Welcome

Please register for Total War Access to use the forums. If you're an existing user, your forum details will be merged with Total War Access if you register with the same email or username. For more information please read our FAQ’s here.

Categories

I think the next two lord packs will be for old world races

2»

Comments

• gekjgekj Junior Member Posts: 160Registered Users
    edited July 14
    Yo dog, I heard you like DLC

So we put a DLC in a DLC

• Vanilla_GorillaVanilla_Gorilla Posts: 16,412Registered Users
    42konyo said:

There seems to be far more demand from the fan base, especially on this forum for old world races to be updated as opposed to new world.

Based on what?
    Don't bother, he'll just ignore anyone that calls him out on his baseless claims.
    https://www.poll-maker.com/results2413150x995A4c8b-69#tab-2

Yep, totally baseless. Nothing to see here, no, no, nope.
    Game 3 must have variety in its core races. Ogres, Chaos Dwarfs, Kislev, and Demons of Chaos in its full iconic, glorious, undivided glory.
  • Firkraag888Firkraag888 Posts: 1,428Registered Users

42konyo said:

There seems to be far more demand from the fan base, especially on this forum for old world races to be updated as opposed to new world.

Based on what?
    Don't bother, he'll just ignore anyone that calls him out on his baseless claims.

You where better of just ignoring them. There agenda is having new world races updated vs old world and they where clearly looking for me to bite.

But anyway that is very funny lol
  • EterlikEterlik Posts: 65Registered Users
    There are no real arguments to back up my desire,
    but I would love to see some additional lords for the old world races.
    I just like to play those old factions and more variety is always good to have :)
    I don't really care if its a world 1 only dlc, cross game dlc or FLC.

42konyo said:

Based on what?

You where better of just ignoring them. There agenda is having new world races updated vs old world and they where clearly looking for me to bite.

Make no mistake I'm not a subscriber to your idea of game 1 only. Crossovers are what I want. That said if it were a choice between game 1 or game 2 the former would probably win out. And of course you're welcome to your opinion of the activity forum. I'd have to agree that game 1 gets more threads and comments than game 2 in terms of reworks.
    Game 3 must have variety in its core races. Ogres, Chaos Dwarfs, Kislev, and Demons of Chaos in its full iconic, glorious, undivided glory.
  • Ephraim_DaltonEphraim_Dalton Senior Member Posts: 20,680Registered Users
    edited July 15

42konyo said:

Based on what?

Online polls = Completely Worthless

Has been explained a million times already. Online polls aren't representative of anything.

I go to a Disney fansite and make a poll whether Disney Star Wars is better than the OT. I get the desired result immediately.

42konyo said:

Based on what?

Still waiting for your evidence.

42konyo said:

Based on what?

Make no mistake I'm not supportive of the game 1 only idea, but that poll neatly demonstrates the interest in updates involving game 1 races. Regardless what you said doesn't need any data or evidence, it's your opinion of what the forum thinks, an opinion you're welcome to express.

For the record between game 1 and 2 I think the interest is more in the former, so I agree with your assessment.
    @Ephraim_Dalton They don't need to provide evidence. It's their opinion of the forum. Which looking at the forum, yeah, game 1 race updates are quite clearly a popular topic. You've made a few yourself. Game 2 race updates? *Tumbleweed passes by*. Yep, says it all.

I've provided a poll quite clearly demonstrating the interest in updates involving game 1 races. You don't have to accept that, but that doesn't change the fact that it's there. You can dismiss evidence that doesn't suit your view, but that doesn't mean it disappears.
  • Ephraim_DaltonEphraim_Dalton Senior Member Posts: 20,680Registered Users
    He was presenting the "most people want OW stuff" as a fact, not as an opinion so he gets to actually support it.

Your attempt at deflection failed.

And it is supported. There's a poll right there. Whether or not you like the support or not it's still support.

Regardless that's not the case this is what they said.

This is quite clearly an opinion.

