Welcome

Please register for Total War Access to use the forums. If you're an existing user, your forum details will be merged with Total War Access if you register with the same email or username. For more information please read our FAQ’s here.

Categories

Total War: THREE KINGDOMS - Eight Princes Gameplay Preview

CA_JamesCA_James Registered Users, Moderators, Administrators, CA Staff Mods, CA Staff, Community Team Posts: 353
edited July 2019 in General Discussion

Eight figures stand to take control of a newly formed empire.

Join us as we take a look at some of the vastly different playstyles available in Total War: THREE KINGDOMS - Eight Princes:

Post edited by CA_James on

Comments

• GeneralOusenGeneralOusen Registered Users Posts: 22
    how many turns has a year in this DLC?
  • TayvarTayvar Registered Users Posts: 10,877
    Nice video, but I still believe that it should has been a Standalone Game, like Total War: Attila. :)
  • united84united84 Registered Users Posts: 678
    The cataphracts are the best looking units for 8 princes DLC as well as the base game.

I wish the same could be said for the unique infantry. Sima Liang's Imperial guards looks identical to the Xiliang cav (because of the iconic helmet) and Sima Wei's Heavy assault infantry is the same model as protector of heaven wielding a sword instead of glaive.

For pete's sake, please add more labor to 3K's content team lol.
  • zerkmannzerkmann Registered Users Posts: 348
    united84 said:

The cataphracts are the best looking units for 8 princes DLC as well as the base game.

I wish the same could be said for the unique infantry. Sima Liang's Imperial guards looks identical to the Xiliang cav (because of the iconic helmet) and Sima Wei's Heavy assault infantry is the same model as protector of heaven wielding a sword instead of glaive.

For pete's sake, please add more labor to 3K's content team lol.

It's an 8 dollar dlc. Don't expect much.
  • JamboJambo Member Registered Users Posts: 264
    Yeah, agree with the above, it's a cheap DLC and well worth it in my books.. Well done CA.

Though I do also agree that I'd love to see more unique characters brought to the base game as to me the unique characters are what really makes this TW shine.
  • RikisRikis Registered Users Posts: 1,257
    Jambo said:

Yeah, agree with the above, it's a cheap DLC and well worth it in my books.. Well done CA.

Though I do also agree that I'd love to see more unique characters brought to the base game as to me the unique characters are what really makes this TW shine.

Cross your finger for the first of august when they announce the FLC. Although if it isn`t unique characters but new units of some kind I'll be happy regardless.
  • mitthrawnuruodomitthrawnuruodo Junior Member Registered Users Posts: 1,800
    Many of these mechanics, such as jurisdiction, would be a great additions to the base game as a universal mechanic for all warlords.
  • Misaka_ComplexMisaka_Complex Registered Users Posts: 2,088
    Yeah, just as I suspected the characters outside of the 8 Sima princes barely have unique models so the clone wars problem just got worse in this DLC than in the base game, but at least they made new armour...
  • yolordmcswagyolordmcswag Registered Users Posts: 1,732

Yeah, just as I suspected the characters outside of the 8 Sima princes barely have unique models so the clone wars problem just got worse in this DLC than in the base game, but at least they made new armour...

It seems that several of the princes start with generals who have unique armors, my guess is that these armours will be added to the base game aswell allowing for more different generals.
  • ArneSoArneSo Registered Users Posts: 4,340
    Unique armours are nice and fine but the characters are still generic clones...
  • Misaka_ComplexMisaka_Complex Registered Users Posts: 2,088

It seems that several of the princes start with generals who have unique armors, my guess is that these armours will be added to the base game aswell allowing for more different generals.

Yep, that seems to be exactly the case. I'm not sure if I'm happy that they didn't overly invest too much resources into the 8 princes or if I should criticize CA for slacking off on unique models and making due with generic (new) armour. Hopefully they will work on more unique models for the base game in the future and focus on that.
  • WhiteHorseMemesWhiteHorseMemes Registered Users Posts: 331
    I feel like they should take a page from KOEI's book and just have characters with generic battle appearances, but unique portraits. It's a bit shallow, but it adds so much to the characterization when you see somebody who stands out from the crowd. I admit that gameplay wise it doesn't matter. As far as I know, Liu Zhang, Tao Qian and Han Sui have no unique skills or abilities, but just the fact that they look unique makes them really appealing. I think most people don't even care about the gameplay side of things with these characters, and they just want to see some good art.
  • markp27markp27 Registered Users Posts: 1,432

I feel like they should take a page from KOEI's book and just have characters with generic battle appearances, but unique portraits. It's a bit shallow, but it adds so much to the characterization when you see somebody who stands out from the crowd. I admit that gameplay wise it doesn't matter. As far as I know, Liu Zhang, Tao Qian and Han Sui have no unique skills or abilities, but just the fact that they look unique makes them really appealing. I think most people don't even care about the gameplay side of things with these characters, and they just want to see some good art.

With KOEI's ROTK 13, every character can become unique quick just by who they become friends with. These allowed them to gain skill levels from friendships.