Welcome

Please register for Total War Access to use the forums. If you're an existing user, your forum details will be merged with Total War Access if you register with the same email or username. For more information please read our FAQ’s here.

Categories

Next LLs unique mechanic

TimpeyoTimpeyo Registered Users Posts: 1,324
With ikits workshop and tehenhauins sotek pyramid, when they bring out new LPs and if each lord has a new individual bonus like these what would you like to see.

I know alot off ppl wanted a Frankenstein type lab for Throt, but what about other races and lords. Dwarfs could have somthing around there machines, Empire maybe around The temple of Sigmar or the College of Magic etc. Not sure, any fun ideas?

Comments

• davedave1124davedave1124 Senior Member Registered Users Posts: 7,907
    I wouldn't say no to a Dwarf workshop. I know it's a cut and paste of Ikit but it was such a good mechanic. Being able to update Gyro-copters and new weapons.

Upgrade the 2 Skaven Warrior Clans, special abilities for Mors troops/generals and upgrade Stormvermin for Rictus.

Chaos receives gifts for killing in battle, assassinations, spreading plagues including RoR and the ability to open a rift to allow a Chaos army to appear for you to take control of. I guess the gifts could give other buffs too.
  • ArsenicArsenic Registered Users Posts: 5,547
    Depends who the new ones are.

Eltharion as far as I can recall has a thing for Waystones, so perhaps he'd be forced to traverse the map repairing them and destroying random armies damaging them.

Imrik presumably would be able to raise more powerful dragons than the average Helf. I'd not be averse to dragons being only recruitable by him/ an alliance with him (likewise Sisters of Avelorn and Alarielle), but there we go, that ship has sailed.

Thanquol..some kind of Horned Rat's Favour mechanic. If he succeeds in gaining it through a random mission, his spells are juiced up. If not they're weak or have a chance to backfire.
    "Ours is a world of fleeting glory. But it is glory, nonetheless."
    Waystones.. that reminds me.. herdstones for the beastmen, allowing them to replenish troops a lot faster.
  • Aram_theheadAram_thehead Registered Users Posts: 1,003
    I'd like Imrik to have a mechanic that allows him to awake ancient dragons. These dragons should look slightly differently from the regular ones. I'm still not sure whether I would like these dragons to be like RoRs or Blessed Spawnings.
  • neodeinosneodeinos Registered Users Posts: 5,189

I wouldn't say no to a Dwarf workshop. I know it's a cut and paste of Ikit but it was such a good mechanic. Being able to update Gyro-copters and new weapons.

Upgrade the 2 Skaven Warrior Clans, special abilities for Mors troops/generals and upgrade Stormvermin for Rictus.

Chaos receives gifts for killing in battle, assassinations, spreading plagues including RoR and the ability to open a rift to allow a Chaos army to appear for you to take control of. I guess the gifts could give other buffs too.

If you just give it to many other factions it makes the mechanic less interesting imo. It should be unique unless it perfectly suits another faction, which is fine with Moulder.
    For the dwarfs I would rather a mechanic involving the lost holds, reclaim them.
    neodeinos said:

If you just give it to many other factions it makes the mechanic less interesting imo. It should be unique unless it perfectly suits another faction, which is fine with Moulder.
    For the dwarfs I would rather a mechanic involving the lost holds, reclaim them.
    I wouldn't like it to go to everyone VC come to mind but it does suit the Dwarfs due to their expertise with engineering. Plus the Gyro-copters need to be improved.
  • MaedrethnirMaedrethnir Senior Member Registered Users Posts: 7,620
    edited July 2019
    Prince Imrik and Caledor: dragon cavern mechanic where we would wake up dragons who would then offer us units, ror, items, upgrades and quests. As for Caledor intrigue at the court replaced with glory and fame giving us bonuses for defeating enemies in battle. Maybe additional bonus for mowing down enemies with Dragon Princes.