They simply said what their opinion of the forum's demand is. Which i s entirely fair enough and requires no evidence to support it. Though, as above there is evidence in the form of a poll.
  • ReeksReeks Posts: 1,935Registered Users

Next LP will Be Skaven vs Skaven

Our lord and savior Thanquol The Magnificent-Omnipotent

Nasty-Disgusting Throt The Unclean

All glory to The Great Horned One
  • dge1dge1 Moderator Arkansas, USAPosts: 18,653Registered Users, Moderators, Knights
    Posts with derogatory remarks to and about of members have been deleted.
    "The two most common things in the universe are Hydrogen and Stupidity." - Harlan Ellison
    "The right to be heard does not automatically include the right to be taken seriously." - Hubert H. Humphrey
    "Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.” - George Carlin
    dge1 said:

i agree
  • 42konyo42konyo Posts: 774Registered Users
    edited July 15

dge1 said:

i agree
    Dont' we all.
    Reeks said:

Next LP will Be Skaven vs Skaven

Our lord and savior Thanquol The Magnificent-Omnipotent

Nasty-Disgusting Throt The Unclean

All glory to The Great Horned One

I'd totally buy it, it'd be a meme, but still it'd buy it the second it became available.
    any way back on topic

so its a welf lord pack next

cause clearly the community is demanding it

any way back on topic

Clearly.
    @Firkraag888 could you please throw a link to the petition showing the majority of the community members "clearly demanding a Wood Elves update next"

Thanks
    All i see is a handful of forum users clamoring for a Wood Elves update and they done that since the faction were released in game one
    edited July 15

l

42konyo said:

any way back on topic

Clearly.
    dude chill out

the way the world works is people are different

you think differently to me, i am different to you

its not not about ego, its about just thinking differently

And again, we want the same, i'd love to see game 1 races get new toys i'm just annoyed that you claim certain things to be facts while providing nothing to back it up however easy it might be to do so, you could have linked to the strawpoll that VG linked to for example but you chose to act smug as if your claims don't need proof instead of just adding a link to your claims so people understand what angle you're coming from.

You wouldn't believe me if i claimed CA said they discontinued the warhammer franchise, you'd want me to link to the original post where a CA staff member would have said such a thing before assuming that it's true, right?
    All i'm asking you to do is the same thing when you claim CA will/won't do X, it has nothing to do with not agreeing with your argument but simply serves to clarify why you say certain things so the other party can give a proper response.
    42konyo said:

l

42konyo said:

any way back on topic

Clearly.
    dude chill out

the way the world works is people are different

you think differently to me, i am different to you

its not not about ego, its about just thinking differently

And again John, we want the same, i'd love to see game 1 races get new toys i'm just annoyed that you claim certain things to be facts while providing nothing to back it up however easy it might be to do so, you could have linked to the strawpoll that VG linked to for example but you chose to act smug as if your claims don't need proof instead of just adding a link to your claims so people understand what angle you're coming from.

You wouldn't believe me if i claimed CA said they discontinued the warhammer franchise, you'd want me to link to the original post where a CA staff member would have said such a thing before assuming that it's true, right?
    All i'm asking you to do is the same thing when you claim CA will/won't do X, it has nothing to do with not agreeing with your argument but simply serves to clarify why you say certain things so the other party can give a proper response.
    I will do this. My lord.
  • dge1dge1 Moderator Arkansas, USAPosts: 18,653Registered Users, Moderators, Knights
    Additional posts removed. Discuss the topic, not each other.
    "The two most common things in the universe are Hydrogen and Stupidity." - Harlan Ellison
    "The right to be heard does not automatically include the right to be taken seriously." - Hubert H. Humphrey
    "Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.” - George Carlin
    So back to the topic.

welfs are the next in line for a boost?

No?
  • NyxilisNyxilis Posts: 3,006Registered Users
    I think a lot of silly concepts are getting tossed out here. Including thoughts on what is and is not acceptable.

1. They don't have to put any game one race addition into the Vortex. They can just as easily add any lord through FLC or even these DLCs and not add them to the Vortex. This is not the corner make out to be, it's pretty well imagined.

2. Game one races are popular, but so are game 2. To think that a lord pack selling game one races, or updating game 2 races wouldn't sell is pretty well.. misguided. I'd buy either.

3. People are confusing the want of updates because something is broken with popularity as a whole on some fronts. Greenskins are not popular in TW, TT yes, TW no. Can very well be because of mechanics, but people do know they're busted and lackluster and want a fix. That's not to be confused with people who would want a HE update because they're popularly played here. Or a Skaven one because they want completion. I want both.

4. Internet polls are in fact pretty bad examples of anything. They're usually on fan sites, which are frequented by less than 5% of any given fan base. Think the majority of those millions who bought 3k or TW are here on this forum? Not even 1%. We have significantly more knowledge of Warhammer, Total War Series, and CA as a whole. This skews our wants vs what the actual mass bulk will accept. Or for that matter desire.

5. It can just as likely be cross faction. Which in my mind is infinitely more likely than both game 1 factions. In fact, I say that has about zero chance. It's either going to be cross faction of one new vs one old. Or simply both new.

So back to the topic.

welfs are the next in line for a boost?

No?

Given they're a DLC and have all their units that's highly unlikely.