Welcome

Please register for Total War Access to use the forums. If you're an existing user, your forum details will be merged with Total War Access if you register with the same email or username. For more information please read our FAQ’s here.

Categories

(Glitch) Force 6 Generals in ranked battle and balance issue in any battle mode

kill_kinglionkill_kinglion Junior MemberRegistered Users Posts: 3
edited June 2019 in Multiplayer Bugs
This issue exist for a month already and I still see people doing this.

Please read it slowly. In ranked battle, there can only be 3 generals but you can force 6 generals into the ranked game by following this instruction. This glitch is on a famous video in Youtube as well but no fix yet. This thread has been shown for almost a month and it was ignored by saying "CA CAN'T CONTROL" wtf ??
https://forums.totalwar.com/discussion/244473/multiplayer-cheating-멀티에서-장군6명-데려오는-버그

One more thing about the game balancing here:
I was one of the top rank in Shogun 2 Total war (and top 2% DotA2) and I can say.

Generals are too powerful in 3K causing the army to be just a tank and the meta comes out to be all the same. Heres the ideas of how almost every multiplayer game go ->
Xu Chu rekting any generals, Sima Yi silencing the map, no need Lubu as you can have 2 Xu Chu to rekt 3 Lubu anyway, and etc... There is no reason not to have 1-2 Xu Chu in your army. This needs some improvement otherwise the ranked game is so dull with no army strategy at all. Many ranked players also reported the same as can normally be found in Youtube videos. Btw, this also applies to single player battle as well.

If balancing is too difficult, at least increase the price of all OP heroes or reduce all their strength.

Thanks and good luck. Love the game and hope CA fix this soon.

Best,

Comments

• IMpracticalLYIMpracticalLY Registered Users Posts: 53
    Hey bro I've linked the exact same thread multiple times and no response. Funny, I even provided that same thread to the moderator dge1 who closed the discussion. He said he would be happy to respond if I provided the link to the thread (which I already had). I provided it again in a new message and was ignored, haven't heard anything from him since. There're just silencing any potential reputation damage they may get. This game is "critically acclaimed" so they have to keep any negativity at bay. Campaign is rife with bugs and Multiplayer/Ranked battles are an absolute joke. Paid $89 for this.
  • Josh_CAJosh_CA Registered Users, CA Staff Posts: 44
    That glitch will be fixed next patch.

I'll pass on your feedback about multiplayer balance, thank you.
  • kill_kinglionkill_kinglion Junior Member Registered Users Posts: 3
    Thank you IMpracticalLY for pushing this thread up and now moderator can view and big thanks to Josh_CA for having the right treatment and letting us know about the fix.

Btw, this youtube video is truly accurate. Please have a look:

I cannot believe this popular problem took more than a month to be known and fixed due to the lack of responsibility by the guy moderator named "dge1" who close all those problem reporting thread without even reading the details. I believe if this guy still remain in your organisation, more things will happen not only on just community side.

Thanks once again for the wonderful game. We still expect it to be better.
  • BillyRuffian#6250BillyRuffian#6250 Moderator UKRegistered Users, Moderators, Knights Posts: 40,841
    edited July 2019

Thank you IMpracticalLY for pushing this thread up and now moderator can view and big thanks to Josh_CA for having the right treatment and letting us know about the fix.

I cannot believe this popular problem took more than a month to be known and fixed due to the lack of responsibility by the guy moderator named "dge1" who close all those problem reporting thread without even reading the details. I believe if this guy still remain in your organisation, more things will happen not only on just community side.

Just to clarify a couple of points. Moderators are community members not CA staff, CA staff can read closed threads as easily as open ones, and the devs were already aware of the issue before any threads were closed anyway.

On top of that, as far as I'm aware only one thread was closed while there were several other posts about the issue still open.

P.S. You might want to re-read the forum terms and conditions, particularly these sections:

1.3 Commenting on a decision/action made by a volunteer moderator or CA staff member is not allowed .
    1.4 All decisions by staff are final. If you have a genuine question about an action you may ask the staff member who took the action, although they are not required to respond. If you have a question that remains unanswered, please PM an Administrator.
    Post edited by BillyRuffian#6250 on

"He uses statistics as a drunken man uses lamp-posts - for support rather than illumination." (Andrew Lang)

|Takeda| Yokota Takatoshi

Forum Terms and Conditions: - https://forums.totalwar.com/discussion/172193/forum-terms-and-conditions#latest

"We wunt be druv". iot6pc7dn8qs.png
  • IMpracticalLYIMpracticalLY Registered Users Posts: 53

Just to clarify a couple of points. Moderators are community members not CA staff, CA staff can read closed threads as easily as open ones, and the devs were already aware of the issue before any threads were closed anyway.

On top of that, as far as I'm aware only one thread was closed while there were several other posts about the issue still open.

P.S. You might want to re-read the forum terms and conditions, particularly these sections:

1.3 Commenting on a decision/action made by a volunteer moderator or CA staff member is not allowed .
    1.4 All decisions by staff are final. If you have a genuine question about an action you may ask the staff member who took the action, although they are not required to respond. If you have a question that remains unanswered, please PM an Administrator.
    Lol, I'll take a side of veiled threats with my censoring thank you. Close the non-english speakers discussion by all means, a picture(s) paints a thousand words. Screenshotted for later lulz.
  • kill_kinglionkill_kinglion Junior Member Registered Users Posts: 3
    It's all right bro.

Thanks for letting me know about my comment that broke one rule which is true actually.
    I just cannot handle the way it was done where someone reporting the glitch but was closed by saying "not what CA can help" which is clear that the guy didn't even read and I really afraid that it is not reported.

Anyway, we all know everything about my issue with Ranked game and multiplayer balance were finally reported to the responsible stuffs. I am happy with it (and so we all) and happy to have this thread closed now.

After the fix in balance and this glitch, I hope the online community will rise like Shogun 2 Total War again.

Goodluck everyone.