Malus Darkblade: slave management. It would be great to create she/he-elf pleasure slave and send to Dreadlord in order to secure his/her loyalty. In general I see it as an opportunity to flesh out DE's dark side and add climatic art pieces such as younglings playing with decapitated heads of sacrifices etc. Maybe flayed skins should become additional currency. Then some Slaanesh mini mechanic where cultists of said god flock to Malus if he chooses to let daemon take too much control. Maybe struggle for control should be his main mechanic with options to get rid of Tz'arkan or let him take absolute possession of Malus.
    Post edited by Maedrethnir on
    Drowned in stars, bloated we shine.
    ... .... .... --··-- -. --- - . .- .-. ... ·-·-·- --- -. .-.. -.-- -.. .-. . .- -- ... -. --- .-- ·-·-·-

• TimpeyoTimpeyo Registered Users Posts: 1,324
    edited July 2019
    Some great ideas guys Maybe malus could have somthing surrounding cursed artefacts and using stolen demonic magic. Beastmen maybe somthing around there obsession with collecting trophy's or mutation and chaos gifts added too units

• Sir_GodspeedSir_Godspeed Registered Users Posts: 2,288
    edited July 2019
    This wouldn't be a unique mechanic, but an Imrik-themed LP bringing with them Dragon Mages would be great.

Obviously Boris Todbringer could be tied into some kind of Cult of Ulric mechanic.
    Post edited by Sir_Godspeed on
  • SiWISiWI Senior Member Registered Users Posts: 10,899
    well... to answer this you kinda need to narrow down who you exspect as LL...

and right now thats still pretty much open season.

Ratling_Guns.gif?t=1554385892
  • Arthas_MenethilArthas_Menethil Senior Member Registered Users Posts: 6,055
    Ariel bringing the Slanneshi Faerie Dragon to Athel Loren with Chaos Corruption for all! Unique mechanic more Chaos units and corruption.
    Obviously this isn't serious because someone will take it seriously
    So...the Light's vaunted justice has finally arrived. Shall I lay down Frostmourne and throw myself at your mercy, Fordring?

• MaedrethnirMaedrethnir Senior Member Registered Users Posts: 7,620

Ariel bringing the Slanneshi Faerie Dragon to Athel Loren with Chaos Corruption for all! Unique mechanic more Chaos units and corruption.

Obviously this isn't serious because someone will take it seriously
    ia ia fae-dragon fhtagn!
    Drowned in stars, bloated we shine.
    ... .... .... --··-- -. --- - . .- .-. ... ·-·-·- --- -. .-.. -.-- -.. .-. . .- -- ... -. --- .-- ·-·-·-

• RomeoRejectRomeoReject Registered Users Posts: 733
    edited July 2019
    Clan Eschin - Assassination missions (Like Alith Anar)
    Clan Moulder - Laboratory (Combination of monster-hunting from Norsca and Ikit's Lab)

I'd also love to see the Vampire lines properly separated from one another.

Clan Eschin - Assassination missions (Like Alith Anar)
    Clan Moulder - Laboratory (Combination of monster-hunting from Norsca and Ikit's Lab)

This is why I think they may add 2 v 2 LL extended packs, loads of content left for Skaven and LM.
  • ReeksReeks Registered Users Posts: 3,057

Agree and i think the way to do it is for CA to introduce four new Vampire factions with each of their own LL(The four baddies from Lahmia) having some sort of mechanic that makes them scheme against each other............With a possible Nagash coming in and cleaning the board in end game.
    Reeks said:

Agree and i think the way to do it is for CA to introduce four new Vampire factions with each of their own LL(The four baddies from Lahmia) having some sort of mechanic that makes them scheme against each other............With a possible Nagash coming in and cleaning the board in end game.
    Yeah, I want to see a Strigoi faction actually brought to fruition, and a proper Necrarch faction would be amazing! Lahmia of course, is expected at this point, and the Blood Dragons would fit Mousillon perfectly...
  • NyxilisNyxilis Registered Users Posts: 3,637
    As everyone, radically depends on whom.

Though, if it is Thrott, I bet it will largely imitating Ikkits. Because whiel I'm not one to say they should just copy everything. Clan Moulder actual purpose is the same as Clan Skyre's They experiment in their breeding pens and workshops. Just Skyre uses metal and Moulder uses flesh. Maybe be the only one that could use Throttlings, named after the rat after all.
    Nyxilis said:

Though, if it is Thrott, I bet it will largely imitating Ikkits. Because whiel I'm not one to say they should just copy everything. Clan Moulder actual purpose is the same as Clan Skyre's They experiment in their breeding pens and workshops. Just Skyre uses metal and Moulder uses flesh. Maybe be the only one that could use Throttlings, named after the rat after all.

