Welcome

Please register for Total War Access to use the forums. If you're an existing user, your forum details will be merged with Total War Access if you register with the same email or username. For more information please read our FAQ’s here.

Categories

Is September when they will announce the LP or release date?

Theo91Theo91 Posts: 1,011Registered Users
As title suggests

Comments

• SiWISiWI Senior Member Posts: 10,381Registered Users
    release date. as planed of course
    Ratling_Guns.gif?t=1554385892
  • Theo91Theo91 Posts: 1,011Registered Users
    So they might announce and start marketing the LP end of July?
  • SiWISiWI Senior Member Posts: 10,381Registered Users
    Theo91 said:

So they might announce and start marketing the LP end of July?

unlikely

LP have around 2 weeks of Advertisement if memory serves right.

maybe end of august
    Ratling_Guns.gif?t=1554385892
  • TalmoreanTalmorean Posts: 1,434Registered Users
    From me on Reddit:

• _Mad_D0c__Mad_D0c_ Posts: 939Registered Users
    edited July 17
    Could be announcement and release in september.

And they said "no news till september" so announcement not before.
  • misunderstoodvampiremisunderstoodvampire Posts: 748Registered Users
    August is going to be such a drag. Hopefully both in a September but I would be surprised if announced in September and released in October
  • FinishingLastFinishingLast Posts: 4,136Registered Users
    Was hoping for August myself, but oh well. I still remember the arguments I had with people who said it would be coming out at the end of June.
    Later
  • Bonutz619Bonutz619 Posts: 1,025Registered Users
    Release in September. James from CA confirmed.
  • Theo91Theo91 Posts: 1,011Registered Users

Was hoping for August myself, but oh well. I still remember the arguments I had with people who said it would be coming out at the end of June.

I also though we’d be getting something much sooner than September.

It seems that the success of 3k is delaying things for twwh2. Tbh I’m surprised, I thought CA would just hire more staff and cash in on both of them at the same time
  • _Mad_D0c__Mad_D0c_ Posts: 939Registered Users
    Theo91 said:

It seems that the success of 3k is delaying things for twwh2. Tbh I’m surprised, I thought CA would just hire more staff and cash in on both of them at the same time
    Maybe its worth the time because faction rework is bigger and some old friends are a bunch of LH/LL.
  • Vanilla_GorillaVanilla_Gorilla Posts: 16,864Registered Users
    Theo91 said:

September was always likely. They did the Beta patch for the last DLC then presumably started work proper on this DLC. September is 4 months after that patch. That's roughly the same amount of time they worked on P&W.
    Game 3 must have variety in its core races. Ogres, Chaos Dwarfs, Kislev, and Demons of Chaos in its full iconic, glorious, undivided glory.
  • Vanilla_GorillaVanilla_Gorilla Posts: 16,864Registered Users
    Late August they'll probably do what they did with P&W and tell us when the announcement isn't happening. It could be any time between late august and 17th of September.
    Game 3 must have variety in its core races. Ogres, Chaos Dwarfs, Kislev, and Demons of Chaos in its full iconic, glorious, undivided glory.
  • Bonutz619Bonutz619 Posts: 1,025Registered Users
    Theo91 said:

It's been the same DLC schedule of 5 months per DLC. It's on par with every other DLC release. 3K isn't affecting anything.
  • TalmoreanTalmorean Posts: 1,434Registered Users
    Theo91 said:

WH2 DLC has been about every 5 1/2 - 6 months pretty standard.

I honestly think they wanted it closer together, but ME and Norsca kerfufflery delayed so much that CA reevaluated their time tables.

And it gives WH3 more development time. Perhaps the Norsca issue and the coding messed up more than we know, and behind the scenes the 3rd game was delayed so they spaced out DLC in the mean time (All speculation)
  • hendo1592hendo1592 Posts: 1,583Registered Users
    edited July 17
    It’s probably going to be announced in September and as long as nothing changes it’s been confirmed to be released in September—I’d guess September 26.
  • FinishingLastFinishingLast Posts: 4,136Registered Users
    Talmorean said:

Theo91 said:

WH2 DLC has been about every 5 1/2 - 6 months pretty standard.

I honestly think they wanted it closer together, but ME and Norsca kerfufflery delayed so much that CA reevaluated their time tables.

And it gives WH3 more development time. Perhaps the Norsca issue and the coding messed up more than we know, and behind the scenes the 3rd game was delayed so they spaced out DLC in the mean time (All speculation)
    They also said in their FAQ after the Norsca issue that they would be spacing out the DLC longer not only for increased complexity, quality, and balancing, but also due to Steam review complaints of too much DLC. Once you throw in that possible BS excuse then you really can't say how long each release will be because even if you can accurately predict how much/how long the work will be that doesn't take into the account that they may artificially extend the release date to appease mysterious steam reviewers, to ensure it doesn't coincide with any possible other thing the marketing department wants to market, or for just any other reason they decide.

I think that's why the speculation of relating exact work hours to release date is not going to help anyone. As you said, they've pretty much set a schedule for themselves and seem to happily be sticking to it.
    Later
  • GoatforceGoatforce Posts: 3,272Registered Users
    Perhaps an announce a month after 3k DLC release, and a release mid September. They might announce the everchosen a few days before reveal too.

Hopefully it will not be released in October, the waits are a drag, especially with this LP being a mystery
  • hendo1592hendo1592 Posts: 1,583Registered Users
    Goatforce said:

Perhaps an announce a month after 3k DLC release, and a release mid September. They might announce the everchosen a few days before reveal too.

Hopefully it will not be released in October, the waits are a drag, especially with this LP being a mystery

Ca already confirmed dlc dropping September
  • AzurianAzurian Posts: 824Registered Users
    We have Thursday is the day of news and releases. If I'm not confusing anything, then on August 8th, the release of the add-on for the Three Kingdoms. August 8th is just Thursday. I think the announcement of the addition is possible around August 15 or 22, and the supplement itself will be released in the middle and maybe early September, if the plans were for the end of September, they would not say that now. And Grace said that they decided to give us information a month before, and not to keep us in the dark.