Welcome

Please register for Total War Access to use the forums. If you're an existing user, your forum details will be merged with Total War Access if you register with the same email or username. For more information please read our FAQ’s here.

Categories

CA's faction blog for Sima Wei wasn't even noticed on reddit

CK2BenchmarkCK2Benchmark Registered Users Posts: 358
It's been several hours after Sima Wei's blog post was posted, and neither official CA or a community member cared enough to post it on r/totalwar. In fact the only person who finally gave enough of a **** to do it was me. No offence, but when your biggest community doesn't even care enough to post it for discussion, then how much demand can there be for this DLC?

Comments

• Whiskeyjack_5691Whiskeyjack_5691 Registered Users Posts: 3,690
    I do not joke when I say this, but this must be the one and only time CA haven't posted something on their Reddit before posting it on their official forums.

Reddit didn't get the most attention today? Not going to generate a lot of sympathy or concern from the community members here, considering CA spends more time talking to people there than they do here.

Also, you've made your point, you don't like the DLC. No need to keep spamming threads to try and convince the rest of us.
  • CK2BenchmarkCK2Benchmark Registered Users Posts: 358

I do not joke when I say this, but this must be the one and only time CA haven't posted something on their Reddit before posting it on their official forums.

Reddit didn't get the most attention today? Not going to generate a lot of sympathy or concern from the community members here, considering CA spends more time talking to people there than they do here.

Also, you've made your point, you don't like the DLC. No need to keep spamming threads to try and convince the rest of us.

Nah, I've made my peace, but that doesn't mean I'm going to stop telling people who wrong they are. Everybody keeps telling me how hyped they are for this DLC, but I'm not seeing it. Even you admit posting it on this forum but not reddit is weird behavior from CA.

Nah, I've made my peace, but that doesn't mean I'm going to stop telling people who wrong they are. Everybody keeps telling me how hyped they are for this DLC, but I'm not seeing it. Even you admit posting it on this forum but not reddit is weird behavior from CA.
    Some people are excited for the DLC, but you feel the need to tell them they're "wrong" for enjoying something that you don't?

Yeah, best of luck with that one-man crusade, lad.
  • WhiteHorseMemesWhiteHorseMemes Registered Users Posts: 331
    I think Reddit is a total waste of time and they would be better off posting it on 4chan or just spreading the news online to media outlets. But that might just be me. I'm old fashioned.
  • Misaka_ComplexMisaka_Complex Registered Users Posts: 2,691
    edited July 2019
    The bigger question I have is why are CA staff more active on Reddit than they are on their own official forums, I mean shouldn't it be the opposite? I understand that Reddit has a bigger community but the total war forums here is actually something that is owned by CA, so aren't they supposed to communicate here more often than Reddit?

I think Reddit is a total waste of time and they would be better off posting it on 4chan or just spreading the news online to media outlets. But that might just be me. I'm old fashioned.

I might be wrong but I think that its because Reddit is more "moderated" than 4 Chan. 4 Chan doesn't really have much rules while Reddit has a lot more censorship with people getting banned a lot more often, personally I like 4 Chan a lot better but I barely post on either site. Actually is there even a 3k section on 4 Chan?
  • ArneSoArneSo Registered Users Posts: 10,340
    Threads like this are good because maybe CA will finally realise that most players don’t like stand alone campaign DLCs. The majority wants additional content for the base game... don’t waste resources for unnecessary DLCs like that.
  • twwatchertwwatcher Registered Users Posts: 2,387
    Biggest community is Facebook in terms of sheer numbers was posted there and twitter. Quite a few likes !!!!

This sort of content is aimed at the mobile fraternity.
  • davedave1124davedave1124 Senior Member Registered Users Posts: 8,653
    tbf the original DLC release on Reddit was very popular. Steam sales look high even though we know little about it. This seems like fabricated concern to me.
    edited July 2019

The bigger question I have is why are CA staff more active on Reddit than they are on their own official forums, I mean shouldn't it be the opposite? I understand that Reddit has a bigger community but the total war forums here is actually something that is owned by CA, so aren't they supposed to communicate here more often than Reddit?

Lord only knows, but it's been like that for years. The unofficial Reddit page is often a better place to get information then the official forums. It's backwards.

Prime example;
    In the weeks leading up to 3K's release, there was a lot more traffic on the forums, and people were making threads asking questions about gameplay. Simple stuff that should have been easy to answer, like "When will we know more about unit rosters?", "How do vassals work differently from previous games?", "How do bodyguards in Records mode work?". All these fairly simple questions being asked, but nobody from CA is answering.

Then, one day, CA hosts an AMA (Ask Me Anything), where people can ask the devs questions directly and the devs will respond and answer your comments and questions, within reason.
    But the AMA was hosted on Reddit, and they only answered questions from Reddit. And not only was it hosted on Reddit, there was no word on the official forums to say there was an AMA happening, and by the time the forums learned about it, the AMA was over.

And not only that, but the answers to the AMA were never actually posted on the forums. So, weeks later, people were still asking questions on the forums that had been answered in the AMA on Reddit, but nobody from CA is answering those questions or telling people about the AMA.

