Welcome

Please register for Total War Access to use the forums. If you're an existing user, your forum details will be merged with Total War Access if you register with the same email or username. For more information please read our FAQ’s here.

Categories

I'm thinking the next LP will be HE vs DE

Comments

• GoatforceGoatforce Registered Users Posts: 4,204

Goatforce said:

CA_James said:

Crossil said:

Feels like a storm is brewing. Might be just me overthinking this, though.

*Thunder rumbles ominously in the distance*
    Thunder = Storm, Storm = Stormwing, Grom vs Eltharion confirmed Boyz!!!!
    Now now, let's not be vulgar.

It is a clear reference to 'Thunder' song by Imagine Dragons. Prince Imrik and his many dragons are on the horizon!

Also Brinrairdih 'The Storm that Roars'. It couldn't be more clear.
    Pfft, the Stormwing reference is clear, as well as the sound made by the glorious bulk of Grom the Paunch and Niblet when they are on the warpath! This hint is obviously referencing both of the combatants coming next!
  • Vanilla_GorillaVanilla_Gorilla Registered Users Posts: 19,746

Goatforce said:

CA_James said:

Crossil said:

It is a clear reference to 'Thunder' song by Imagine Dragons. Prince Imrik and his many dragons are on the horizon!

Pfft. It's a clear reference to the classic ACDC song "Thunderstruck" Here are the Lyrics:

Thunder, thunder, thunder, thunder
    I was caught
    In the middle of a railroad track
    I looked round
    And I knew there was no turning back
    My mind raced
    And I thought what could I do
    And I knew
    There was no help, no help from you
    Sound of the drums
    Beating in my heart
    The thunder of guns
    Tore me apart
    You've been
    Thunderstruck

Rode down the highway
    Broke the limit, we hit the town
    Went through to Texas, yeah Texas, and we had some fun
    We met some girls
    Some dancers who gave a good time
    Broke all the rules
    Played all the fools
    Yeah yeah they, they, they blew our minds
    And I was shaking at the knees
    Could I come again please
    Yeah them ladies were too kind
    You've been
    Thunderstruck

I was shaking at the knees

Thunderstruck, Thunderstruck, Thunderstruck, Thunderstruck
    It's alright, we're doin' fine
    It's alright, we're doin' fine, fine, fine
    Thunderstruck, yeah, yeah, yeah
    Thunderstruck, Thunderstruck
    Thunderstruck, baby, baby
    Thunderstruck, you've been Thunderstruck
    You've been Thunderstruck

From these I can deduce that Grom is confirmed. Grom loves to "Hit the town" with a raid.
    Malakai is the best choice for a Dwarf LP. Give us Slayer lords so we may form a Slayer host and revel in our destruction!
  • Aram_theheadAram_thehead Registered Users Posts: 1,003
    I hope they mix the match ups. So do something like HEvsSkaven and DEvsLizardmen.
  • DraculasaurusDraculasaurus Registered Users Posts: 3,741

Specious? Fancy but I won't be adding that to my collection. Anyway. Nah. Factual. Furthermore for all this talk of "outcry" I *Looks around* see exactly 1 person annoyed at the prospect. A number that is at least matched by the number who will be annoyed if CA doesn't do crossovers because I would be. Therefore according to your logic the outcry level is made mute.

The interest is in crossovers, not in game 2 only LP's. Is it riskier to do something the people want the most or something people want the least? The clear answer is the former. Either way as I simply said what I want so I can't be wrong. Unless I lied about what I want that is.

I think it is a mistake to base your assumptions about what the broader community wants or will do off of polls posted to these forums. Those things are fun and all, but scientific polling they are not. My only issue here, Vanilla, is that you frequently frame what you want as if it is what will happen.

Perhaps I am wrong, perhaps CA is going to go down this route. But I base my predictions primarily on what I think is likely based on CA's track record and not so much on what I want as a player, and I feel that is the wiser course.
  • SteamageSteamage Registered Users Posts: 653
    To be fair, CA once answered years ago which campaign was more played.

The Mortal Empire campaign was played more often than the Vortex.

You have to understand, that was before the Mortal Empire campaign was in the current state as today and even still need two games to play it.

Still win, especially to see again about it that Mortal Empire needs for every round two minutes.

We don't have any current numbers how many players the Mortal Empire campaign has played through now.

But I can say, that more People play it, so there would have to be a large group of people who like cross-lps.
  • MaedrethnirMaedrethnir Senior Member Registered Users Posts: 7,620
    Goatforce said:

Goatforce said:

CA_James said:

Crossil said:

Pfft, the Stormwing reference is clear, as well as the sound made by the glorious bulk of Grom the Paunch and Niblet when they are on the warpath! This hint is obviously referencing both of the combatants coming next!

