Welcome

Please register for Total War Access to use the forums. If you're an existing user, your forum details will be merged with Total War Access if you register with the same email or username. For more information please read our FAQ’s here.

Categories

Old Friends already in the game?

Aram_theheadAram_thehead Posts: 408Registered Users
Could the old friends be Boris, the Red Duke and Sarthorael?
Both chaos and empire could benefit from a rework. Chaos might have a big one in game 3, so their rework might be limited to an horde growth tweak right now. Vampire Counts hardly need anything. Empire definitely needs something big.

Comments

• Theo91Theo91 Posts: 830Registered Users
    Not a bad shout
  • crazycakemancrazycakeman Posts: 144Registered Users
    I'm 99% certain it will be these two lords. And everyone is going to get upset that CA isnt going to release any of the outlandish claims if jabboslyths and Gotrek and felix for free... we just all need to pump the breaks on the hype train a little bit
  • DestinDestin Junior Member Posts: 183Registered Users
    My bet would be on Boris and the Red Duke, or possibly Gotrek and Felix since if they have already added 1 real LH with Kroak why not more? I don't see "Some Old Friends" ending up being some units.

But I do hope when we see Boris and the Duke it will be with some unique Cult of Ulric units aswell as some unique undead bretonnia unit(s).

But if it ends up being either those 2 or Gotrek and Felix surely the next old race rework is going to be Empire?
    My Campaigns
    Older Games (Rome II, Attila)
    Rome II: Campaigns Completed
    Epirus - Normal
    Selucid - Normal/Very Hard
    Macedon - Hard
    Rome(Junia) - Hard
    Pergamon - Legendary
    Sparta - Lengedary
    Ardiaei - Legendary
    (WoS)Boiotian League - Very Hard

Rome(Cornelia) - Hard

Attila: Campaigns Completed
    The Geats - Normal (Minor)
    The Tanukhids - Normal (Minor)
    (AoC)Kingdom of the Lombards - Hard (Short)
    (AoC)Westphelia - Hard (Short)
    Ebdanians - Hard(-) (Minor)
    Warhammer I
    Warhammer I: Campaigns Completed
    Greenskins - Normal (Long)
    The Empire - Hard (Long)
    Vampire Counts - Hard (Short), Very Hard (Short)
    Crooked Moon - Normal (Long)
    The Bloody Handz - Very Hard (Short)
    Beastmen - Very Hard (Short)
    (EfaE)Beastmen - Very Hard (Short)
    Warriors of Chaos - Very Hard (Short)
    Wood Elves - Very Hard
    (SotR)Argwylon - Very Hard
    Clan Angrund - Very Hard (Short)
    Bretonnia - Legendary
    Wintertooth - Hard (The Crow)
    Warhammer II:
    Vortex Campaigs Completed:
    Hexoatl - Hard
    Followers of Nagash - Very Hard
    Lothern - Very Hard
    Naggarond - Very Hard
    The Dreadfleet - Very Hard
    Har Ganeth - Legendary
    Clan Skryre - Very Hard

Mortal Empires Campaigns Completed:
    Court of Lybaras - Very Hard (Long)
    Beastmen (Malagor) - Very Hard (Short)
    Nagarythe - Very Hard (Long)

Three Kingdoms:
    Sun Jian (Wu) - Normal
    Ma Teng (Liang) - Hard

Eight Princes:
    Sima Jiong - Hard (Regent)
  • EliacTheEmeraldTeethEliacTheEmeraldTeeth Posts: 387Registered Users
    Destin said:

My bet would be on Boris and the Red Duke, or possibly Gotrek and Felix since if they have already added 1 real LH with Kroak why not more? I don't see "Some Old Friends" ending up being some units.

But I do hope when we see Boris and the Duke it will be with some unique Cult of Ulric units aswell as some unique undead bretonnia unit(s).

But if it ends up being either those 2 or Gotrek and Felix surely the next old race rework is going to be Empire?

Why i constantly keep seeing people wanting G&F? They do not fit in TW. At all. They're not leaders, not bound to any race nor kingdom. It's like wanting Council of Thirteen as LL's. They were never meant to be
    I assure you, we are very real. And we have come for you and your realm.
  • neodeinosneodeinos Posts: 718Registered Users
    edited July 18

Destin said:

Why i constantly keep seeing people wanting G&F? They do not fit in TW. At all. They're not leaders, not bound to any race nor kingdom. It's like wanting Council of Thirteen as LL's. They were never meant to be
    Because they are popular thanks to their books or a youtuber saying that they are iconic (most likely the altter). That's it.
    They could work as Legendary Heroes though but I don't see a point adding them without DoW.
  • GoatforceGoatforce Posts: 2,441Registered Users
    Hadn't thought of Sarthorial, but yeah I agree Duke and Boris seem likely to me.
  • SakuraHeinzSakuraHeinz Junior Member Posts: 1,943Registered Users

Destin said:

This is actually half true council thirteens Nurglitch was playable.

• John_KimbleJohn_Kimble Posts: 335Registered Users
    edited July 18

Destin said:

This is actually half true council thirteens Nurglitch was playable.

