibility, seems like the type of information the community is asking for.

Basically just managing expectations even if you can't reveal specifics (i.e. same as letting people know that their are no more race packs coming for TWW2).

It's not something we've ruled out.
    It is something you should be outright doing if you are doing no races as the alternative is frankly much less interesting , should just let everyone play a new lord from the first game.

• FinishingLastFinishingLast Registered Users Posts: 4,323
    Arsenic said:

To me that sounds more like "It's a possibility in the future", as you say, I'm pretty sure they know down to the smallest detail what's left for Game 2, there's only realistically so much left, and time it's plausible to fit it into.
    Sadly, that's what it seems like to me too. Which, I mean, great for potential after game 3 is released, along with its lord packs and any race packs it gets, but that's a long ways away so I was still hoping for cross-game packs for this game. Doesn't seem like it, and I doubted I'd get further confirmation, but figured I'd ask.
    Later
  • Bonutz619Bonutz619 Registered Users Posts: 2,171
    edited July 2019
    Arsenic said:

One thing we can take from the "It's not something we've ruled out" statement regarding cross-game DLC; the next Lord Pack is almost certainly not the Grim and the Grom..

Or is it? I see it as a fairly subjective, nonchalant statement. Could go either way, but that was totally on purpose. They wouldn’t come right out and say if it was a crossover lord pack regardless.

I do recall some of the devs on Reddit shortly after P&W released saying that they had big, exciting changes coming for the Empire and Greenskins, which they’ve never said about any other OW race updates. Could they be crossover lord packs? Who knows.

Either way, time will tell!

Ares354 said:

Erminaz said:

Ares354 said:

I think we're waaaaaay too early to be making those kinds of sweeping announcements. What if TWW3 continues to sell DLC like hotcakes deep in to its life? If they'd said "We're never going to do Araby/TEB/Southern Realms/Kislev/Literally whatever", they either have to go back on their word (Angering people), or forego doing content that would've been awesome (Also angering people).

At best, you might be looking at "No Araby for game 2", for example. And even that feels a little early.
    I dont see CA adding race to game 2, who arent on vortex map, that cut off Kislev, and all race who live in Old World. What make you so certain game 3 wont go same way ?
    Ares354 said:

Ares354 said:

Erminaz said:

Ares354 said:

I dont see CA adding race to game 2, who arent on vortex map, that cut off Kislev, and all race who live in Old World. What make you so certain game 3 wont go same way ?
    Because Game 3 is the finale. If you were going to save your efforts for one game, it would be the one. And thanks to Mortal Empires, it's incredibly simple to justify adding more Game 1 and Game 2 races in the end.

Ares354 said:

Ares354 said:

Erminaz said:

Ares354 said:

Because Game 3 is the finale. If you were going to save your efforts for one game, it would be the one. And thanks to Mortal Empires, it's incredibly simple to justify adding more Game 1 and Game 2 races in the end.
    ME empire is more problem then solustion for uodates and dlc to old world, if you are not too blind to see this. Because game 2 is standalone, its problematic.

And CA may go same road, make game 3 run as standalone and you face same problem over and over.
    Ares354 said:

Ares354 said:

Ares354 said:

Erminaz said:

Ares354 said:

ME empire is more problem then solustion for uodates and dlc to old world, if you are not too blind to see this. Because game 2 is standalone, its problematic.

And CA may go same road, make game 3 run as standalone and you face same problem over and over.
    I disagree that Mortal Empires is a problematic situation. Just add in the factions as DLC, and in the incredibly niche situation where someone owns Game 3 and is buying DLC but doesn't have Game 1/2, just unlock Mortal Empires for that player with that particular faction (Leaving the others locked as required).

This is far less complicated than it's being made out to be.

Ares354 said:

Ares354 said:

Ares354 said:

Erminaz said:

Ares354 said:

I disagree that Mortal Empires is a problematic situation. Just add in the factions as DLC, and in the incredibly niche situation where someone owns Game 3 and is buying DLC but doesn't have Game 1/2, just unlock Mortal Empires for that player with that particular faction (Leaving the others locked as required).

Yes, that why all dlc race have to be on Vortex campaign, non can be ME only.....clap clap clap.
    Ares354 said:

Ares354 said:

Ares354 said:

Ares354 said:

Erminaz said:

Ares354 said:

Yes, that why all dlc race have to be on Vortex campaign, non can be ME only.....clap clap clap.
    No idea what in god's name you were trying to write there, but we have plenty of DLC races that are ME only (Please see: Chaos, Norsca, Beastmen, Wood Elves).

Ares354 said:

Ares354 said:

Ares354 said:

Ares354 said:

Erminaz said:

Ares354 said:

No idea what in god's name you were trying to write there, but we have plenty of DLC races that are ME only (Please see: Chaos, Norsca, Beastmen, Wood Elves).
    Show me any game 2 dlc that is ME only. Dont talk about game 1 race, because we ask for new content for old world factions in game 2, or new race, like Araby, DoW which has to be on vortex map to be included, that why Kislev wont be added in game 2.
    Ares354 said:

Ares354 said:

Ares354 said:

Ares354 said:

Ares354 said:

Erminaz said:

Ares354 said:

Show me any game 2 dlc that is ME only. Dont talk about game 1 race, because we ask for new content for old world factions in game 2, or new race, like Araby, DoW which has to be on vortex map to be included, that why Kislev wont be added in game 2.
    Ah, for sure! Because it makes no sense for them to do that in game 2. We have more races than the timeframe allows. Game 3 will have the opposite issue: Its timeframe is infinite - it's the last game in the series. So if they need to put in a race and make them ME-only, it's completely justifiable.