Goatforce said:

CA_James said:

Crossil said:

Pfft. It's a clear reference to the classic ACDC song "Thunderstruck" Here are the Lyrics:

Thunder, thunder, thunder, thunder
    I was caught
    In the middle of a railroad track
    I looked round
    And I knew there was no turning back
    My mind raced
    And I thought what could I do
    And I knew
    There was no help, no help from you
    Sound of the drums
    Beating in my heart
    The thunder of guns
    Tore me apart
    You've been
    Thunderstruck

Rode down the highway
    Broke the limit, we hit the town
    Went through to Texas, yeah Texas, and we had some fun
    We met some girls
    Some dancers who gave a good time
    Broke all the rules
    Played all the fools
    Yeah yeah they, they, they blew our minds
    And I was shaking at the knees
    Yeah them ladies were too kind
    You've been
    Thunderstruck

I was shaking at the knees

Thunderstruck, Thunderstruck, Thunderstruck, Thunderstruck
    It's alright, we're doin' fine
    It's alright, we're doin' fine, fine, fine
    Thunderstruck, yeah, yeah, yeah
    Thunderstruck, baby, baby
    Thunderstruck, you've been Thunderstruck
    You've been Thunderstruck

From these I can deduce that Grom is confirmed. Grom loves to "Hit the town" with a raid.
    I agree with you both that is refers to a sound but it is a sound made by dragon wings!

It's even in the lyrics 'the thunder of guns tore me apart'.

Drowned in stars, bloated we shine.
    ... .... .... --··-- -. --- - . .- .-. ... ·-·-·- --- -. .-.. -.-- -.. .-. . .- -- ... -. --- .-- ·-·-·-

So yeah, this thunder hint is like those oracle's prophecies that come true no matter what happens
  • 39821739175248623982173917524862 Registered Users Posts: 1,006
    Or maybe it's not a hint and it's just a reply to the saying "There is a storm brewing" , as a reply that just says that there is something coming. It doesn't have to be associated with thunder, but the CA person replied because the initial reply had something along those lines.
  • uriakuriak Registered Users Posts: 3,421
    Most reaction are tongue in cheek ;)

Storm -> stormvermin -> more a skaven happenin'
  • CrossilCrossil Registered Users Posts: 7,089
    edited July 2019
    Kelefane said:

Crossil said:

My intuition tells me the next lord pack as well as continuing content will be something uncharacteristic compared to previous LPs.

Dunno why. Currently all game 2 races are symmetrical with 4 LL each. Empire and Greenskins are just sitting there. Menacingly. No new races seems kind of strange this early on. The FLC Array is still lost in the Empyrean.

So I'm not sure if it's going to be as clean as you say. I'm not sure what to make of the lack of any info at all so it feels like CA is doing something in the background. I think this lack of info in itself is an indicator of CA's mentality and CA might actually do something out of the left field.

Well, they specifically did say "Lord Packs". I'm not sure how much differently they can do them unless they add more Lords per pack or something. I don't see crossovers happening (not yet at least)
    There are 3 aspects to an LP.

LP itself being 2 LLs for 2 core races of game 2.
    FLC being LL for one of those races.
    Rework of Old World faction that at most adds some unit choices and mechanics.

So it can be either LP itself or the FLC/rework content that could potentially be changed.

The fact that they withheld FLC Array for this long indicates to me that potentially they don't want to reveal some aspect of it. They excused it as them not being sure in what order they'll release it but I don't think it would be this difficult to come up with which content gets released when this late into development. Perhaps it might be just an LL, but it would be something different if that LL is for game 1 race? Or maybe it's a different kind of FLC. Maybe they go much further with faction rework so that game 1 race gets a new LL outside of the FLC Array.

On the other hand LP itself seems kind of a strange thing to do when the standard seems to be set at 4 LLs. Crossover maybe but they might, for instance, just go full on ME only and release GS vs. Empire? Or something more radical like 4 LLs LP all of which have different campaign goals compared to the rest of their races, that is they don't go for the Vortex. There's one more radical idea I have that turns the concept of an LP on its head but that one is really delusional so I won't mention it.