Well technically it's not half true, it's 1/13th true.
  • CrossilCrossil Posts: 3,504Registered Users
    edited July 18

Destin said:

Not as LLs, as LHs. Potentially to more races than one.
    UNLEASH THE EVERCHARIOT
  • mightygloinmightygloin Posts: 1,012Registered Users
    Ludwig & Kurt are also old bros with even some rivalry added to it.
  • zinsncabszinsncabs Posts: 505Registered Users

Could the old friends be Boris, the Red Duke and Sarthorael?
    Both chaos and empire could benefit from a rework. Chaos might have a big one in game 3, so their rework might be limited to an horde growth tweak right now. Vampire Counts hardly need anything. Empire definitely needs something big.

Pfft - surely it’s Surtha Ek!!!! ;)

TEARS FOR THE SALT GOD !!! MODS FOR THE BUTHURT !!!
  • VildvargVildvarg Posts: 108Registered Users
    Maybe it's Vashnaar since he's already so fond of kicking open your door, raiding your fridge, then passing out on your couch.
  • BaronRodneyBaronRodney Posts: 462Registered Users
    If history has taught us one thing it's that we should never assume Boris is our old friend...
  • CrossilCrossil Posts: 3,504Registered Users

If history has taught us one thing it's that we should never assume Boris is our old friend...

So... if an FLC says "A New Friend" then we would be justified in calling out Boris?
    UNLEASH THE EVERCHARIOT
  • goliath55goliath55 Posts: 289Registered Users
    As cool as it would be for it to be Boris, I'd be kinda bummed without Knights of the White Wolf, Huntsmen, Teutogen guard etc.
  • BaronRodneyBaronRodney Posts: 462Registered Users
    Crossil said:

So... if an FLC says "A New Friend" then we would be justified in calling out Boris?
    Sadly I just don't think the man himself wants to be our friend, no matter how much we push
  • Grom_the_PaunchGrom_the_Paunch Posts: 1,088Registered Users

What if history taught CA that "old friends" need to be Borises to avoid fanbase ire? Yes the Red Duke is another Boris.

Boris; noun, singular; A Legendary Lord locked away behind an unplayable faction.
  • endurendur Posts: 2,986Registered Users
    Neither Red Duke nor Boris counts as a friend.

I think it has to be Gotrek and Felix.

• Arthas_MenethilArthas_Menethil Senior Member Posts: 4,909Registered Users
    endur said:

TBH the "friend" part doesn't really matter. As Kemmler doesn't talk of Krell as friend. So it can just about any two people like the Sisters of Twilight, Ludwig and Kurt, Boris and the Red Duke (unfinished LLs) or Neferata and her handmaidens.
    So...the Light's vaunted justice has finally arrived. Shall I lay down Frostmourne and throw myself at your mercy, Fordring?

• SteelRoninSteelRonin Junior Member ChilePosts: 586Registered Users
    endur said:

Old friends to us.....not friends between them....
  • _Mad_D0c__Mad_D0c_ Posts: 535Registered Users
    Maybe the old friends are stone and river trolls.
  • Combat_WombatCombat_Wombat Posts: 4,092Registered Users
    The Red Duke becoming a full fledged LL angers me more than it probably should. Vampires... They just can't escape CA's overwhelming love.
  • Aram_theheadAram_thehead Posts: 408Registered Users
    @Combat_Wombat I think it comes down to the fact that their first DLC lord was Ghorst. If they added the Red Duke first instead of Ghorst, everyone would be fine. Now they have this "+1" in the lord count that actually doesn't add anything valuable to them lol
    I would welcome the Red Duke, because blood knights are my favourite unit in the VC roster.
  • uriakuriak Posts: 3,390Registered Users
    Besides having a different start he wouldn't be that special. If it hadn't been Ghost, we'd have another vampre, starting at the same place (since by the time of G&G there was no subfactions) Ghorst was chosen to let player go with a more humble lord with the fantasy of playing the endless zombie/squel horde rather than the apex powerhouse Mannfred is.

Yeah, Kemmler should have taken that mantle but his skills were still rather underwhelming at this stage.

Don't tell me people only want to play warhammer badasses, because it's very clear many people love to play the underdogs in TW.
  • MarkerMarker Posts: 680Registered Users

I'm 99% certain it will be these two lords. And everyone is going to get upset that CA isnt going to release any of the outlandish claims if jabboslyths and Gotrek and felix for free... we just all need to pump the breaks on the hype train a little bit

Gotrek and Felix are Dogs of War based, as far as I know, they would be in TWW3 as Summonable Heroes I guess since they need to be together to make the most of it or not at all.

The Red Duke becoming a full fledged LL angers me more than it probably should. Vampires... They just can't escape CA's overwhelming love.

hahaha! look at the bright side, all factions have the possibility now for 6 Legendary Lords, now drool on that thought and make a wishlist!

Ludwig & Kurt are also old bros with even some rivalry added to it.

I think it will be them, then the whole Sudenburg makes sense and u have another Legendary Hero body guard for the Empire.
    endur said:

Gotrek and Felix are Dogs of War based, as far as I know, they would be in TWW3 as Summonable Heroes I guess since they need to be together to make the most of it or not at all.
  • BRiiTASH2BRiiTASH2 Posts: 339Registered Users
    Old freinds are obviously the Truthsayers of Albion, who in ancient times were allied with the High Elves during the first Chaos invasion, before erecting the Ogham Stones to help stabalize the Great Vortex.