Welcome

Please register for Total War Access to use the forums. If you're an existing user, your forum details will be merged with Total War Access if you register with the same email or username. For more information please read our FAQ’s here.

Categories

Next TW Saga Title

mcar110mcar110 MemberUnited KingdomPosts: 422Registered Users
edited August 9 in Total War General Chat
I know this isn’t the saga forum but since very few people seem to use it I figured I’d post in in the 3K one which is far more active:

https://www.pcgamer.com/total-war-saga-is-heading-to-troy-according-to-a-trademark-application/?utm_content=bufferd8371&utm_medium=social&utm_source=twitter&utm_campaign=buffer-pcgamertw

EDIT: Apologies, managed to somehow post it in the wrong forum. @dge1 Can this please be shifted to 3K’s forum?

Comments

• neodeinosneodeinos Posts: 1,416Registered Users
    Don't see much the interest in Troy, it would work better as a DLC for Rome 2 honestly. And I hope we won't get any "fantasy" elements, it's great for the fantasy fans but I really miss a purely historical title.
  • TsiarTsiar Posts: 289Registered Users
    Will Jack "JUST **** MY GAME UP" Lusted still be in charge?
  • CrossilCrossil Posts: 4,270Registered Users
    Should go to Saga forum, intended to post in 3K, posted in Warhammer.

You're only missing Rome II and Attila.
    UNLEASH THE EVERCHARIOT
  • FossowayFossoway Posts: 2,131Registered Users
    edited August 9
    You wanted to post this on the wrong forum, but somehow posted it on another wrong forum, so now you're asking for a mod to move it to the first mentioned wrong forum? :)

Is this really confirmed to be the next Saga? Because Troy is not exactly TW material, first it's half fantasy (probably more than half), and it's not really multiple factions fighting against each others. If I recall, it's a coalition of city states trying to siege Troy. The Greek (and Allies) vs the Trojans (and Allies). 1 major faction vs another. Kinda hard to stuff that into the TW formula. And since the Iliad covers a lot of different characters, the diplomacy would be closer to 3K as it would focus on characters rather than armies.

I don't know how I feel about that, tbh. I'd much rather have something more grounded in reality, like the Imjin War or the Fall of Constantinople.
  • darkgaia01darkgaia01 Posts: 137Registered Users
    the only thing that would make this interesting if it been done a brand new game engine to show of what future total wars would be built on
  • BillyRuffianBillyRuffian Moderator UKPosts: 35,953Registered Users, Moderators, Knights
    edited August 9
    Actually it's speculation about the possible next Saga so belongs in TW General Chat. So moved.

"He uses statistics as a drunken man uses lamp-posts - for support rather than illumination." (Andrew Lang)

|Takeda| Yokota Takatoshi

Forum Terms and Conditions: - https://forums.totalwar.com/discussion/172193/forum-terms-and-conditions#latest

"We wunt be druv". iot6pc7dn8qs.png
  • FossowayFossoway Posts: 2,131Registered Users

Actually it's speculation about the possible next Saga so belongs in TW General Chat. So moved.

Sadly it's also a good way to nuke the conversation into the ground, since there is no specific Saga forum and barely anyone reads the General Chat :neutral:
  • mcar110mcar110 Member United KingdomPosts: 422Registered Users
    edited August 9
    Crossil said:

Should go to Saga forum, intended to post in 3K, posted in Warhammer.

You're only missing Rome II and Attila.

:) I know, over excited posting. I intended to put it in the 3K forum because almost no one looks at the Saga forum so I figured it’d get more exposure there
  • 39821739175248623982173917524862 Posts: 771Registered Users
    I hope this has at least more work put into it than ToB. I love Ancient Greece and the Iliad. Pretty high potential if they actually make it a good title. Unfortunately I only see this as a 3K game with the hero system and a Ancient Greek paint. I hope they at least take the more fantasy elements into this game and go away with records mode, because if they aren't going to commit to making it fun, there's no need for it like in 3K.
  • AxlswhkAxlswhk Posts: 216Registered Users
    Hope it’s true, would rather buy a Trojan series than 8 prince.
  • Ephraim_DaltonEphraim_Dalton Senior Member Posts: 20,243Registered Users
    jamreal18 said:
    Who knows?

