Welcome

Please register for Total War Access to use the forums. If you're an existing user, your forum details will be merged with Total War Access if you register with the same email or username. For more information please read our FAQ’s here.

Categories

Month later, no multiplayer ?

Tchiko02Tchiko02 Senior MemberPosts: 134Registered Users
Still looking for multiplayer, any info about it ?

Comments

• BillyRuffianBillyRuffian Moderator UKPosts: 36,059Registered Users, Moderators, Knights
    edited July 10
    It's been running for most peoiple since 17th of June when Steam put in their fix.

If it's not working for you, have you tried updating your Steam client?

"He uses statistics as a drunken man uses lamp-posts - for support rather than illumination." (Andrew Lang)

|Takeda| Yokota Takatoshi

Forum Terms and Conditions: - https://forums.totalwar.com/discussion/172193/forum-terms-and-conditions#latest

"We wunt be druv". iot6pc7dn8qs.png
  • Tchiko02Tchiko02 Senior Member Posts: 134Registered Users
    My client is up to date.
    The thing is that I don't see any multiplayer game, I wanted to play with a friend, in a 2v2, at 9:00pm and we didnt see any hosted game.
    I hosted a game and only one guy came but he left since no one else was joining. We tried to participate at a ranked battle but we waited 10 mins and no battles were found.

This game had a terrible multiplayer launch and I don't know if people are still looking for multiplayer games.

Also, do we know if some buffs or debuffs that have heroes will be nerf, like the -100 to morale for some character?
  • BillyRuffianBillyRuffian Moderator UKPosts: 36,059Registered Users, Moderators, Knights
    This is using Windows OS? Sounds odd.

I can't help with the hero buffs question as I don't play Romance mode.

"He uses statistics as a drunken man uses lamp-posts - for support rather than illumination." (Andrew Lang)

Forum Terms and Conditions: - https://forums.totalwar.com/discussion/172193/forum-terms-and-conditions#latest

edited July 11
    Windows OS, yes.

Are you having trouble looking for multiplayer battles ?

Anyway, I just have to see the number of subjects to see that multiplayer isnt either way played or working.

Looking at warhammer forum, for the multiplayer, it's not even comparable.
    Try clearing your Steam download cache again.

• GerryGamer7GerryGamer7 Munich, Bavaria | GermanyPosts: 388Registered Users
    24.656 players are playing right now on steam. I can see seven MP campaign games which are open to join and one MP. (sic!) I cannot see whether it is in romance or record mode. ha.

so -- while it is technically correct that there is a MP-platform available to players, it nevertheless also correct to say in the words of a colleague of ours here: Have i just spent 60 dollars on a game without multiplayer? :)

it is kind of a vicious circle, devs did not pay attention to their colleagues of warhammer mp and/or did not have the time to finish the mp and the result is: MP is dead right out of the box.

we the players are waiting now for 6 weeks already for an answer what the plans are on CAs side. Will this side of the game get improved upon and when? it is no technical issue, original poster @Tchiko02 ! It has nothing to do with the cache or other things, this is just the sad state the MP section is in. I would change to warhammer where the mp scene is alive and kicking but i cannot stand fantasy for a year or so, i need a break, and i love this game here. cheers

MAKE RECORDS MODE THE DEFAULT MODE FOR RANKED GAMES. Period.
    No matter how negative i may sound, i love three kingdoms.

24.656 players are playing right now on steam. I can see seven MP campaign games which are open to join and one MP. (sic!) I cannot see whether it is in romance or record mode. ha.

so -- while it is technically correct that there is a MP-platform available to players, it nevertheless also correct to say in the words of a colleague of ours here: Have i just spent 60 dollars on a game without multiplayer? :)

it is kind of a vicious circle, devs did not pay attention to their colleagues of warhammer mp and/or did not have the time to finish the mp and the result is: MP is dead right out of the box.

we the players are waiting now for 6 weeks already for an answer what the plans are on CAs side. Will this side of the game get improved upon and when? it is no technical issue, original poster @Tchiko02 ! It has nothing to do with the cache or other things, this is just the sad state the MP section is in. I would change to warhammer where the mp scene is alive and kicking but i cannot stand fantasy for a year or so, i need a break, and i love this game here. cheers

well, you're right, absolutely right, I can't even understand the lack of transparency and the silence about it.
    The game is great but they **** up the multiplayer part and it had a desastrous launch. Now we, the players are paying the consequences of a lack of time, work or investment.
    Not to mention, some issues in single player.
  • The_baronThe_baron Posts: 507Registered Users
    I love multiplayer ... like a lot ... I almost exclusively play multiplayer but I played only 1 MP battle in 3K.

its not that its bad , the game itself was fun - but getting into a game is a nightmare ... not to talk about getting to a MPC game !

The lobby designs are horrible, ranking system still is a failure and so on ... I will make a post on how to fix it at one point when I actually will have the will to do so ... but there is older posts of mine that still hold to this day about how bad the MP is in TW and its not the gameplay alone that kills it.
  • IMpracticalLYIMpracticalLY Posts: 44Registered Users
    No multiple heroes and records as the default mode in ranked battles.
  • JacquestheApostateJacquestheApostate Senior Member Posts: 672Registered Users
    Still waiting for records mode ranked battles.
    CA Please answer!!
    3 Kingdoms is a great game campaign wise. Make ranked battles in Records mode. Until that is done it won't be complete.
    Gun Cav in Shogun II should have a Retainer!
    Give us another Avatar Campaign!
  • IMpracticalLYIMpracticalLY Posts: 44Registered Users