Only thing I would add/change vs Ikit though, is instead of spending "tokens" or some such thing, upgrades should require hunting a specific target or completing a specific objective, a la Norsca. A direct 1:1 copy would be a little disappointing.
  • WyvaxWyvax Registered Users Posts: 2,599

Nyxilis said:

Only thing I would add/change vs Ikit though, is instead of spending "tokens" or some such thing, upgrades should require hunting a specific target or completing a specific objective, a la Norsca. A direct 1:1 copy would be a little disappointing.
    The Exotic Beasts resource. Make resources more meaningful to the game then mere trade value and unit discounts. Any settlement with that marker should be as important to Clan Moulder as Pastures are to Skaven in general.
    Tomes read: The Great Betrayal, Master of Dragons, Curse of the Phoenix Crown, Trollslayer, Skavenslayer, Daemonslayer, Dragonslayer, Beastslayer, Vampireslayer, Malekith, The Bloody Handed

It's T. rex, not T-Rex, you filthy casuals.

"Draconic murder ferret attack dog." - Ben1990 describing Shard Dragons.
  • InsanityEmbracedInsanityEmbraced Registered Users Posts: 93
    edited July 2019

Reeks said:

Yeah, I want to see a Strigoi faction actually brought to fruition, and a proper Necrarch faction would be amazing! Lahmia of course, is expected at this point, and the Blood Dragons would fit Mousillon perfectly...
    The main problem with Vampire Counts is the fact Ghorst exists and Isabella is not a Legendary Hero - currently with 5 LLs adding any more could make other factions be underrepresented. With Ghorst and Isabella existing, having Mannfred (baseline VC) and Kemmler (Barrow Legion), having Vlad (Von Carstein), and for instance Zacharias/W'Soran (Necrarch), Red Duke (Blood Dragons) and Ushoran/Vorag/Gashnag (Strigoi) would make the faction with 8 LLs - a number I would expect from WoC if they introduced both Chaos Undivided and monogod LL options, but not from VC.

Still...

Blood Dragon themed LL could have special mechanic mirroring Alith Anar: specific hunt and challenge powerful enemies - enemy lords. Defeating such targets would trigger a dilemma where you choose what you do with the defeated enemy - kill (permanently removing it from game), release (gaining ransom gold/vassalizing the faction/affecting diplomacy somehow/etc), or, if human, giving them Blood Kiss and changing them into a Blood Dragon Vampire Lord with the level of the defeated enemy (with clean skill tree, all points available to be distributed).

Both Lahmian and Vlad/Isabella von Carstein could be given Vampiric Influence - Midnight Aristocracy version of HE's Intrigue at Court - both are known to pull the strings from behind the political scene of the world, maybe with addition of allowing to instigate hostility between races or even pitting factions within same race against each other, with only a limited ability to increase vampire's own standing of others towards them (could be kinda hard to convince Karl Franz to love Mannfred). Should no Bloodline-specific LLs be implemented, I think such a diplomacy-influencing mechanic should be made available to VC faction in general.

Necrarch could have their own version of Ikit's laboratory, enhancing various monsters and units, and maybe ability to field certain monsters of enemy races in form of undead minions (maybe after obtaining sufficient material from defeating enemy armies), and able to field Zombie Dragons as a unit (unlocked via laboratory).

For Strigoi, a special mechanic could be implemented where you can summon an army of Ghouls, Crypt Horrors and Vargheists and other nasties from locations where big battles took place (same as are being used for raising undead), to represent scavengers gathering around the corpses to feast, and heeding the call of their Ghoul Kings. Such armies would probably be controlled by AI, they would spread vampiric corruption and raid the region. That, or they could act as summonable brayherd/waaagh-like army that follows the lord that summoned them.

As a last note, I really dearly hope Nagash will not be present in TWWH3 simply because his power level is way too high to be pitted against any other LL. And if he was at fraction of his power, he would not be Nagash I would want to see - no point in having this godlike entity as a lord of an army that can be defeated by a random noname doomstack...