Ares354 said:

Ares354 said:

Ares354 said:

Ares354 said:

Ares354 said:

Erminaz said:

Ares354 said:

Ah, for sure! Because it makes no sense for them to do that in game 2. We have more races than the timeframe allows. Game 3 will have the opposite issue: Its timeframe is infinite - it's the last game in the series. So if they need to put in a race and make them ME-only, it's completely justifiable.

Ares354 said:

Ares354 said:

Ares354 said:

Ares354 said:

Ares354 said:

Erminaz said:

Ares354 said:

Araby make a lot of sense, so does Dogs of War, Amazons, Albion. Game 3 wont be infinite support from CA, so race which will be added are limited as well.
    Ares354 said:

Ares354 said:

Ares354 said:

Ares354 said:

Ares354 said:

Ares354 said:

Erminaz said:

Ares354 said:

Ares354 said:

Ares354 said:

Ares354 said:

Ares354 said:

Ares354 said:

Erminaz said:

Ares354 said:

Araby make a lot of sense, so does Dogs of War, Amazons, Albion. Game 3 wont be infinite support from CA, so race which will be added are limited as well.
    Rome 2 has 14 DLCs for it, the last of which isn't even a year old, and that's for a game that's 6 years old. I'm 100% positive that the far more profitable Total Warhammer series can justify a huge content tail after launch.

Ares354 said:

Ares354 said:

Ares354 said:

Ares354 said:

Ares354 said:

Ares354 said:

Erminaz said:

Ares354 said:

Ares354 said:

Ares354 said:

Ares354 said:

Ares354 said:

Ares354 said:

Erminaz said:

Ares354 said:

Rome 2 has 14 DLCs for it, the last of which isn't even a year old, and that's for a game that's 6 years old. I'm 100% positive that the far more profitable Total Warhammer series can justify a huge content tail after launch.
    How old is Medieval 2 or Sogun 2 ? I dont see them updated.
    Ares354 said:

Ares354 said:

Ares354 said:

Ares354 said:

Ares354 said:

Ares354 said:

Ares354 said:

Erminaz said:

Ares354 said:

Ares354 said:

Ares354 said:

Ares354 said:

Ares354 said:

Ares354 said:

Erminaz said:

Ares354 said:

Probably because one's from 2006 and the other is from 2011. Hell, the former came out in an era where the only real "DLC" were straight expansion packs.

Ares354 said:

Ares354 said:

Ares354 said:

Ares354 said:

Ares354 said:

Ares354 said:

Ares354 said:

Erminaz said:

Ares354 said:

Ares354 said:

Ares354 said:

Ares354 said:

Ares354 said:

Ares354 said:

Erminaz said:

Ares354 said:

Probably because one's from 2006 and the other is from 2011. Hell, the former came out in an era where the only real "DLC" were straight expansion packs.
    Shogun 2 is on new engine, that can be updated, yet game dont have as many fans Rome 2 did. You like me dont know reason for updates for Rome 2. You can only speculate.
  • Ephraim_DaltonEphraim_Dalton Senior Member Registered Users Posts: 24,638
    Ares354 said:

Ares354 said:

Ares354 said:

Ares354 said:

Ares354 said:

Ares354 said:

Ares354 said:

Ares354 said:

Erminaz said:

Ares354 said:

Ares354 said:

Ares354 said:

Ares354 said:

Ares354 said:

Ares354 said:

Erminaz said:

Ares354 said:

Shogun 2 is on new engine, that can be updated, yet game dont have as many fans Rome 2 did. You like me dont know reason for updates for Rome 2. You can only speculate.
    There's only so much you can add to a game that's about the civil war on an island. The only obvious addition would be the Imjin War but that doesn't fly because of political reasons, one because of the invevitable controversiers that would cause with Koreans and Chinese and two because the Japanese have always been eager to forget that one of their beloved unifiers had such a major failure to his name.

Rome2 was one of CA's greatest successes, despite the terrible launch and it had the most to improve upon and expand, so it was an obvious shoe-in.

• GamgeeGamgee Senior Member Registered Users Posts: 1,908
    Ares354 said:

Ares354 said:

Ares354 said:

Ares354 said:

Ares354 said:

Ares354 said:

Ares354 said:

Ares354 said:

Erminaz said:

Ares354 said:

Ares354 said:

Ares354 said:

Ares354 said:

Ares354 said:

Ares354 said:

Erminaz said:

Ares354 said:

Nothing to add lol every faction plays the same lol. Its a fantastic game but its dlc options are quite limited. Mods can easily do the rest of the work if you want to play lesser known factions.