Welcome

Please register for Total War Access to use the forums. If you're an existing user, your forum details will be merged with Total War Access if you register with the same email or username. For more information please read our FAQ’s here.

Categories

Liu Bei's amazing stable of generals to beat down the opposition

MyNameIsTakenMyNameIsTaken Registered Users Posts: 11
Playing Liu Bei on VH-VH, and have a great chance to win my first TW3K on those settings due to attracting many of the best fighters in the game.

Liu Bei, of course, starts off with Guan Yu and Zhang Fei, two masters of the duel. Then I adopted two female generals and married Lu Bu and Ma Chao into my faction. Later I popped the event to get Zhao Yun and was able to grab Xiaohuo Dun when he appeared in the candidate pool after Cao Cao's destruction (by my hand).

Three armies, each with two great fighters. I'm taking down other armies with twice as many men easily.

Not wanting to celebrate too soon, but dang, once you learn how to nab the biggest names you really can dominate.

Comments

• decourcy2decourcy2 Registered Users Posts: 182
    I do not use this method as I think faction heirs should not leave their faction quite so easily.
  • markp27markp27 Registered Users Posts: 1,531
    Personally I only use people who served under Liu Bei.
  • ComradCommodoreComradCommodore Senior Member Registered Users Posts: 538
    How can anyone say no to that grinning fiend

Also, Cao Cao defeated? Sounds like dirty Liu Bei propaganda too me
  • AxlswhkAxlswhk Registered Users Posts: 216

Playing Liu Bei on VH-VH, and have a great chance to win my first TW3K on those settings due to attracting many of the best fighters in the game.

Liu Bei, of course, starts off with Guan Yu and Zhang Fei, two masters of the duel. Then I adopted two female generals and married Lu Bu and Ma Chao into my faction. Later I popped the event to get Zhao Yun and was able to grab Xiaohuo Dun when he appeared in the candidate pool after Cao Cao's destruction (by my hand).

Three armies, each with two great fighters. I'm taking down other armies with twice as many men easily.

Not wanting to celebrate too soon, but dang, once you learn how to nab the biggest names you really can dominate.

Shhhh keep it a secret, there are people here who wants everything nerf.
  • Misaka_ComplexMisaka_Complex Registered Users Posts: 2,813
    Yeah the Lu Bu marriage trick works wonders. As Liu Bei you can also confederate a lot of people given the right conditions too from the start of the game so make sure to check every turn as you have a decent chance of picking up some random factions here and there for free.