Welcome

Please register for Total War Access to use the forums. If you're an existing user, your forum details will be merged with Total War Access if you register with the same email or username. For more information please read our FAQ’s here.

Categories

if a garrison has no hero does the lead unit mean anything?

davidbrake@gmail.com[email protected] Posts: 3Registered Users
Seems the game will assign a "leader" unit whether or not one side actually has a leader. Does that unit have any in-game significance though? Eg if you kill/rout that unit does it affect that side's morale? Does it have a leadership bonus aura?

Comments

• PancakesPancakes Posts: 374Registered Users
    The first unit becomes the general, it has a smaller leadership aura then a general or hero but it has one, and if that unit dies your army will get the general has died debuff.
    So it's a good idea to keep the unit alive
  • CrajohCrajoh Member Posts: 1,335Registered Users
    do the VC crumble if this 'general' unit is destroyed?
    Live your life and try to do no harm.

"I disapprove of what you say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it." Evelyn Beatrice Hall
  • NyumusNyumus Posts: 46Registered Users
    Crajoh said:

do the VC crumble if this 'general' unit is destroyed?

They don't crumble instantly when their general crumble even if their general is Lord. It just make it easier to happen, and the same applies to garrisson armies.
  • CrajohCrajoh Member Posts: 1,335Registered Users
    Cheers
    Live your life and try to do no harm.

"I disapprove of what you say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it." Evelyn Beatrice Hall
  • Iron00Iron00 Junior Member Posts: 89Registered Users
    They still have garrisons without a general in the vanilla game? Feels so wrong to have a Warhammer army without a single character for a general.
  • blaatblaat Junior Member Posts: 2,956Registered Users
    Iron00 said:

They still have garrisons without a general in the vanilla game? Feels so wrong to have a Warhammer army without a single character for a general.

on earlier levels yes later on heroes get added

snip

It's much easier and more fun to get engrossed in lore that takes itself seriously and tries to make sense within its own frame of reference.

the reason I prefer LOTR over warhammer fantasy and 40k

I am dutch so if you like to have a talk in dutch shoot me a PM :)