Welcome

Please register for Total War Access to use the forums. If you're an existing user, your forum details will be merged with Total War Access if you register with the same email or username. For more information please read our FAQ’s here.

Categories

The next total war game

Oilcountry2209Oilcountry2209 Posts: 4Registered Users
Hey guys I am a bit new with forums and total war in general but i have a few questions. is their any dlc scheduled for thrones of Britannia? After three kingdoms what is the next game they have planned? and last question is does anyone know about when total war war hammer 3 will be released?
Tagged:

Comments

• FungusHoundFungusHound Posts: 2,120Registered Users
    Not as far as I know.

We don't know.

We don't know.

Also this probably isn't the best section to post this since it isn't specifically about Warhammer. Cheers, and welcome.
  • AIMA_DracklorAIMA_Dracklor Posts: 4,310Registered Users
    I dont think they will do DLC for ToB, the next game after 3k is pretty much sure to be warhammer 3. Tough we think it will release somewhere early or summer 2020.

Welcome to the forums !

• GCRustGCRust Posts: 604Registered Users
    edited March 22
    [ignore, repeat]
    Post edited by GCRust on
    Thrones of Britannia won't be seeing any DLC, sad to say. The numbers are harsh and do not lie. Currently on Steam:

Thrones of Britannia: 937
    Warhammer II; 14,679
    Warhammer: 1,750
    Rome II: 4,897
    Shogun 2: 2,392
    Attila: 1,788
    Medieval II: 2,944
    Empire: 2,131
    Napoleon: 969
    Rome: 1,133

As for the next game after Three Kingdoms, I think it's safe to assume it will be Warhammer III, but if you're asking what the next historical title might be that's anyone's guess.

As for when Warhammer III will be releasing...I'd not expect it any time soon. I figure late 2021, early 2022 at the earliest. Mostly because there's going to be a year of major development time devoted to Three Kingdoms and other Warhammer II DLC and going off official comments that pre-production is only just recently getting underway.
  • CrajohCrajoh Member Posts: 1,388Registered Users
    Yea but what about next fantasy title. Hyborian realms would be cool
    Live your life and try to do no harm.

"I disapprove of what you say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it." Evelyn Beatrice Hall
  • MarkerMarker Posts: 759Registered Users
    edited March 22

Hey guys I am a bit new with forums and total war in general but i have a few questions. is their any dlc scheduled for thrones of Britannia? After three kingdoms what is the next game they have planned? and last question is does anyone know about when total war war hammer 3 will be released?

There is a Thrones of Britannia Forum, please ask your questions about that TW game there.

Your second Question is probably The end of 2019 or in 2020. Total War Warhammer 2 is not finished yet and even WH1 or '' Mortal empire '' Map has some things to do. and will be seeing DLC's such as updating old races, Lord and Unit packs and maby another Race pack.
  • RikRiorikRikRiorik Posts: 5,864Registered Users
    TWW3. Seemingly not having gone into proper pre production yet is some way off methinks. But who knows?
    Lord of the Undermountain
    Favourite campaigns: Clan Angrund, Followers of Nagash and the new Huntsmarshall’s Expedition
  • AIMA_DracklorAIMA_Dracklor Posts: 4,310Registered Users
    GCRust said:

Thrones of Britannia won't be seeing any DLC, sad to say. The numbers are harsh and do not lie. Currently on Steam:

Thrones of Britannia: 937
    Warhammer II; 14,679
    Warhammer: 1,750
    Rome II: 4,897
    Shogun 2: 2,392
    Attila: 1,788
    Medieval II: 2,944
    Empire: 2,131
    Napoleon: 969
    Rome: 1,133

As for the next game after Three Kingdoms, I think it's safe to assume it will be Warhammer III, but if you're asking what the next historical title might be that's anyone's guess.

As for when Warhammer III will be releasing...I'd not expect it any time soon. I figure late 2021, early 2022 at the earliest. Mostly because there's going to be a year of major development time devoted to Three Kingdoms and other Warhammer II DLC and going off official comments that pre-production is only just recently getting underway.

I highly doupt 2021, warhammer 2 will maybe have 2 more DLCs at best putting this early 2020 and CA has release thrones of britania only of couple of months after warhammer 2 release, so they dont need to way over a year and a half after release to release a new game, especially since its been a year and a half since wh2 launch.

• SiWISiWI Senior Member Posts: 10,137Registered Users
    ToB will maybe get DLC maybe not.