🤷‍♂️
    Post edited by Whiskeyjack_5691 on
  • Warlord_Lu_BuWarlord_Lu_Bu Registered Users Posts: 2,375
    Reddit...? is that yet another social media thing? just stick to the damn forums men... it's all you need.
    "I am the punishment of Tengri, if you had not sinned, he would not have sent me against you." - Chenghis Khan Temujin
    Anyway, they probably just forgot to post it on the Reddit is all. It happens, no big deal. It's not indicative of a "lack of hype".
  • RewanRewan Senior Member Registered Users Posts: 3,192
    edited July 2019
    Didn't reddit kinda fall out of Grace lately ?

(I'm sorry, I will show myself out)
    TW : Three Kingdoms. Units not running in battles ? You probably came down to a bad case of floor is caltrops. Use this miraculous cure to make your soldiers hoppity happy again : https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=2132907090
  • KrunchKrunch Junior Member Registered Users Posts: 4,277
    The trailer was also one of the most upvoted trailers on reddit. But you will ignore that because it doesn't fit your narrative.
  • markp27markp27 Registered Users Posts: 1,531

I might be wrong but I think that its because Reddit is more "moderated" than 4 Chan. 4 Chan doesn't really have much rules while Reddit has a lot more censorship with people getting banned a lot more often, personally I like 4 Chan a lot better but I barely post on either site. Actually is there even a 3k section on 4 Chan?
    It comes down to CA trying to save themselves money and time on DLC content. Most modders are on reddit and therefore CA developers need to be there. To collect ideas and use the mods they created, for DLC's.
  • ScratcH1ScratcH1 Registered Users Posts: 173
    edited July 2019
    ArneSo said:

Threads like this are good because maybe CA will finally realise that most players don’t like stand alone campaign DLCs. The majority wants additional content for the base game... don’t waste resources for unnecessary DLCs like that.

How do you know if the majority likes this DLC or not? Just because some people make threads on the official forum in which they express their disappointment with this DLC doesn't make it the majority. It's like a deja-vu back when people tried to convince others that 3K is going to sell poorly because some people claimed that the majority doesn't like the setting etc... we all know how that turned out.
  • RikisRikis Registered Users Posts: 1,289
    ScratcH1 said:

ArneSo said:

How do you know if the majority likes this DLC or not? Just because some people make threads on the official forum in which they express their disappointment with this DLC doesn't make it the majority. It's like a deja-vu back when people tried to convince others that 3K is going to sell poorly because some people claimed that the majority doesn't like the setting etc... we all know how that turned out.
    Now imagine the same thing happening with almost every warhammer DLC. Some still hold a major grudge against the vampire coasts.

Na matter what they announce, there will always be a handful that will spam the forums with how it will fail.
  • kweassa1kweassa1 Registered Users Posts: 728
    Like said, just put the guy on ignore. Endless spam of complaints and whines for a product that's not even out yet. Not worth engaging.

"The best of what the age of internet has to offer." **snorts**
  • dge1dge1 Moderator Arkansas, USARegistered Users, Moderators, Knights Posts: 20,068
    Let's avoid making personal remarks about other members and their opinion, when they differ from yours. Stick with discussing the thread topic and not each other.
    "The two most common things in the universe are Hydrogen and Stupidity." - Harlan Ellison
    "The right to be heard does not automatically include the right to be taken seriously." - Hubert H. Humphrey
    "Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.” - George Carlin/Mark Twain
  • epic_159732489858zE2g60qepic_159732489858zE2g60q Senior Member Registered Users Posts: 3,313

There were times where CA devs posted alot more at TWcenter than the official forum. Maybe time has changed now where Reddit is no longer the go to place for TW3K related stuff?
  • Misaka_ComplexMisaka_Complex Registered Users Posts: 2,691
    I mean then what's the point of the official forums when they put most of their communication efforts to Reddit and barely communicate with people here? Sure Reddit is great and all that because modders are there and stuff but really shouldn't they put more efforts into communicating on their own forums since people actually bothered to sign up for CA's forums here while basically anyone with a Reddit account can post on Reddit?
  • AxlswhkAxlswhk Registered Users Posts: 216
    I don’t have a reddit account.

My suggestion to CA moderator, please feel free to delete my account here if you guys do not bother to maintain any kind of rapport or communication at your “home” forum.
  • ArneSoArneSo Registered Users Posts: 10,340
    It’s important for CA to communicate with different target groups on different channels. So this forum is for the die Hard Core Fans while reddit is more for a larger group of people including lots of Modders. So I think it’s important that CA is active on both chanells. And even YouTube and FB, instagram or Twitter are still important to get the attention of new potential customers, as well as casual players.
    In the digital era we are all living, good communication is the key to good marketing. It’s the easiest way for CA to understand the different customer demands and optimise the product in the right direction.
    But this forum should be prioritised.
    dge1 said:

Let's avoid making personal remarks about other members and their opinion, when they differ from yours. Stick with discussing the thread topic and not each other.

Isn't that the actual topic of the thread? OP trying to convince people that they're wrong for enjoying something that he doesn't?
  • iriyasiriyas Registered Users Posts: 59
    poh you again :D