Welcome

Please register for Total War Access to use the forums. If you're an existing user, your forum details will be merged with Total War Access if you register with the same email or username. For more information please read our FAQ’s here.

Categories

Would Fimir and/or Ogre races appear on WH3?

rafantomasrafantomas Posts: 649Registered Users
Haven’t heard much about the Fimir race, any chance it would appear on WH3? Ogre is a must I think.

My race wish list would be:

Ogres
Cathay
Araby
Fimir

I don’t see the fun of Dogs of War cause they are just different units from different races together. Can’t see te fun. Someone explain?

Comments

• WyvaxWyvax Posts: 1,924Registered Users
    Ogre Kingdoms will definitely come hands down. Fimir won't get there own race as they were rolled into Norsca. If a distinct gnoblar country race came (not likely but possible and fun) then you might see a landmark that allows recruitment of fimir in a swampy area.
    Tomes read: The Great Betrayal, Master of Dragons, Curse of the Phoenix Crown, Trollslayer, Skavenslayer, Daemonslayer, Dragonslayer, Beastslayer, Vampireslayer, Malekith, The Bloody Handed

It's T. rex, not T-Rex, you filthy casuals.
  • rafantomasrafantomas Posts: 649Registered Users
    edited July 10
    Wyvax said:

Ogre Kingdoms will definitely come hands down. Fimir won't get there own race as they were rolled into Norsca. If a distinct gnoblar country race came (not likely but possible and fun) then you might see a landmark that allows recruitment of fimir in a swampy area.

so which races do you think they’ll add to the 3rd game, counting pre order
  • TalmoreanTalmorean Posts: 1,430Registered Users

I don’t see the fun of Dogs of War cause they are just different units from different races together. Can’t see te fun. Someone explain?

HE Dragon riding Lord with ogre monterous infantry, dwarven thunderers, human pikemen, knightly orders, greenskin gobbos all mixed into one army?

That sounds very fun to me. It's not just "another human race"

Talmorean said:

HE Dragon riding Lord with ogre monterous infantry, dwarven thunderers, human pikemen, knightly orders, greenskin gobbos all mixed into one army?

That sounds very fun to me. It's not just "another human race"

I’ve seen some non playable races that have a mix raced army I think the where rouge on vortex. Would be nice to play them tho.
  • KrunchKrunch Junior Member Posts: 3,832Registered Users
    edited July 10

Wyvax said:

so which races do you think they’ll add to the 3rd game, counting pre order
    Chaos Dwarfs, Daemons of Chaos, and Ogre Kingdoms are a given. Personally I really hope they also do Chaos Divided, I will be very upset if I can't lead an army with Warriors of Chaos and Daemons in the same army by the time this trilogy is over. Also if there are no unique models for god specific Chaos Warriors units. Kislev seems likely, though whether it would be a pre order bonus or a base game race remains to be seen. I'm not sure whether it would be a DLC or whether it would be a base game race but personally I could see Nagash and his undead being included as a new "Race".

Cathay is very, very unlikely but possible. However I would not expect to see much of Cathay itself, if Cathay is included(and they are in no way guaranteed or even likely to be) I'd expect them to be represented as Expeditionary forces being sent from Cathay or outposts on the very edge of Cathay.
    Post edited by Krunch on
  • misunderstoodvampiremisunderstoodvampire Posts: 719Registered Users
    Nah. Ogres are a long shot. Don’t think they make it in. 7 Chaos races and 2 more undead races should be enough to complete the trilogy (Hides from Vanilla Gorilla)

Nah. Ogres are a long shot. Don’t think they make it in. 7 Chaos races and 2 more undead races should be enough to complete the trilogy (Hides from Vanilla Gorilla)

You are saying they won’t include the only unique race with a full unit roster to be unveiled and a need to eat to survive? Even to the extent of cannibalism?
  • TalmoreanTalmorean Posts: 1,430Registered Users

You are saying they won’t include the only unique race with a full unit roster to be unveiled and a need to eat to survive? Even to the extent of cannibalism?
    He's **** with you. He likes to do that.
  • Aram_theheadAram_thehead Posts: 830Registered Users
    @Krunch agreed. I really hope we will get a faction that allows us to mix daemons and mortals in the same army.
    Ogres should have the “time to eat!” mechanic. They stack meat (instead of gold) from the bodies of the killed enemies and friends after a battle. Kinda would make em go for the fights but also give them the opportunity to stack, grow and conquer.
  • PancakesPancakes Posts: 377Registered Users
    CA said they will be doing each of the races with rosters.
    So on release it will be: Ogre kingdoms, Kislev, daemons of chaos, and chaos Dwarves.

