Welcome

Please register for Total War Access to use the forums. If you're an existing user, your forum details will be merged with Total War Access if you register with the same email or username. For more information please read our FAQ’s here.

Categories

Massive concerns from Chinese community in regards to Region Lock - Serious Issue

takilung31takilung31 Posts: 1,318Registered Users
Tons of players are worried that CA will be region locking the game on China, as a result forcing all existent steam users to forced to use the Chinese "Censored" version.

Which all blood will turn into green, all gores removed, and DLCs can't be bought from the steam store anymore, which forces all Chinese players to buy from the Chinese partner that CA have compromised.

Note I am not affected since I am in the UK but I am merely letting CA know that this is a big deal

Please don't region lock 3K and force other users to use the Chinese platform, let Steam stays as is, let people choose whether they want to continue use Steam for 3K or the other Chinese platform

Almost if not all Chinese prefer using Steam, due to no censorship and other stuff

There are tons of negative threads on this already

https://tieba.baidu.com/p/6213466168

https://tieba.baidu.com/p/6213186950###

https://tieba.baidu.com/p/6213643864
https://tieba.baidu.com/p/6213156024
https://tieba.baidu.com/p/6213123527

Also, if you read the steam reviews, tons of Chinese are bombarding it

How to solve this? Please make an official announcement that you won't be region locking China for 3K, that Steam users can still play 3K without being forced to use Netease version of 3K

Comments

• takilung31takilung31 Posts: 1,318Registered Users
    What the main audience is worry is that their existing DLCs IE Blood and Gore will be removed from their Steam account, and or turned into Green Blood

2) That their steam version of 3K will be forced to shut down and they are forced to play Netease version of the game

3) Future new Chinese players who just got into 3K are force to buy from Netease, with Steam version being banned/ region locked

This is not a trivial issue, its a big issue, please don't just ignore this issue CA

• post9066post9066 Posts: 5Registered Users
    Yes, I am very worried. My English is not very good. I spent whole afternoon writing a long post hoping that CA can see the doubts of Chinese players.

I don't want the game I've purchased to be unable to update and unable to buy new DLCs, while hundreds of thousands of others Chinese players who buy games on steam have the same concerns. After all, neither Netease nor CA have made clear what impact the future will have on the players who buy games on steam.Of course we are worried.
  • post9066post9066 Posts: 5Registered Users

What the main audience is worry is that their existing DLCs IE Blood and Gore will be removed from their Steam account, and or turned into Green Blood

2) That their steam version of 3K will be forced to shut down and they are forced to play Netease version of the game

3) Future new Chinese players who just got into 3K are force to buy from Netease, with Steam version being banned/ region locked

This is not a trivial issue, its a big issue, please don't just ignore this issue CA

As long as you are a Chinese player, it's not hard to understand why Chinese players prefer to play games on steam rather than special versions provided by local partners.

We just need to ask a very simple question.Why would Chinese players prefer to risking the risk that the platform could be blocked by goverment at any time while still playing steam games, rather than choosing versions provided by local partners that seem to be more stable and secure? Are Chinese players all Idiots?

Of course not. When you learn that the censorship system has changed the game completely, and when you understand that local partners have changed the original balanced game to a paid to win game, as a player, you realize how precious a paradise steam is.

I really don't want to say that, but CA please see for yourself how Netease has destroyed minecraft in china.
  • KrunchKrunch Junior Member Posts: 3,811Registered Users
    edited August 2
  • Misaka_ComplexMisaka_Complex Posts: 1,373Registered Users
    edited August 2
    They did a similar thing with Diablo 3 censoring all the gore, Netease is also a very dominant player in this market but CA is also a business so depending on what is requested of them from Netease and the Chinese cultural agencies, this could go either way. I seriously doubt that CA will stand up for Chinese players especially when profit is involved. They didn't even make official trailers in Mandarin Chinese as Mandarin voice trailers are made by fans alone, doubt they care much about Chinese players.
  • markp27markp27 Posts: 1,113Registered Users

They did a similar thing with Diablo 3 censoring all the gore, Netease is also a very dominant player in this market but CA is also a business so depending on what is requested of them from Netease and the Chinese cultural agencies, this could go either way. I seriously doubt that CA will stand up for Chinese players especially when profit is involved. They didn't even make official trailers in Mandarin Chinese as Mandarin voice trailers are made by fans alone, doubt they care much about Chinese players.