The next game after 3K is Warhammer 3.

The next historical is unknow (probably even to CA)
    Ratling_Guns.gif?t=1554385892
  • HoneyBunHoneyBun Senior Member Posts: 4,393Registered Users
    We could end up with a 3K flop forcing an early WH3 release ...

which will only hurt WH3

They are making an FPS. Who knew a company could have a mid-life crisis ...

HoneyBun said:

which will only hurt WH3

They way the game is shaping up I think it looks great though. Without the lure of all those different Warhammer units of course that makes the Warhammer battles a lot more interesting. Also I don’t know if those different 3K lords are interesting and diverse enough when compared to TWW lords to conjure up that special affection for a certain faction.

I hope 3K does very well. I’ve done a 180 and am getting it. Not sure if it is going to be interesting enough to get any DLC for it though for the reasons mentioned above.
    Favourite campaigns: Clan Angrund, Followers of Nagash and the new Huntsmarshall’s Expedition
  • PatriksevePatrikseve Member Posts: 1,588Registered Users
    There will be a new Saga game soon or rather sometime and then theres Warhammer 3 I think these two titles will be next before any new main itteration.

• HoneyBunHoneyBun Senior Member Posts: 4,393Registered Users
    RikRiorik said:

HoneyBun said:

which will only hurt WH3

They way the game is shaping up I think it looks great though. Without the lure of all those different Warhammer units of course that makes the Warhammer battles a lot more interesting. Also I don’t know if those different 3K lords are interesting and diverse enough when compared to TWW lords to conjure up that special affection for a certain faction.

I hope 3K does very well. I’ve done a 180 and am getting it. Not sure if it is going to be interesting enough to get any DLC for it though for the reasons mentioned above.
    Interesting to hear you say that. I might try to take a look at it.

But ToB *really* made me think historicals will all just feel flat now

They are making an FPS. Who knew a company could have a mid-life crisis ...

edited March 22
    HoneyBun said:

RikRiorik said:

HoneyBun said:

which will only hurt WH3

Interesting to hear you say that. I might try to take a look at it.

But ToB *really* made me think historicals will all just feel flat now
    It’s mainly the army support, diplomacy and general campaign map play that has me interested. Battles of course lack the kind of units and magic we see in Warhammer and the larger than life characters. But I’ve also never played a historical TW so it’ll be interesting to just see a different side of Total War.

I do think 3K is the perfect historical for me to try. It has a bit of RP to it, I generally like China and the game seems to just have that little less pure history feel to it. I won’t say is is fantastical but it definetly feels a bit more so than other TW titles which is a draw.
  • ValkaarValkaar Junior Member Posts: 1,746Registered Users
    I have no idea what they’ll do for the next Saga title....but after Warhammer 3 is done, I definitely think it’s possible they’ll do something with World War I/II.

They’ve already laid the groundwork now for tanks, aerial units, flamethrowers, and a lot of other stuff appropriate to the period.

The World Wars have a diverse cast of historical characters to keep moving along with these character focused games, and is a unique enough setting that it would still feel fresh, as opposed to something like a Medieval 3.

I’m not saying that I personally wouldn’t like a Medieval 3 or something else like it, cuz with all of these innovations, I probably would.

I’m just saying, after CA has expanded their fanbase with pure fantasy and quasi-mythological history...I agree it will be difficult for them to convert that fanbase over to a ‘traditional’ setting for awhile. And when considering what ‘nontraditional’ settings are available....the World Wars seem like a solid option.
    Valkaar said:

I have no idea what they’ll do for the next Saga title....but after Warhammer 3 is done, I definitely think it’s possible they’ll do something with World War I/II.

They’ve already laid the groundwork now for tanks, aerial units, flamethrowers, and a lot of other stuff appropriate to the period.

The World Wars have a diverse cast of historical characters to keep moving along with these character focused games, and is a unique enough setting that it would still feel fresh, as opposed to something like a Medieval 3.

I’m not saying that I personally wouldn’t like a Medieval 3 or something else like it, cuz with all of these innovations, I probably would.

I’m just saying, after CA has expanded their fanbase with pure fantasy and quasi-mythological history...I agree it will be difficult for them to convert that fanbase over to a ‘traditional’ setting for awhile. And when considering what ‘nontraditional’ settings are available....the World Wars seem like a solid option.