Aside from ogre and daemons, which have fully fleshed out armies, the chaos Dwarves and Kislev do have near full rosters in previous and limited editions.

Still hoping for more races, by the end of TWWH3 but on launch most likely that.

As for fimirs, no no real race of them, they are too few and were never fleshed out, we would sooner get a playable race of giants. Just not enough tangible lore or army roster for a faction of them.

Aside from the 4, the other less likely options, or post lanuch races would be Araby, dogs of war, halflings, amazons, and Kathay, as they have partial armies in books or at least more lore.
  • DaGangsterDaGangster Junior Member Posts: 898Registered Users
    edited July 10
    Orges (Food Resource)
    Demons of Chaos (Souls/Favor Resource)
    Chaos Dwarves (Slaves like dark elves)
    Kislev
    Preorder Hobgoblins? DoW for G2? or maybe Kislev is the preorder and one of the others is the main race. No matter what a race CA made up, at least for the most part, will be a main race. This means they will also be making dlc for a race they made which hasn't happened yet either.

Team Vampire Counts

"Many players cannot help approaching a game as an optimization puzzle. What gives the most reward for the least risk? What strategy provides the highest chance – or even a guaranteed chance – of success? Given the opportunity, players will optimize the fun out of a game."

- Soren Johnson
  • PancakesPancakes Posts: 377Registered Users
    Dogs of war is already in the game as "rogue armies" so if they are added as a race, it would most likely be a horde faction with some VERY unique mechanics.
    The easiest way for them to get added to the game in a playable way would be to simply add a dlc that gives purchasable mercenaries, and maybe a NPC faction with some story elements and deplomacy. Play more, make right choices, get better Mercs.
  • Lord_DistamorfinLord_Distamorfin Posts: 444Registered Users
    Game 3 will be Daemons, Ogres, Chaos Dwarfs, and either Kislev or Cathay.
    Regarding Fimir, all I want to see a couple more units in the Norsca roster. I've always been disappointed that GW stopped trying to make them their mascot race and I'd love to see a Fimir Meargh and maybe some other things from the Fimir armybook. It would've been great to see a fully fleshed out Fimir race occupying Albion.
  • Bonutz619Bonutz619 Posts: 921Registered Users
    Ogres - absolutely. These chubby boys are already a given.

Fimir already exist through Norsca so highly unlikely we see them in Game 3.
  • Vanilla_GorillaVanilla_Gorilla Posts: 16,487Registered Users

WHY YOU LITTLE!
    Game 3 must have variety in its core races. Ogres, Chaos Dwarfs, Kislev, and Demons of Chaos in its full iconic, glorious, undivided glory.
    Anyway the Ogres are a given. They should have a great doom stack game.

Araby are a possibility for pre order, Fimir aren't. The likely candidates are Ogres, Chaos Dwarfs, Demons, and Kislev. Cathay's possible but unlikely.
    Game 3 must have variety in its core races. Ogres, Chaos Dwarfs, Kislev, and Demons of Chaos in its full iconic, glorious, undivided glory.
  • PaulHPaulH Posts: 1,310Registered Users
    Fimir do live in the Ghost Fells of the Dark Lands. I can’t see them being added as a race, but they exist in that region.
  • MarkerMarker Posts: 968Registered Users

Haven’t heard much about the Fimir race, any chance it would appear on WH3? Ogre is a must I think.

Ogres
    Cathay
    Araby
    Fimir

There are some Fimir units in the game but i think the Fimir are part of Albion, Norsca and maby Dogs of War.
  • ErminazErminaz Senior Member Las Vegas, Nevada, USAPosts: 5,559Registered Users
    PaulH said:

Fimir do live in the Ghost Fells of the Dark Lands. I can’t see them being added as a race, but they exist in that region.

