Welcome

Please register for Total War Access to use the forums. If you're an existing user, your forum details will be merged with Total War Access if you register with the same email or username. For more information please read our FAQ’s here.

Categories

I think people are underestimating CA - maybe the FLC is a whole new culture pack

19930423LDr19930423LDr Registered Users Posts: 198
It makes no sense for them to make Eight Princes the first 3K DLC. That is unless there is a tie-in culture pack that ties it to the core game. The obvious choice is the Xiongnu, who are one of the primary players during the Eight Princes era. My belief is that the FLC will unlock the XIongnu faction for both 190 and 291 starts.

Comments

• markp27markp27 Registered Users Posts: 1,463
    That may be possible, however some word from CA would of stopped all this. The lack of feedback on this shows a lack of regard for their customer base.
  • takilung31takilung31 Registered Users Posts: 1,318
    Yeah Xiongnu and Xiang Bei existed since 3K period, it would be unwise not include them

same with Qiang maraders

https://www.reddit.com/r/totalwar/comments/biczny/nomadic_dlc_for_3k/

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Battle_of_Yijing

(7000+ Xianbei Cavalry)

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Battle_of_White_Wolf_Mountain

nomadic Wuhuan tribes + Xianbei tribes.

• mcar110mcar110 Member United KingdomRegistered Users Posts: 431
    edited July 2019
    I think some reactions on these forums to the eight Princes announcement is overblown. We’ve only seen a trailer. I think it’s always best to pass judgement on these things until we’ve seen more of it. I reckon ( or at least I’m hoping) that it might surprise a few people.
    Your FLC suggestion is a good shout (something akin to when Bretonnia was released as a free race in WH1), but I think it’s more likely that the Xiongnu would form part of a Barbarian/nomadic factions dlc later down the line.

I think some new legendary characters for the main campaign is more likely as the FLC
    Post edited by mcar110 on
    markp27 said:

That may be possible, however some word from CA would of stopped all this. The lack of feedback on this shows a lack of regard for their customer base.

According to that blog that came with the steam page, we’ll find out about the FLC on 1st August
  • 19930423LDr19930423LDr Registered Users Posts: 198
    I think CA is trying to underwhelm us on purpose so that when the FLC comes, we are all surprised and happy. They did it before with Dong Zhuo, no reason why they won't do it again.
  • TheGreatPamphletTheGreatPamphlet Registered Users Posts: 239
    Not a chance. Free DLCs are minor stuff that can be finished in a single day, not potentially very profitable culture packs.
    Nestor.

Allah, Suriya, Bashar w Bas!
  • ArneSoArneSo Registered Users Posts: 4,506
    edited July 2019
    I don’t think that CA try’s to sell us the bad DLC and will give us an amazing FLC at the same time. That would make no sense from the view of a company.
    At this point I just hope we will get some new unique character models and that’s it. Maybe 3-5 new models, I don’t expect to much

And we pretty much know what the DLC will bring from steam. 8 princes with their own new mechanics and special units.

The funny thing is that most units are already available and most “new” mechanics are just reused mechanics from the base game... even those 8 princes are just reskinned models of already existing characters, the quality of that DLC seems ridiculously bad compared to the amazing yellow turbans, it is laughable and sad at the same time.
  • CK2BenchmarkCK2Benchmark Registered Users Posts: 284
    Imagine how deluded somebody would actually have to be to believe this. But big if true. Very big.
  • BreadboxBreadbox Registered Users Posts: 785
    They have released unique culture flc before, think the white huns and garamantia for attila.

It is possible but unlikely seeing that nomadic faction would be different from any existing faction in every aspect.
    And I much rather nomads be done justice rather than being half assed in a FLC.

It’s probably 1-2 characters with 1-2 basic han faction, maybe Yan Baihu or something.
  • TayvarTayvar Registered Users Posts: 10,877
    People has low expectations from an CA's DLC for a reason, CA has messed up with many DLCs.
  • Ephraim_DaltonEphraim_Dalton Senior Member Registered Users Posts: 22,902
    Tayvar said:

People has low expectations from an CA's DLC for a reason, CA has messed up with many DLCs.

Then what's all the whining and complaining about?

Tayvar said:

An complains about CA making an poor choice once again, like CA did back in other Total War games.
  • Whiskeyjack_5691Whiskeyjack_5691 Registered Users Posts: 3,140
    We haven't even got the foggiest hint of what the FLC might be. Speculating for fun is grand, but let's not start jumping to conclusions that the FLC is going to be the final piece of the puzzle that ties this DLC to the main campaign and expands it in some way.
    edited July 2019
    Tayvar said:

Tayvar said:

An complains about CA making an poor choice once again, like CA did back in other Total War games.
    But you said people were expecting such. Complaints and whining imply people thought otherwise.

Also, it's a great choice. I hope the next DLC IS the Opium Wars.

Maybe the whining is about the point that CA should’ve learned from old stand alone DLC fails like Whrath of Sparta and the last roman.

They realised that lackluster mini campaigns are unpopular in WH2 and that players prefer the grand campaign to be extended. But they just messed it again....
    And yes regarding to it’s quality, 8p is a mini campaign! Even if it’s the same campaign map it looks bland and has only 8 unique character models... the grand campaign has 40.
    ArneSo said:

Maybe the whining is about the point that CA should’ve learned from old stand alone DLC fails like Whrath of Sparta and the last roman.