• ReeksReeks Registered Users Posts: 3,057
    edited July 2019
    @InsanityEmbraced I threw you a like because there was some great idea´s in there for the undead but i have to disagree with the subject of Nagash, there is as we speak immensely powerful characters from the lore in-game and they work, i´m sure they could insert Nagash and tune him right yet still make him able to dish out the pain, remember Nagash were not always the demi-god he became, and even with his high power levels he was thwarted on multiple occasions.

Btw that´s how it is in Total War Warhammer, we do rarely go a turn without seeing some no-name do the impossible and take down someone they would never be able to in the lore.It can suck i give you that, but it´s still not as bad as seeing some races interact in diplomacy that would have had no other interaction in the lore than on opposite sides of a battlefield
  • Theo91Theo91 Registered Users Posts: 1,701
    Next LL unique mechanic? 🤔

TEEEF!
  • WaaaghCheifWaaaghCheif Junior Member Registered Users Posts: 1,184
    Theo91 said:

TEEEF!

Agreed, but
    That shouldn't be specific to the next LL, it should've been a overall Greenskin mechanic.
  • InsanityEmbracedInsanityEmbraced Registered Users Posts: 93

Theo91 said:

TEEEF!

Agreed, but
    That shouldn't be specific to the next LL, it should've been a overall Greenskin mechanic.
    Maybe add Loyalty mechanic to Greenskins, with LL being able to accumulate Teef, which can be spent to increase Loyalty standing and as payment for recruiting elite units such as Black Orcs? :)

• FredenFreden Senior Member Registered Users Posts: 365
    This

Waystones.. that reminds me.. herdstones for the beastmen, allowing them to replenish troops a lot faster.

I just bought it on sale for 8 euro, i cannot think of a worse purchase that i have done in the total war franchise. I think you hit the nail with stances and replenishment. Some more mechanics are needed too, morlieb moon event is not enough to keep it interesting.

So yeah some sort of LL mechanic / campaign mechanic will def come for Beastmen.
  • uriakuriak Registered Users Posts: 3,421
    Replenishment wasn't really an issue with BM, horde upgrades are. Managed to have fun with them anyway, but I digress.

Reading about Imrik makes me wonder yet again what could be if there was actual unit limits. Because, you know, one easy way to make a character/faction special would be to give them more access to something others have a limited use of. For instance if HE had only few dragons, imrik could be the one to break that limit. Instead we have to imagine some bonus. Belegar brought earlier access to rangers, right, this kind of things kinda affect one campaign for a few turns.

I'm thinking about the special armies lists in wh40k, when you could exceptionally field more bikes/hovercrafts/terminators, depending on who you were supposed to play. We can't have any of these specificities.

Back to the OP, I don't think a tinker lab would fit either Empire or dwarfs. Their design are far more conservative than anything the skavens do. Of course the skaven weapons should be less reliable to begin with, but, hey, power creep.

Throt and moulder, could get something based on creature capture/quests and population sacrifices. Having mutated monster units with random traits, sometimes good sometimes bad. Allow "recycling" for fun and giggles. (there was an evil faciton in the FFH mod for civ 4 with this mechanic whenever you hired some units they would get random attributes and it was up to you to nurture the good ones or discard the bad crops) I feel it would be very very, skaven.

Thanquol doesn't seem up to very specific gameplay. They could try giving him unique dilemmas with higher stakes (both good and bad)

No idea about LM characters, the remaining ones aren't too inspiring, tbh, a slaan update would be enough.

But yeah, TL; DR : in a world where unit slots are limited, factions with more access to their thematic units are a given.

• DraculasaurusDraculasaurus Registered Users Posts: 3,741
    I don't expect any crossover DLCs, so here are my thoughts on the WH2 factions:

High Elves: Eltharion seems the most likely here, and I like the menhir idea proposed elsewhere.

Lizardmen: A long time ago someone proposed a mechanic where the Lizardmen could manipulate the Geomantic Web to change the Climate of a province, terraforming it into a climate more suitable to their needs. A farflung Lizardman lord like Gor-Rok on Albion (or something similar) would fit well with this idea.

Dark Elves: The Black Way, a series of subterranean rivers and oceans that allow the Dark Elves to sneak around the world undetected. Would be an excellent precursor for an update Worldroots/Underway system.

