Welcome

Please register for Total War Access to use the forums. If you're an existing user, your forum details will be merged with Total War Access if you register with the same email or username. For more information please read our FAQ’s here.

Categories

Silly new Arch Warhammer video: "Official CA Statement, Arch Warhammer is a ****head! 😂"

imnrkimnrk Registered Users Posts: 211
edited July 2019 in General Discussion
Wasn't sure whether to post this in "general discussions" or "community content". Discussion got closed instantly in "community content" so I'm posting it here. It's not my video either way. Just sharing it with you.

Link removed as it contains language inappropriate for a family-friendly forum. You'll have to find it on his site.

I don't agree with Arch Warhammer or CA on all of the things they say. As someone who sees the good and bad things about both of them I just think this is funny and ultimately harmless. I don't want to start any arguments here about who is right and who is wrong.
Post edited by BillyRuffian on

Comments

• Mogwai_ManMogwai_Man Registered Users Posts: 3,735
    Uh oh, look at what you started.
  • ReeksReeks Registered Users Posts: 2,995
  • ReeksReeks Registered Users Posts: 2,995
    I´m sad that wheels is moving on, who shall champion the furry ones from now on, when that´s said and done what he did was grossly unprofessional lol
  • MonochromaticSpiderMonochromaticSpider Registered Users Posts: 939
    Who cares about Arch anyway? He's just another worthless edgelord who confuses talking trash with having something to contribute to a conversation.

Also, what does the online drama surrounding an edgelord have to do with Warhammer?
  • SaborSabor Registered Users Posts: 297
    Well there is nothing wrong with discussing the video as far as I'm aware. As long as we can keep it civil and not personally go after anyone....this thread should be closed in about an hour.

In any case before it does get shut down I will say this. Arch Warhammer can come across as...blunt sometimes. I do think he raises some good points however. While the approach is typically crude in how he speaks he does pose several strong points. What Wheels did while funny (and to some degree deserving) it was unprofessional. Though it was his last day so...*shrugs*.

Not to discuss any direct topic, I strongly suggest that anyone reading watch some of Arch Warhammers videos to form your own opinion. Never blindly follow what any one person says or feels. With all of that my personal opinion is that he has some good points, but can be fairly disrespectful depending on the topic.

You are right though OP, I laughed for a solid 5 minutes when Wheels called out Arch!
  • Aram_theheadAram_thehead Registered Users Posts: 1,003
    I didn't watch the streams and didn't catch that by Wheels. Totally didn't expect it lol.
  • NopeacejustwarNopeacejustwar Registered Users Posts: 994
    Yeah I was like gahahahaha! When he said it. 🤣
  • Vanilla_GorillaVanilla_Gorilla Registered Users Posts: 19,609
    I know and care very little about Arch. I gather they're one of those "negativity creates cash" types sans the personality and humour that makes some of them watchable.
    Malakai is the best choice for a Dwarf LP. Give us Slayer lords so we may form a Slayer host and revel in our destruction!
  • WyvaxWyvax Registered Users Posts: 2,585
    I watched that earlier tonight. Never did agree with Arch's delivery and some of his politics, but do on a lot of his points. He's not afraid to give his opinion and I can respect that. Though I probably got a bias from first learning about Skaven, Greenskins and Ogres through his lore videos. My sides remember the pain from laughing.
    Tomes read: The Great Betrayal, Master of Dragons, Curse of the Phoenix Crown, Trollslayer, Skavenslayer, Daemonslayer, Dragonslayer, Beastslayer, Vampireslayer, Malekith, The Bloody Handed

It's T. rex, not T-Rex, you filthy casuals.

"Draconic murder ferret attack dog." - Ben1990 describing Shard Dragons.
  • Grace_CAGrace_CA Creative Assembly Registered Users, Moderators, Administrators, CA Staff Mods, CA Staff, Community Team Posts: 893
    The comment made on the stream is not an official view of Creative Assembly, and we apologise for any upset or harm caused.
  • forsythforsyth Registered Users Posts: 194
    CA twitch should come down and follow correct procedure. I have a young son and i don't wont him to learn to that's how you talk to people you disagree with. I expect a professional response from CA or blocks to buying the next warhammer DLC for him. Grow up.
  • MaedrethnirMaedrethnir Senior Member Registered Users Posts: 7,575
    edited July 2019
    When it comes to Total War youtube scene I think 'blacklist' is a seal of quality.

As for the very video all I can say is that CA CMs in general are known for their unprofessional behaviour.

Thankfuly one less problem.

Drowned in stars, bloated we shine.
    ... .... .... --··-- -. --- - . .- .-. ... ·-·-·- --- -. .-.. -.-- -.. .-. . .- -- ... -. --- .-- ·-·-·-

• ArsenicArsenic Registered Users Posts: 5,540
    Sorry to hear about Wheels going, I do enjoy his commentary.

I managed about two minutes into that video. As soon as I heard the phrase soyboy thrown around I knew it probably wasn't worth listening any further.

"Ours is a world of fleeting glory. But it is glory, nonetheless."
  • GoatforceGoatforce Registered Users Posts: 4,167
    I personally quite like Arch, don't agree with him on everything and he can be overly negative (and fall for nonsense as a result). That said his content is usually quite good and fun to watch imo, some people seem to just hate him for his voice oddly, though it is very probably put on I don't see a problem with that in an online persona.

In this case I would tend to agree with him, personally can't see why that mod was taken down, it wasn't hurting anyone and its banning coming shortly after the release of a blood pack that showed blood and gore and such was weird to me.

But that's just my take on the issue anyway.
  • ArsenicArsenic Registered Users Posts: 5,540
    Goatforce said:

In this case I would tend to agree with him, personally can't see why that mod was taken down, it wasn't hurting anyone and its banning coming shortly after the release of a blood pack that showed blood and gore and such was weird to me.

Maybe it's because these are Chinese historical and cultural figures, they thought it might offend?

I think, were they doing a Total War: Armada and there was a mod tarting up Elizabeth the First, think I'd be a bit offended by that. Not enough to want it taken down, but I'd think it tasteless certainly.

Don't know. It does seem odd, especially as there's still mods tarting up Morathi and the Damsels, as far as I know. It's what makes me think it might be for a reason that's less obvious.
    "Ours is a world of fleeting glory. But it is glory, nonetheless."
  • SakuraHeinzSakuraHeinz Junior Member Registered Users Posts: 2,510
    Yep Arch is mean and always negativ about anything from CA, but I always loved his lore videos.

I watched the complete video and listened to megatron and starscream and they both are right, its sad that CA is going down the certain game destroying route but cant do anything about it, they just have to wait for events like this and fire them if they can.

This discussion has been closed.