They realised that lackluster mini campaigns are unpopular in WH2 and that players prefer the grand campaign to be extended. But they just messed it again....
    And yes regarding to it’s quality, 8p is a mini campaign! Even if it’s the same campaign map it looks bland and has only 8 unique character models... the grand campaign has 40.

Played not a single turn on the new campaign but already knows what it will be like.

Yup I can assume that it will be bland and boring because I checked the steam page and saw the cheap price of 8€.
    ArneSo said:

Yup I can assume that it will be bland and boring because I checked the steam page and saw the cheap price of 8€.

So it should have been $99.99 and you'd have been enthusiastic? Didn't I have that debate before?

ArneSo said:

A higher price doesn’t guarantee quality.

It’s the same price as the Yellow Turban Rebellion and that DLC is great!
  • Misaka_ComplexMisaka_Complex Registered Users Posts: 2,132
    edited July 2019
    At this stage I don't think there is any information to judge whether if the XianBei, XiongNu or factions from non han cultures are available or playable in the game. So far we only got one trailer and there was nothing about cultures. Because we have't seen anything from CA that suggests anything close to culture packs for the eight princes, right now I'm gonna assume its a no.
  • markp27markp27 Registered Users Posts: 1,463
    edited July 2019

The "just don't use the exploit" argument holds no water. As long as such easy exploits exist (and this is not an exploit that requires a lot of finesse or skill to make work), playing the campaign normally means you are not playing it to the fullest but are holding back. This is unacceptable game design.

CA needs to remedy this.

So if a game has an exploit (every single one) and I don't use it I'm somehow not playing a game to it's "fullest" ? What lol
    Why should I bother playing the game "normally" when I can beat it in one turn without even doing anything out of the ordinary?

This says it all about your play style. This indicates you have no interest in the story, whereas some of us do and would of preferred something that directly linked to expanding the main story.
    mcar110 said:

ArneSo said:

A higher price doesn’t guarantee quality.

It’s the same price as the Yellow Turban Rebellion and that DLC is great!
    The price is enough for making an Yellow Turbans faction, but not enough for making an new campaign.
  • zerkmannzerkmann Registered Users Posts: 348
    edited July 2019
    markp27 said:

The "just don't use the exploit" argument holds no water. As long as such easy exploits exist (and this is not an exploit that requires a lot of finesse or skill to make work), playing the campaign normally means you are not playing it to the fullest but are holding back. This is unacceptable game design.

CA needs to remedy this.

So if a game has an exploit (every single one) and I don't use it I'm somehow not playing a game to it's "fullest" ? What lol
    Why should I bother playing the game "normally" when I can beat it in one turn without even doing anything out of the ordinary?

This says it all about your play style. This indicates you have no interest in the story, whereas some of us do and would of preferred something that directly linked to expanding the main story.
    Looks like it. He says that he's studied chinese history but he seems to show no interest in the story of RoTK when so much of it still left bank or unfinished. If this game was made by EA, it would get murdered for how lacking it is in features, but no it doesn't because the people here have a need to defend such a small, family owned company such as Creative Assembly.
  • Misaka_ComplexMisaka_Complex Registered Users Posts: 2,132
    Tayvar said:

The price is enough for making an Yellow Turbans faction, but not enough for making an new campaign.

Exactly, for the same price we see around 5-6 new models added for the yellow turbans faction with some yellow turban units and a separate tech tree. I doubt that the same price would be enough to make an entire campaign in another era.
  • BoombastekBoombastek Registered Users Posts: 2,048
    edited July 2019
    mcar110 said:

I think some reactions on these forums to the eight Princes announcement is overblown. We’ve only seen a trailer. I think it’s always best to pass judgement on these things until we’ve seen more of it. I reckon ( or at least I’m hoping) that it might surprise a few people.
    Your FLC suggestion is a good shout (something akin to when Bretonnia was released as a free race in WH1), but I think it’s more likely that the Xiongnu would form part of a Barbarian/nomadic factions dlc later down the line.

I think some new legendary characters for the main campaign is more likely as the FLC

Bretonia just wasn't ready to released game. That why it named as dlc, for real bretonia planned as basic faction. CA boses is just rush developers for faster release and pay back.

To OP flc race?
    No ofc, look at dlc 8 princes recolor and remodels. I had fear same would be to units. And ofc again miror match up every battle.

Rome 2 create new standarts, lot of races.

Warhammer only continue this standarts.

And what 3K big step back for no reason. I had hope CA will wake up. 2 race in game is not enough.

They not learn on their mistake. Again campaign map with only 1 race. Back to 2009.
  • punic soldierpunic soldier Registered Users Posts: 105
    edited July 2019
    a DLC of the remodeled bandits is necessary.
    this hastily made DLC does not contribute anything to the story and is not implemented to the main campaign.
  • WhiteHorseMemesWhiteHorseMemes Registered Users Posts: 331
    Somebody at another forum explained to me that they found data for the mass (the stat) of "baby elephants" and "adult elephants" in the game somewhere. Dunno if that's true or not, or if it has anything to do with the DLC.
  • BeardedragonBeardedragon Member Registered Users Posts: 1,433
    an entire culture pack as FLC?

yea right
  • Tchiko02Tchiko02 Senior Member Registered Users Posts: 134
    Best joke ever, it will just be a legendary char. I don't expect much