Welcome

Please register for Total War Access to use the forums. If you're an existing user, your forum details will be merged with Total War Access if you register with the same email or username. For more information please read our FAQ’s here.

Categories

Will we be getting any more Rome 2 DLCs?

ApexGenesisApexGenesis Junior MemberPosts: 5Registered Users
Title says it all.

I love this game and I own every DLC, as well as played and finished every campaign with every faction.

Really hoping there's more to come!

Comments

• lilsweetcaligulalilsweetcaligula Posts: 285Registered Users
    I'd love to believe so.
    My personal favorite Total War games chart:
    I. Attila
    II. Rome II
    III. Napoleon
  • MertyMerty Posts: 10Registered Users
    I believe the new DLC will be the Bronze Age.
    DKMA
  • HerrickHerrick Posts: 187Registered Users
    I'm 100% sure that they won't release another dlc
  • TyphoonBlazeTyphoonBlaze Posts: 95Registered Users
    i'm 100% they will release another DLC
    edited July 2019
    I guess at the end of the day it all depends on luck and the number of active Rome II players. Both at the right time.

I. Attila
    II. Rome II
    III. Napoleon
  • Karoten2Karoten2 Posts: 179Registered Users
    ...and what kind of DLC would you like?

I want another patch more, and I am OK to pay 5 - 10 € for unnecessary DLC
    edited July 2019
    Karoten2 said:

...and what kind of DLC would you like?

I want another patch more, and I am OK to pay 5 - 10 € for unnecessary DLC

I think we are in the same camp, although the ROTR was pretty nice.
    I. Attila
    II. Rome II
    III. Napoleon
  • dge1dge1 Moderator Arkansas, USAPosts: 19,023Registered Users, Moderators, Knights
    My personal opinion is 'probably not'. Lot of other stuff going on with the DLC folks with the later issued games so I strongly suspect this one is done. (I feel your pain!)

"The two most common things in the universe are Hydrogen and Stupidity." - Harlan Ellison
    "The right to be heard does not automatically include the right to be taken seriously." - Hubert H. Humphrey
    "Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.” - George Carlin
  • DariosDarios Senior Member Posts: 427Registered Users
    There's really not much left that would make for an interesting Rome 2 DLC.

Alexander the Great is a possibility but I have a feeling that could end up being the next Saga game. it makes more sense as it would fit the bill perfectly.

Regarding possible future campaigns for Rome II, Trajan's Dacian wars would provide a real challenge for a Roman player. All of Rome's major weaknesses would be present- mountainous terrain, armor piercing units (falxmen), heavy cataphract cavalry (the Dacians' Roxolani allies), as well as expert/poisonous missile troops. It's really one of the last major Roman campaigns that Rome II hasn't touched upon yet.

Would also be a good opportunity to implement a playable Bastarnae faction for the GC. Imagine how cool a hybrid Daco-Germanic faction with Sarmatian influences would be.
  • AlejandroCartagenaAlejandroCartagena Posts: 9Registered Users
    We still need tools like Terry or Ted. It's absurd that we can''t create custom maps. The game needs a oficial settlement exchange/trade options. There are factions that need a re-work like Syracuse and Athens.

There are still Eastern factions (Kartli or Atropatene for example), German factions or British factions that could add new content.

It's true that CA's priorities are Three Kingdoms, Warhammer and the new Saga project. But Rome II still has a lot of potential. A new DLC would be great.

I think we are in the same camp, although the ROTR was pretty nice.

I consider the ROTR as the best campaign dlc for R2 ;)
    At the first I wannt to say, that I would welcome any new DLC, with updates, but...

On the other side, i recognize there is not much potential for new expansion,
    for example Dacian wars /or Marcomannic war/ would have -same- setting as Caesar in Gaul campaign , romans /with same units as in CIG and IA/ against gauls dacians

same people want more germanic/britannic factions - various campaigns offer gemanic and britannic factions in very diffrerent position/situation. Their unit roosters are OK and It is not real reason to add more identical factions to grand campaign,

In my view, the nomadic and balkan factions need to re-work

100 % agree the custom map editor (ted and terry?) must be

• dge1dge1 Moderator Arkansas, USAPosts: 19,023Registered Users, Moderators, Knights
    Probably not. Personal speculative comment.
    "The two most common things in the universe are Hydrogen and Stupidity." - Harlan Ellison
    "The right to be heard does not automatically include the right to be taken seriously." - Hubert H. Humphrey
    "Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.” - George Carlin
    We got really lucky in the past 2 years, - the content updates and long-awaited fixes came completely out of the blue. In terms of star alignment, it was a perfect match.

New content released,
    Many of the bugs patched,
    Lvdite Romani! Game on, Romans!
    I. Attila
    II. Rome II
    III. Napoleon
  • jamreal18jamreal18 Senior Member Posts: 8,642Registered Users
    I want Germans