CA seem to have got what they wanted from all players no matter what nationality. Many bought this game thinking they were buying one thing, then getting another with DLC and FLC. The game was ideal for a Chinese audience, now they have these initial sales, why should they worry if Chinese players can get the game?
  • ArgonArgon Senior Member ItalyPosts: 1,486Registered Users

Wow, I honestly didn't know china has a big censorship, blood included, i mean, wow, not even Australia xD
    My favorite factions in TW titles:
    Rome 1 - House of Julii
    Medieval 2 - Milan
    Empire - England
    Napoleon - France
    Shogun 2 - Tokugawa
    Rome 2 - Macedon
    Attila - Western Roman Empire
    Warhammer - Empire (Karl Franz)
  • unicornvalleyunicornvalley Posts: 110Registered Users
    Have to second this since most Chinese players won't be doing it here. Don't want this to be ignored.

And there is one more thing to worry about. Don't know if it is OK to talk about it, but god forbid, 3K had already been cracked, so if steam were to be locked and the Netease version censored. It would push most new Chinese 3K players to the cracked version, and probably many Chinese players who currently own the game on steam. Especially when CA is not tending the wishes of most of them by adding more legendary characters or making 3K more lore-friendly, and it is the modders who are doing that.

Also, I am currently in the U.S. and I bought the game on steam.
  • BreadboxBreadbox Posts: 768Registered Users
    Yep, CA or Sega or Whoever needs to make a statement regarding the possibility of region.
    What a streak of terrible post release decisions.

Rip
    edited August 3
    markp27 said:

CA seem to have got what they wanted from all players no matter what nationality. Many bought this game thinking they were buying one thing, then getting another with DLC and FLC. The game was ideal for a Chinese audience, now they have these initial sales, why should they worry if Chinese players can get the game?

Exactly, CA has already finished milking the wallets of the Chinese players, they already have the money so no need to worry about the Chinese players anymore and leave the rest to Netease, that's probably why they partnered in the first place.
  • LestaTLestaT Senior Member Posts: 3,247Registered Users

markp27 said:

Exactly, CA has already finished milking the wallets of the Chinese players, they already have the money so no need to worry about the Chinese players anymore and leave the rest to Netease, that's probably why they partnered in the first place.
    They are not finished yet it seems. P2W market is big in China. This is SEGA move to sell that upcoming card game. Even TW Arena will make a comeback again.
  • crazyjim0528crazyjim0528 Posts: 46Registered Users
    CA get their money,NETEASE get their P2W Card game,and chinese player get a censored version of game. My sympathys.
    LestaT said:

They are not finished yet it seems. P2W market is big in China. This is SEGA move to sell that upcoming card game. Even TW Arena will make a comeback again.

Oh yeah, damn I completely forgot about that card game, thanks for reminding me.
  • dge1dge1 Moderator Arkansas, USAPosts: 18,359Registered Users, Moderators, Knights
    Moved to Chat.
    "The two most common things in the universe are Hydrogen and Stupidity." - Harlan Ellison
    "The right to be heard does not automatically include the right to be taken seriously." - Hubert H. Humphrey
    "Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.” - George Carlin
  • Grace_CAGrace_CA Creative Assembly Posts: 863Registered Users, Moderators, Administrators, CA Staff Mods, CA Staff, Community Team
    We promise that Steam users will not be affected in any way, and all Total War products can be purchased/downloaded/experienced as usual.
  • takilung31takilung31 Posts: 1,318Registered Users
    Grace_CA said:

We promise that Steam users will not be affected in any way, and all Total War products can be purchased/downloaded/experienced as usual.

Thank you Grace i will pass it down to everyone on Chinese forums

also from netease saying they will not be touching steam

• Grace_CAGrace_CA Creative Assembly Posts: 863Registered Users, Moderators, Administrators, CA Staff Mods, CA Staff, Community Team

Grace_CA said:

Thank you Grace i will pass it down to everyone on Chinese forums

also from netease saying they will not be touching steam

Yes, we didn't make it clear enough in our original statement but as Netease say, we do not want this to affect existing Steam users.

The more of our Chinese players we can reach with this messaging the better!
  • ItharusItharus Senior Member Posts: 6,664Registered Users
    China removed the gore and made blood green on chinese platforms?

Poor Chinese :(

Also: space aliens made the great wall confirmed! Vulcans or Romulans, most like.

Those green-blooded.... *mutters like McCoy*