Welcome

Please register for Total War Access to use the forums. If you're an existing user, your forum details will be merged with Total War Access if you register with the same email or username. For more information please read our FAQ’s here.

Categories

Lack of a "Hide Bodies" graphical option?

TheLoneCenturionTheLoneCenturion Posts: 16Registered Users
Rome II had a graphical option added called Hide bodies, it was REALLY useful for people who didn't want battles with many reinforcing armies to turn into a slide show when looking at a massive mound of corpses.

It was useful since I don't want to have to lower my unit detail to low just to get rid of corpses.
Low unit detail makes troops LOD look like paper cutouts not to mention in Warhammer II and Three kingdoms it causes generals to look very bad in battle for some reason even when zoomed in.

So please CA I can't imagine that this is a difficult option to add, I mean you already added it all it is is removing corpses or even better make one that is a slider for body count limit.

PLEASE add it.
Tagged:

Comments

• TheLoneCenturionTheLoneCenturion Posts: 16Registered Users
    edited July 9
    If anyone could help me bring this to the attention of the Devs I would be forever grateful, the difference in frame rates is insane.

After the thousands of units clash and die on the battlefield the game drops from 90fps down to 20 when looking at the piles of bodies.

Doesn't matter how good my RTX 2070 is when there is thousands of extra useless bodies being rendered along with the live ones.
  • IndyprideIndypride Senior Member Posts: 1,655Registered Users
    I fully agree and will try to pass it along to the devs. Having the option to make bodies disappear when not looking at them would be really nice and help performance tremendously
    Thanks for the help, but yea even just the basic option would be nice.

If they added a body count limit slider THAT would be awesome.
    Any luck on getting this added?
    I feel like it also effects at what distance animations play since I have noticed that sometimes if there are a lot of bodies in a fight unit animations start to turn into guys literally slidding around even when you are fully zoomed in.