Welcome

Please register for Total War Access to use the forums. If you're an existing user, your forum details will be merged with Total War Access if you register with the same email or username. For more information please read our FAQ’s here.

Categories

Helman Ghorst's unique skill tree

Lord_DistamorfinLord_Distamorfin Posts: 238Registered Users
I get that Corpse Carts are kind of his thing, so it makes sense that his unique skills would buff them. But could charge bonus be any more worthless on another unit in this game? I can't see how charge bonus on one of the slowest units in the game can be helpful in any situation.
CA should have given Ghorst a buff to Corpse Carts aura effects or something at least mildly useful.

On a similar note, I also wish Vlad a skill that buffs certain units like most other legendary lords. His exp skill is ridiculous, but it's really boring. I just think every legendary lord should have at least one unique skill that buffs particular units.

Any other lords that could use new or revamped unique skills in their tree?

Comments

• WyvaxWyvax Posts: 1,641Registered Users
    Vlad, Isabella and Mannfred deserve the unique skills that the Von Carstein bloodline lords have. And the Red Duke deserves the unique Blood Dragon skills.
    Tomes read: The Great Betrayal, Master of Dragons, Curse of the Phoenix Crown, Trollslayer, Skavenslayer, Daemonslayer, Dragonslayer, Beastslayer
  • summertimelovinsummertimelovin Posts: 100Registered Users
    Yeah the charge bonus for corpse carts is mostly useless. I guess it could help them deal a tiny bit more initial damage but still.

Vlad's lack of a unique skill line is what stops me from starting as him in ME. I'm pretty sure the Beastmen LLs haven't been updated with unique skill lines. I think Skarsnik, Billy Ironhammer, and Grommy (his blue line is already rather unique) don't have them either. The WE LLs seem fine without them though.
    Do Manlett and the Chaos LLs have unique skill lines?

They'll all probably be updated come WH3
  • PancakesPancakes Posts: 376Registered Users
    What do you mean? Don't you guys charge your corpse carts in as shock troops? No?
    The 6 charge bonus isn't that effective? You don't say

Ya I agree
  • BoombastekBoombastek Posts: 1,764Registered Users
    edited July 19
    Wyvax said:

Vlad, Isabella and Mannfred deserve the unique skills that the Von Carstein bloodline lords have. And the Red Duke deserves the unique Blood Dragon skills.

Red duke had uniq blood dragon skills, plus he can take both line, while basic blood dragon is must chose.

And this is from Festag update, more than half year like this implement.

Isabella too had uniq skills.
  • BoombastekBoombastek Posts: 1,764Registered Users

Yeah the charge bonus for corpse carts is mostly useless. I guess it could help them deal a tiny bit more initial damage but still.

Vlad's lack of a unique skill line is what stops me from starting as him in ME. I'm pretty sure the Beastmen LLs haven't been updated with unique skill lines. I think Skarsnik, Billy Ironhammer, and Grommy (his blue line is already rather unique) don't have them either. The WE LLs seem fine without them though.

They'll all probably be updated come WH3

Chaos LL had uniq skills.

Manfred however had strong sword and self buff on WoM, plus he passive had +30 WoM. Manfred for true OK.
  • GoatforceGoatforce Posts: 2,454Registered Users
    I don't think any of the Vamps have a proper personal skill line, which sucks
  • neodeinosneodeinos Posts: 722Registered Users
    Feel like CA is trolling us with the charge bonus for the carts.
  • Lord_DistamorfinLord_Distamorfin Posts: 238Registered Users
    Wyvax said:

Vlad and Isabella definitely should get the skills for buffing living units, Vlad was the best Von Carstein leader to his people.
    Mannlet, not so much. If anything he should get buffs to wraith units or something. I'd also like to see Vlad get something for Grave Guard.
  • uriakuriak Posts: 3,390Registered Users
    Mannfred with his triple line of melee, vampire and death doesn't require specific skills, does he ?

I really feel lords of "humble units" like Ghorst should get large buffs at later levels, to make armies of low tiers units worth their salt.
  • endurendur Posts: 2,987Registered Users

Vlad has the best starting units of the Vampire Counts, as well as being able to recruit Isabella on turn 1. Isabella's units are not as tough, and she has to wait to turn 2 to recruit Vlad. Finally, Vlad's diplomacy buff lets him confederate Mannfred, Kemmler, and the Red Duke relatively quickly.

• SoftekanSoftekan Posts: 4Registered Users
    neodeinos said:

Feel like CA is trolling us with the charge bonus for the carts.

Honestly, if they changed it to effect all chariot/war machine type units and upped the bonus I could get behind it.
  • mightygloinmightygloin Posts: 1,018Registered Users
    Helman they said...Corpse Carts doomstack they said...would be fun they said...
  • RazmirthRazmirth Posts: 2,120Registered Users
    Yeah I don’t understand the point of charge bonus on corpse carts. Especially since they are supposed to be infantry buffers that don’t throw themselves in combat...
  • RazmirthRazmirth Posts: 2,120Registered Users
    endur said:

Vlad has the best starting units of the Vampire Counts, as well as being able to recruit Isabella on turn 1. Isabella's units are not as tough, and she has to wait to turn 2 to recruit Vlad. Finally, Vlad's diplomacy buff lets him confederate Mannfred, Kemmler, and the Red Duke relatively quickly.

I will say that confedrating as vlad, while more possible, is still a pain. I found as vampire counts I had to wait till like turn 60-100 to confed. Only way I pulled it off is when other vamp factions were on the verge of being wiped out and reluctantly agreed to join. Even then I’ve seen manfred or vlad flat out refuse to confed, even with high relations and 1 turn from being wiped out by an enemy stack.
  • doclumbagodoclumbago Posts: 1,244Registered Users
    Vlad has Advance Deployment & Siege Attacker from start so there you go.
    Super helpful. I have Templehof by turn 3 or so.

The more I think of it, Ghorst should have been something like Lord Kroak.
    As a Lord he´s meh.
  • endurendur Posts: 2,987Registered Users
    Razmirth said:

endur said:

I will say that confedrating as vlad, while more possible, is still a pain. I found as vampire counts I had to wait till like turn 60-100 to confed. Only way I pulled it off is when other vamp factions were on the verge of being wiped out and reluctantly agreed to join. Even then I’ve seen manfred or vlad flat out refuse to confed, even with high relations and 1 turn from being wiped out by an enemy stack.
    If you rush zero upkeep for Skeletons, and build lots of armies of skeletons/skeleton spearmen, the other Vampire Counts will see your massive armies and join you after you build your skeletal hordes.