I think before the WW's they would do a "TW Victoria" (19th century) but I defiantly do think that if TW goes on we will have one day a "Total War: Total War" ;)
  • Bonutz619Bonutz619 Posts: 739Registered Users
    No DLC for ToB as far as I know.

Next game after 3K will most likely be Warhammer 3 but CA did mention that there is another Saga title in the works. Whether that releases before Warhammer 3 or not is anyone's guess.

As far as a Warhammer 3 release date, I'd wager it would be late 2020 - early 2021.
  • OkknightOkknight Posts: 100Registered Users
    I'm really curious which license they have obtained that is affecting their net profit so much. Has to be another besides Games Workshop and it's probably a high value one. With WB owning the game rights to LoTR I doubt it's that. So as I said, curious more than anything.
  • FinishingLastFinishingLast Posts: 4,122Registered Users
    Okknight said:

I'm really curious which license they have obtained that is affecting their net profit so much. Has to be another besides Games Workshop and it's probably a high value one. With WB owning the game rights to LoTR I doubt it's that. So as I said, curious more than anything.

Well they had the Alien license for Isolation and might have it, or another license, again for their new FPS. But a lot of it is still likely GW since that's what actually being sold at this point.
    I am incredibly mad and angry at whatever someone insinuated could possibly, but not likely, happen in the WH series today and CA must answer for this with an explanation of why they might possibly, but didn't do this!!!
    Not going to lie, I'd be down for Total War Warhammer 40k.
    GCRust said:

A TW 40k? or a TW 40k trilogy? ;)
  • Bonutz619Bonutz619 Posts: 739Registered Users
    GCRust said:

Not going to lie, I too would be down for Total War Warhammer 40k
    And the Blood and Gore pack could also be sold as a race pack via the World Eaters.
  • Commissar_GCommissar_G Senior Member Posts: 10,010Registered Users
    RikRiorik said:

TWW3. Seemingly not having gone into proper pre production yet is some way off methinks. But who knows?

If it takes them 6 months to do 6 re-skinned woof elf units then we could be waiting until 2024 for WH:3.
    "As a sandbox game everyone, without exception, should be able to play the game exactly as they see fit and that means providing the maximum scope possible." - ~UNiOnJaCk~
  • FinishingLastFinishingLast Posts: 4,122Registered Users

RikRiorik said:

If it takes them 6 months to do 6 re-skinned woof elf units then we could be waiting until 2024 for WH:3.
    I didn’t hear the woof elves are finally coming! All hail our pointed-ear canine superiors!
    I am incredibly mad and angry at whatever someone insinuated could possibly, but not likely, happen in the WH series today and CA must answer for this with an explanation of why they might possibly, but didn't do this!!!

RikRiorik said:

The terribad but terribly funny ’woof elf’ aside I’m not sure what you’re driving at here? Is it a stab at the Queen and the Crone DLC? If so yes the pace of current DLC is not exactly breakneck and yes by some form of logic that would mean an inordinate amount of waiting time for a full game.
  • Smoke_FanSmoke_Fan Posts: 1Registered Users
    Napoleon 2 Total War please!
  • ASPofNeurospineASPofNeurospine Posts: 1Registered Users
    I don't think they will do Warhammer 3. They have NEVER done 3 games in a series, which sucks, since Medieval 3 would've been fantastic. The ones about specific historical people (Like Napoleon, and Khan) also probably won't see a second game, except maybe a re-issue of some sort (Like Age of Empires 1 and 2's new versions with updated everythings). I doubt Warhammer 3 will happen, but I can see them doing regular Warhammer (not fantasy like the current 2 are), and go Warhammer 40k route with a new WH game.
  • CommisarCommisar Senior Member Posts: 1,194Registered Users

I don't think they will do Warhammer 3. They have NEVER done 3 games in a series, which sucks, since Medieval 3 would've been fantastic. The ones about specific historical people (Like Napoleon, and Khan) also probably won't see a second game, except maybe a re-issue of some sort (Like Age of Empires 1 and 2's new versions with updated everythings). I doubt Warhammer 3 will happen, but I can see them doing regular Warhammer (not fantasy like the current 2 are), and go Warhammer 40k route with a new WH game.

The reason they've said for not doing a 3rd edition of a setting they've already covered twice is they want to explore new areas. WH3 would be a change to the existing WH games.

40k wouldn't fit the TW system, also SEGA already has a company that makes 40k based games, Relic...although that didn't go well lately.