Skaven: Throt and his labs are a no-brainer, but if by some happenstance he isn't the LL then the favor of the Council of Thirteen is the most logical approach.

Reeks said:

The main problem with Vampire Counts is the fact Ghorst exists and Isabella is not a Legendary Hero - currently with 5 LLs adding any more could make other factions be underrepresented. With Ghorst and Isabella existing, having Mannfred (baseline VC) and Kemmler (Barrow Legion), having Vlad (Von Carstein), and for instance Zacharias/W'Soran (Necrarch), Red Duke (Blood Dragons) and Ushoran/Vorag/Gashnag (Strigoi) would make the faction with 8 LLs - a number I would expect from WoC if they introduced both Chaos Undivided and monogod LL options, but not from VC.

Still...

Blood Dragon themed LL could have special mechanic mirroring Alith Anar: specific hunt and challenge powerful enemies - enemy lords. Defeating such targets would trigger a dilemma where you choose what you do with the defeated enemy - kill (permanently removing it from game), release (gaining ransom gold/vassalizing the faction/affecting diplomacy somehow/etc), or, if human, giving them Blood Kiss and changing them into a Blood Dragon Vampire Lord with the level of the defeated enemy (with clean skill tree, all points available to be distributed).

Both Lahmian and Vlad/Isabella von Carstein could be given Vampiric Influence - Midnight Aristocracy version of HE's Intrigue at Court - both are known to pull the strings from behind the political scene of the world, maybe with addition of allowing to instigate hostility between races or even pitting factions within same race against each other, with only a limited ability to increase vampire's own standing of others towards them (could be kinda hard to convince Karl Franz to love Mannfred). Should no Bloodline-specific LLs be implemented, I think such a diplomacy-influencing mechanic should be made available to VC faction in general.

Necrarch could have their own version of Ikit's laboratory, enhancing various monsters and units, and maybe ability to field certain monsters of enemy races in form of undead minions (maybe after obtaining sufficient material from defeating enemy armies), and able to field Zombie Dragons as a unit (unlocked via laboratory).

For Strigoi, a special mechanic could be implemented where you can summon an army of Ghouls, Crypt Horrors and Vargheists and other nasties from locations where big battles took place (same as are being used for raising undead), to represent scavengers gathering around the corpses to feast, and heeding the call of their Ghoul Kings. Such armies would probably be controlled by AI, they would spread vampiric corruption and raid the region. That, or they could act as summonable brayherd/waaagh-like army that follows the lord that summoned them.

As a last note, I really dearly hope Nagash will not be present in TWWH3 simply because his power level is way too high to be pitted against any other LL. And if he was at fraction of his power, he would not be Nagash I would want to see - no point in having this godlike entity as a lord of an army that can be defeated by a random noname doomstack...
    Agreed top to bottom. Only thing I would say, is I don't care how many LL a faction ends up with (And if they're really worried about it, directly separate Ghorst and Kemmler from the Vampire Counts, if not the entire lines), but that's a matter of personal taste.

And as for the last one, I hope Nagash is in the game, though as a boss/massive threat, not a playable faction.
  • GrantdemGrantdem Member Registered Users Posts: 121
    I would like to see a Heroes of the Empire mechanic for the Empire (obviously)
    Where as you reach certain levels of prestige you unlock new hero characters. E.g. Ludwig Schwartzhaven is a special Empire captain with the ability Empires Champion which gives increased agent success chance, and increased buffs to units in an army he is in.
    There are plenty named Empire characters this could apply to.
  • TalmoreanTalmorean Registered Users Posts: 1,436
    Empire Rework:

Franz gets an Elector Count mechanic where he has to negotiate with the other electors to get things done, Sigmar based mechanic added to the faction.

Gelt has a Colleges of Magic mechanic centered around building wizard towers and gaining magically superiority

Volkmar has a holy crusade mechanic where he strengthens the empire by destroying Norscans, Vampires, Chaos, Undead.

New Lord/s

Kurt Helborg: Starts in Castle Von Raukin (sp?) as and expeditionary force and has a vaunted legion mechanic (Think of Rome 2 where each legion had history, tech/choices to make and improve their base stats etc...) It could work like the Vampirate ships upgrades but for Helborgs army on land.

Todbringer: Similar Elector Count mechanic but his is Ulric based and at odds with Franz.