But I wonder whether they'd go the Warhammer route and add mythical Greek beasties and divine intervention to it or the 3K route and ground it more in reality but with superpowered heroes and generals.

• jamreal18jamreal18 Senior Member Posts: 8,579Registered Users
    What will be the factions?

Will there be rich unit variety and diversity for each faction?
    edited August 9

jamreal18 said:
    Who knows?

But I wonder whether they'd go the Warhammer route and add mythical Greek beasties and divine intervention to it or the 3K route and ground it more in reality but with superpowered heroes and generals.
    Making beasts is costly just like Ghorgon.

Even Saga is now turning into fantasy.
  • Warlord_Lu_BuWarlord_Lu_Bu Posts: 1,972Registered Users
    ehhhh.... that'd be boring... already got Rome 2 for Greek stuff and their oh so heroic, Helot Slave murdering Spartans. I would rather see TW Medieval 3 or TW The Rise of the Mongols.
    "I am the punishment of Tengri, if you had not sinned, he would not have sent me against you." - Chenghis Khan Temujin

ehhhh.... that'd be boring... already got Rome 2 for Greek stuff and their oh so heroic, Helot Slave murdering Spartans. I would rather see TW Medieval 3 or TW The Rise of the Mongols.

Medieval 3 and Mongols shall have their own game.
  • KrunchKrunch Junior Member Posts: 3,823Registered Users
    jamreal18 said:

What will be the factions?

Will there be rich unit variety and diversity for each faction?

It's going to be Wrath of Sparta but with a more Bronze Age as opposed to classical aesthetic.
    edited August 9
    Here are some probable factions and cultures:

Dardanians : Troy, Colonos. Phrygian, maybe even Hittite influence
    Danaians : Argos, Mycenae, Sparta, Ithaka, Salamis, etc. Mainland Bronze Age Greek
    Crete: Idomeneus' faction, Minoan
    Ethiopia: Memnon's faction, Ethiopian
    Amazons : Penthesilea's faction, Scythian

• FheoooFheooo Posts: 26Registered Users
    This is one of the ones I've wanted foe some time. It would be cool to have it like three kingdoms, in that there's a "records" and "romance" mode.
    Let's also not forget that the Trojan War was essentially a 10-year siege. Wonder how they'll portray that.

• Warlord_Lu_BuWarlord_Lu_Bu Posts: 1,972Registered Users
    jamreal18 said:

Medieval 3 and Mongols shall have their own game.
    But when? the greatest empire in the world that has ever existed... still doesn't have it's own game? and Medieval 3 has been asked for, for like 10-15 years.
    "I am the punishment of Tengri, if you had not sinned, he would not have sent me against you." - Chenghis Khan Temujin
  • SuliotSuliot Senior Member Posts: 685Registered Users
    I'm SUPER excited for a Bronze Age setting, this is amazing news if it turns out to be true! I just hope that the title is not only centered on the Achaean/Trojan Conflict but also includes the rest of the Bronze Age civilizations. Hopefully they chose the title Troy, only because it's more recognizable.

Another thing I hope for, is that the game will be much more historical than 3K, in a similar way how ToB is quite historically accurate. There's just so many colorful civilizations from the period, giving this setting an incredible potential!

And I also hope the (Trojan)Dardanians will be a playable faction! ;)
  • Whiskeyjack_5691Whiskeyjack_5691 Posts: 2,388Registered Users
    Not really sure how I feel about the idea of a Trojan War Total War game right now. I'm certainly curious, but I'll have to do some reading into it before I become interested.
  • BillyRuffianBillyRuffian Moderator UKPosts: 35,953Registered Users, Moderators, Knights
    edited August 9