In my opinion it's just strange that we're getting more LPs since game 2 has been done in this symmetrical fashion and FLC are also suspect to change since the FLC Array is being held for this long. Perhaps they want to held back some info on coming content to build up hype for the next DLCs? Which could mean that FLC could be more extensive or something different from a simple LL.
    CA_James said:

Crossil said:

I hope you're not just playing along because you get a kick out of it.
    UNLEASH THE EVERCHARIOT
  • DaGangsterDaGangster Junior Member Registered Users Posts: 1,213
    Im thinking DE vs SK with and emphasis on Dark elves being revamped as apposed to the recently done skaven.

Team Vampire Counts

"Many players cannot help approaching a game as an optimization puzzle. What gives the most reward for the least risk? What strategy provides the highest chance – or even a guaranteed chance – of success? Given the opportunity, players will optimize the fun out of a game."

- Soren Johnson
  • NyxilisNyxilis Registered Users Posts: 3,637

Hopefully not.

Neither have much left.DE have Generic but he's a game 3 LL. HE have some viable LL choices.

If they stick to game 2 only that'd be pretty lame, but if they must I'd do LM vs DE and HE vs Skaven. Different matchups.

It's just a more pragmatic choice. Risk angering people who object to selling WHI content as if it's new, or just do standard lord packs with the canon units you have left while maybe inventing a few new ones or upgrading stuff that was merely mentioned in the lore to full-on units. Big companies tend to be risk averse.
    I'd argue not doing crossovers and returning to the old size of LP is the bigger risk. That's what the majority of fans want. Furthermore I don't see anyone complaining that game 1 has gone on sale for 75% off, so I see no reason for them to make game 1 and 2 DLC, or to have the core game 1 roster available to the minority who don't own both. They don't have to give the game 1 core roster for free, that's just the pragmatic choice.

If the question is what is more likely to earn them money the answer is crossovers.

Relevant to my comment on a pragmatic level they could do stick to game 2, it just holds less interest. It has less potential.
    I think the "what the majority of fans want" thing is specious and you're underestimating the level of outcry a move like this would provoke, outcry a company like CA would anticipate (because big companies tend to be overly cautious) and try to avoid. More money is always the goal, but most companies chase easy money over risky money, at least in the short term. I think you're also underestimating the bad precedent this sets. If WHI is essentially a giant piece of DLC now then crossover lord packs are DLC for DLC, which leaves a bad taste in a lot of people's mouths.

Regardless, that cryptic comment above suggests they're up to something. Maybe we're both wrong.

And I think you routinely over blow reaction to this. Millions own Warhammer 1, there is not some giant crowd that doesn't own 2. That's still some logical fallacy that gets held up pretending that Warhammer 2 somehow picked up that many new fans. Or of new ones it hasn't rapidly shrunk because they went and back grabbed.

It's largely imagined, there would be a few disgruntled souls. Just like there were to the fact they added Ikkit instead of Thanquol. Do they matter? No.
  • WyvaxWyvax Registered Users Posts: 2,599
    Crossil said:

Kelefane said:

Crossil said:

My intuition tells me the next lord pack as well as continuing content will be something uncharacteristic compared to previous LPs.

Dunno why. Currently all game 2 races are symmetrical with 4 LL each. Empire and Greenskins are just sitting there. Menacingly. No new races seems kind of strange this early on. The FLC Array is still lost in the Empyrean.

So I'm not sure if it's going to be as clean as you say. I'm not sure what to make of the lack of any info at all so it feels like CA is doing something in the background. I think this lack of info in itself is an indicator of CA's mentality and CA might actually do something out of the left field.

Well, they specifically did say "Lord Packs". I'm not sure how much differently they can do them unless they add more Lords per pack or something. I don't see crossovers happening (not yet at least)
    There are 3 aspects to an LP.

LP itself being 2 LLs for 2 core races of game 2.
    FLC being LL for one of those races.
    Rework of Old World faction that at most adds some unit choices and mechanics.

So it can be either LP itself or the FLC/rework content that could potentially be changed.

The fact that they withheld FLC Array for this long indicates to me that potentially they don't want to reveal some aspect of it. They excused it as them not being sure in what order they'll release it but I don't think it would be this difficult to come up with which content gets released when this late into development. Perhaps it might be just an LL, but it would be something different if that LL is for game 1 race? Or maybe it's a different kind of FLC. Maybe they go much further with faction rework so that game 1 race gets a new LL outside of the FLC Array.

On the other hand LP itself seems kind of a strange thing to do when the standard seems to be set at 4 LLs. Crossover maybe but they might, for instance, just go full on ME only and release GS vs. Empire? Or something more radical like 4 LLs LP all of which have different campaign goals compared to the rest of their races, that is they don't go for the Vortex. There's one more radical idea I have that turns the concept of an LP on its head but that one is really delusional so I won't mention it.