While true I don't think this warrants a full race and playable but I does justify either making them something like a rogue army that spawns in the Ghost Fells.
    Tacitus Quotes:
    Auferre, trucidare, rapere, falsis nominibus imperium; atque, ubi solitudinem faciunt, pacem appellant.
    They plunder, they slaughter, and they steal: this they falsely name Empire, and where they make a wasteland, they call it peace.

Corruptissima re publica plurimae leges.
    The more numerous the laws, the more corrupt the government.

I found Rome a city of filth covered marble and left it a pile of rubble. - Me
  • kasunrathnatungakasunrathnatunga Posts: 616Registered Users
    Erminaz said:

PaulH said:

While true I don't think this warrants a full race and playable but I does justify either making them something like a rogue army that spawns in the Ghost Fells.
    we will get more rouge armies made with just fimir, but norsca could use some fimir lords and units.
  • FungusHoundFungusHound Posts: 2,324Registered Users

Erminaz said:

PaulH said:

we will get more rouge armies made with just fimir, but norsca could use some fimir lords and units.
    Just a Fimir Lord choice would be greatly appreciated. Playing Throgg and having your other armies led by mere men is humiliating!
  • TayvarTayvar Posts: 10,525Registered Users

Ogres
    Cathay
    Araby
    Fimir

The Ogres has an Army Book, the Fimir are already in the game but they are not independent. Cathay barely has any lore and models from GW, Araby has much more lore and models in comparison.

• gekjgekj Junior Member Posts: 160Registered Users
    Pre order will be araby for WH2, like norsca
  • RomeoRejectRomeoReject Posts: 516Registered Users

Ogres
    Cathay
    Araby
    Fimir

• Ogres: All but guaranteed.
    • Cathay: Personally, I'd say they've got a fantastic chance.
    • Araby: I actually think we will see Araby eventually, unlike the others. Whether they're a preorder reward or a DLC race after game 3, no idea. But I suspect they're going to make an appearance down the line.
    • Fimir: As others have said, they already sort've exist in Norsca. I think the best case scenario is we get a Fimir-focused subfaction of Norsca eventually.
  • PatriksevePatrikseve Member Posts: 1,649Registered Users

Orges (Food Resource)
    Kislev
    Preorder Hobgoblins? DoW for G2? or maybe Kislev is the preorder and one of the others is the main race. No matter what a race CA made up, at least for the most part, will be a main race. This means they will also be making dlc for a race they made which hasn't happened yet either.

I think the preorder might be araby remember the preorder is usually a prequel faction.... Norsca was first for game 1 when preording game 2. But of course we wont know they might do something else for that preorder. If they do a faction its likely for game 2. Thats why I doubt hobgoblins or kieslev as such. Theres a few options for game 2 remaining but I honestly think Araby is the one with the most potential to be something unique, but theres also various merc factions, colonial enteprises they could make into a faction.

Orges (Food Resource)
    Kislev

I think the preorder might be araby remember the preorder is usually a prequel faction.... Norsca was first for game 1 when preording game 2. But of course we wont know they might do something else for that preorder. If they do a faction its likely for game 2. Thats why I doubt hobgoblins or kieslev as such. Theres a few options for game 2 remaining but I honestly think Araby is the one with the most potential to be something unique, but theres also various merc factions, colonial enteprises they could make into a faction.
    1 Game has had a pre-order for the previous game. 1 Data point does not make a trend. Given how badly that went I wouldn't blame them for not doing it again.
  • RomeoRejectRomeoReject Posts: 516Registered Users

Orges (Food Resource)
    Kislev

1 Game has had a pre-order for the previous game. 1 Data point does not make a trend. Given how badly that went I wouldn't blame them for not doing it again.
    Definitely not saying "Race Pack Confirmed", but Grace also said on Reddit that the "Only Lord Packs coming" comment did not apply to the Pre-Order bonus, which I personally see as decent evidence towards them following the same idea as the first pre-order race.