Welcome

Please register for Total War Access to use the forums. If you're an existing user, your forum details will be merged with Total War Access if you register with the same email or username. For more information please read our FAQ’s here.

Categories

Character Satisfaction Mechanic Gone

ShiroAmakusa75ShiroAmakusa75 Senior MemberRegistered Users Posts: 28,310
edited August 2019 in General Discussion
The beta patch introduced global effects of low or high overally character satisfaction, it seems they've gone missing in the full patch or at least the icon that notified of the effects is. Since they're still listed on the patch thread, I presume that's a mistake.

Comments

• ArgonArgon Senior Member ItalyRegistered Users Posts: 1,501
    Reading all the strange things that are happening i think that the patches getting merged wasn't a good idea and went wrong
    My favorite factions in TW titles:
    Rome 1 - House of Julii
    Medieval 2 - Milan
    Empire - UK
    Napoleon - France
    Shogun 2 - Tokugawa
    Rome 2 - Macedon
    Attila - Western Roman Empire
    Warhammer - Empire (Karl Franz)
    Three kingdoms - Sun Jian
  • RewanRewan Senior Member Registered Users Posts: 3,437
    edited August 2019
    I saw the icon in my 8P campaign
  • Skarsnik_De_EmperorSkarsnik_De_Emperor Registered Users Posts: 1,751
    it comes after you level up i guess
  • twwatchertwwatcher Registered Users Posts: 2,418
    Not sure but I came to the conclusion in the beta that if the satisfaction was neutral you did not get the symbol, ie only if high (+ve) or low (-ve) as the symbol seemed to come and go. Don't think there is a way to see what the overall satisfaction is as an average to check if this is the case.
  • ShiroAmakusa75ShiroAmakusa75 Senior Member Registered Users Posts: 28,310
    Are there ways to monitor overall satsifaction without these popping up? If there is it seems to have eluded me.

• sassbarmansassbarman Registered Users Posts: 45
    I just wish I understood the calculation involved in determining overall satisfaction. In my current campaign I have 10 characters only 2 of which are unhappy but I’m receiving the unsatisfied debuff almost ever turn. I guess I’m just missing something not hard to do with this convoluted UI.
  • Misaka_ComplexMisaka_Complex Registered Users Posts: 2,872
    No it just shows up when you have it too low or too high and doesn't show up when its normal, its not "gone."
  • davedave1124davedave1124 Senior Member Registered Users Posts: 10,743
    I got that flag yesterday, not checked today.. because more characters or unhappy your lords suffer from a -4 satisfaction and +15% corruption.. has it gone?
  • ShiroAmakusa75ShiroAmakusa75 Senior Member Registered Users Posts: 28,310
    So it showed up again. Guess my chosen playstyle kept most of my characters neutral for quite a while.

I'd still want to have it displayed complete with breakdown somewhere.

In any case, the thread can be closed.

I got that flag yesterday, not checked today.. because more characters or unhappy your lords suffer from a -4 satisfaction and +15% corruption.. has it gone?

It shows up the next turn. For example if most of your characters (overall satisfaction) is low this turn, then the next turn you will get the penalties for low overall satisfaction. If you fix the problem it will go away the turn after that.
  • davedave1124davedave1124 Senior Member Registered Users Posts: 10,743

It shows up the next turn. For example if most of your characters (overall satisfaction) is low this turn, then the next turn you will get the penalties for low overall satisfaction. If you fix the problem it will go away the turn after that.
    Costs a fortune though keeping them happy with promotions.. wish there was a flay option.

Costs a fortune though keeping them happy with promotions.. wish there was a flay option.

Well I mean if they are overall moderately satisfied in the yellow there is no bonus or penalty so you don't have to keep them in the green to get a buff because as long as the overall isn't in the red you don't get penalties.
  • dge1dge1 Moderator Arkansas, USARegistered Users, Moderators, Knights Posts: 20,756
    Closed.
    "The two most common things in the universe are Hydrogen and Stupidity." - Harlan Ellison
    "The right to be heard does not automatically include the right to be taken seriously." - Hubert H. Humphrey
    "Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.” - George Carlin/Mark Twain
This discussion has been closed.