In my opinion it's just strange that we're getting more LPs since game 2 has been done in this symmetrical fashion and FLC are also suspect to change since the FLC Array is being held for this long. Perhaps they want to held back some info on coming content to build up hype for the next DLCs? Which could mean that FLC could be more extensive or something different from a simple LL.
    CA_James said:

Crossil said:

I hope you're not just playing along because you get a kick out of it.
    Please do reveal this idea, insane or not, speculation is worthwhile.

On the topic that @uriak and @Arsenic were discussing earlier, I think that the flashiness of a lord takes priority over fame in determining a lord pack. Most people that play TW:W weren't familiar with the setting prior, and while many have since gotten hooked on the fluff after the fact (such as myself) that doesn't mean that they have the same emotional connection to certain characters as old school Warhammer fans. Most never will. So the question becomes who's the flashier character to draw in the sales? An upgraded Grey Seer or a mutant three-armed monster rat? Another swordsman or a glowing battle Pope? A generic looking Vampire lord or a wizard that blurs the line between man and shambling corpse? Dancing orc shaman or Dr Seuss hat goblin with a giant squig buddy?
    Tomes read: The Great Betrayal, Master of Dragons, Curse of the Phoenix Crown, Trollslayer, Skavenslayer, Daemonslayer, Dragonslayer, Beastslayer, Vampireslayer, Malekith, The Bloody Handed

It's T. rex, not T-Rex, you filthy casuals.

"Draconic murder ferret attack dog." - Ben1990 describing Shard Dragons.
  • kelembribor21kelembribor21 Registered Users Posts: 210
    edited July 2019

Malus vs Imrik
    Lords Beast or Fleet Master and Arch Mages
    Hero for High Elves in Dragon Mage
    You could add some legendary heroes as well such as Caradryan or Korhil and make them quests like the lizard men have. DE could get Shadowblade
    Units Medusa and White Lion Charriot
    Then a couple other units added in

That is picture of Caledor the Conqueror, who was also named Imrik before he took that name as Phoenix King
    Goatforce said:

CA_James said:

Crossil said:

Interestingly Grom also means Thunder in lot of Slavic languages.
  • Bonutz619Bonutz619 Registered Users Posts: 2,171
    CA_James said:

Crossil said:

Thunder rumbles ominously in the distance.

Thunderlizard confirmed.
  • WaaaghCheifWaaaghCheif Junior Member Registered Users Posts: 1,184
    I feel the warp overtaking me, it is a good pain.

Sanity is for the weak!
  • TalmoreanTalmorean Registered Users Posts: 1,436
    Guys, Thunder is obviously in reference to Thunder Rolls by Garth Brooks.

They are adding Garth Brooks as LL to the game.

I cracked the case. You're welcome.
  • DraculasaurusDraculasaurus Registered Users Posts: 3,741
    Talmorean said:

Heresy, this is clearly a reference to Thunder Road by Bruce Springsteen. AKA "The Boss." New Greenskin LL confirmed.
  • FinishingLastFinishingLast Registered Users Posts: 4,323
    Confirmed.

I don't know what. But it is.
    Later

Truest revelation lies behind combination of those elements. Lizard + skies + mass = dragon. As for translation: grom backwards is 'mȯrg' which is a pronuciation of 'morgue'. Thunder is an anagram of 'red hunt'. So here we have it: red hunt leading to morgue. Who is riding red creatures? Dragon Mages on Sun Dragons. Prince Imrik confirmed.
    ... .... .... --··-- -. --- - . .- .-. ... ·-·-·- --- -. .-.. -.-- -.. .-. . .- -- ... -. --- .-- ·-·-·-

• AzurianAzurian Registered Users Posts: 1,478

Goatforce said:

CA_James said:

Crossil said:

Finally, a sensible man, Yes, of course a thunder this Imric and dragons.

• DraxynnicDraxynnic Registered Users Posts: 7,900
    Crossil said:

Honestly, if nothing else, I really doubt that there's going to be as much of a focus on RoRs. Maybe a couple - the Game 2 core races do have fewer RoRs than their Game 1 equivalents, after all - but I don't see them getting another eight each.
  • chrissher7chrissher7 Junior Member Registered Users Posts: 2,038
    HoneyBun said:

I think you are right.

But I wish you weren't.

Especially when CA follow standard form and do a minor flc Lord called Doris the Cleaner of the Tor Yvesse Egg Cups

I think they have enough potential ones for he although unsure about de also they will be probably scraping the unit barrel which is why cross games are the way to go if possible.

Azurian said:

Goatforce said:

CA_James said:

Crossil said:

Finally, a sensible man, Yes, of course a thunder this Imric and dragons.
    You! You see the truth. They can't fathom greatness, for they are just that. Ordinary. But you see! You know.

• FungusHoundFungusHound Registered Users Posts: 2,548
    Talmorean said:

Well I know what I am going to do in Game 3 now

G'arth B'rooks the Chaos Dwarf having a rodeo on his Great Taurus.
  • ItanusItanus Registered Users Posts: 259
    In my opinion Imrik is definitely a better candidate,Eltharion would start in yvresse,which is boring for the high elves(in terms of vortex there is only sartosa there and 2 LL already are on Ulthuan) and the only thing that would be beneficial for the HE would by gryphon mount(if nobles could use it it would definitely help).So pretty much both Imrik and Eltharion would bring some boring useless chariot and equally useless flying chariot and possibly some units created by CA(as well as dragon mages and archmages hopefully),but Imrik can start anywhere.Both could and would have interesting mechanics,but Imrik has more potential for some dragon or 'elite' focused units.

As for DE i think both Malus and Rakarth are fairly interesting choices,i would love to see either.
  • ItanusItanus Registered Users Posts: 259
    Draxynnic said:

Crossil said:

Honestly, if nothing else, I really doubt that there's going to be as much of a focus on RoRs. Maybe a couple - the Game 2 core races do have fewer RoRs than their Game 1 equivalents, after all - but I don't see them getting another eight each.
    I actually disagree as RoRs are pretty easy to make most of the time and they add some more 'value' to the dlc.(i am not for or against it ,just trying to look at it from CA side)
  • GoatforceGoatforce Registered Users Posts: 4,204
    Itanus said:

In my opinion Imrik is definitely a better candidate,Eltharion would start in yvresse,which is boring for the high elves(in terms of vortex there is only sartosa there and 2 LL already are on Ulthuan) and the only thing that would be beneficial for the HE would by gryphon mount(if nobles could use it it would definitely help).So pretty much both Imrik and Eltharion would bring some boring useless chariot and equally useless flying chariot and possibly some units created by CA(as well as dragon mages and archmages hopefully),but Imrik can start anywhere.Both could and would have interesting mechanics,but Imrik has more potential for some dragon or 'elite' focused units.

As for DE i think both Malus and Rakarth are fairly interesting choices,i would love to see either.

Eltharion I believe has himself traveled a fair bit (he can start in the Badlands in ME for example as he went on a expedition to wipe out orcs their), so I don't think the Start Pos argument holds much water as Eltharion could be moved. Tbh CA has moved LLs to places that really don't fit, especially in Vortex, so it isn't really a big issue that a character should be somewhere.

Whilst, yes, gryphons are nothing new, at least it adds a new mount to the HE roster and Lord choices, also isn't he a Loremaster? (Though that might just be "The Blind", though a Lord with 2 potential paths would be really cool) A LL with signiture spells and a Gryphon would be pretty cool and fairly unique, an upgraded Prince on a dragon doesn't seem to bring anything new to the table, and seems more FLC tier to me. So as not to anger a certain someone I would be ok getting Imrik, just think he has far less to recommend him personally, which combined with potential matchups (.... Grom *Cough*) seems to make him an inferior choice imo.
    Goatforce said:

Itanus said:

Eltharion I believe has himself traveled a fair bit (he can start in the Badlands in ME for example as he went on a expedition to wipe out orcs their), so I don't think the Start Pos argument holds much water as Eltharion could be moved. Tbh CA has moved LLs to places that really don't fit, especially in Vortex, so it isn't really a big issue that a character should be somewhere.

Whilst, yes, gryphons are nothing new, at least it adds a new mount to the HE roster and Lord choices, also isn't he a Loremaster? (Though that might just be "The Blind", though a Lord with 2 potential paths would be really cool) A LL with signiture spells and a Gryphon would be pretty cool and fairly unique, an upgraded Prince on a dragon doesn't seem to bring anything new to the table, and seems more FLC tier to me. So as not to anger a certain someone I would be ok getting Imrik, just think he has far less to recommend him personally, which combined with potential matchups (.... Grom *Cough*) seems to make him an inferior choice imo.
    Most HE LL are Princes! But Imrik is Prince among Princes! The Prince That Was Promised! He and Caledor are what High Elves need, his is great potential for fantastic mechanics and unique gamestyle.

Eltharion would make a fine FLC though!