Welcome

Please register for Total War Access to use the forums. If you're an existing user, your forum details will be merged with Total War Access if you register with the same email or username. For more information please read our FAQ’s here.

Categories

Are these units Legit and what faction would they go to?

SeanJeanquoiSeanJeanquoi Registered Users Posts: 3,413
edited August 2019 in General Discussion
As some of you may know, I'm working on making an up to date guide to all the missing characters and units for every faction that's as complete and high quality as I can get it. this is a list of the weirdest units I've come across in my research and i wanted to gauge what the communities opinion on them is and where they go, if they're even legit, if you'd like to see them, etc.

Basilisk

this is the only one i really need to know where it goes, its chaos i guess?

Shard Dragon (Dwarfs?)

apparently the dwarfs tamed these beasts

feral Spiders (Greenskins)

Bolt Tower (Norse Dwarf War Mammoth for the Dawi)

Augmented Rat Ogres

Incarnate of beasts (Beastmen?)

there are a fair few of these incarnates and was wondering what their deal is/who has their allegiance?

Zoats (Wood Elves?)

Succubus (are these woman in WHFB? also, they are slaanesh deamons right?)

Any feedback would be wonderful. (Feel free to add your own outlandish ones if you know of any and we can hopefully clarify them and add them to the pile of inclusions)

Comments

• yolordmcswagyolordmcswag Registered Users Posts: 3,802
    Basilisks are just wild beasts, they don't really belong to any faction. However dark elves and the warriors of chaos are the biggest monster tamers, so I imagine it would fit with them.

Succubus isn't really a thing in warhammer fantasy battle, although demonettes have a big overlap with how succubus are normally portrayed. The one in the picture is a dark eldar from warhammer 40K, not from fantasy.

Feral spiders was a unit from the storm of magic supplement where all forces could hire a wide variety of beasts and monsters to fight for them. They could be added to the greenskin roster, but I don't really see the need. Forest goblins and spiders have a strong relationship, and many forest goblins worship the spider god, who is the third most influental greenskin god after Gork and Mork.
  • SeanJeanquoiSeanJeanquoi Registered Users Posts: 3,413
    @yolordmcswag

I'm not exactly sure what they could offer either but I've heard people bring them up and I really want the greenskins to be fleshed out in multiple directions; one of those directions being the forest goblin/savage jungle orc tribes like the blue vipers.

I'm not sure what units they could add for that forest/jungle side of the roster without making stuff up though.
  • Vanilla_GorillaVanilla_Gorilla Registered Users Posts: 29,863
    Dwarfs absolutely should not get a monster. They have an entire cult devoted to slaying them.
    "There's no fun in picking on the weak. If you must, go for the mountain high, the language most foreign, target the strong." - Kenny Florian

"Under construction" - Becky, daughter of Guanyin.

"I like small words" - Winsy C

Forum Terms & Conditions

I am The Beast, Son of Guanyin, The one who beasts 25 hours a day, 8 days a week, The Vanilla Gorilla, Conqueror of Mountains, purveyor of wisdom, Official forum historian, Master Tamer of energy, the one they fear to name, Beastradamus

• WyvaxWyvax Registered Users Posts: 4,954
    edited August 2019
    Basilisk and the Incarnate Elementals are from the Monstrous Arcanum, Shard Dragons may or may not be as well, I don't remember. Augmented Rat Ogres were part of a Moulder White Dwarf or Citadel Journal entry and the thematic precursors to Stormfiends. The Dwarf Mammoth platform is just a fun kit bash, there's an image of one with a Gyrocopter platform out there somewhere. Zoats were GW's first attempt at an original race before Fimir, they're secretive mages and similar to the Forest Spirits and Lizardmen in being guardians of the natural order; there's some minor association between them and the Wood Elves as well as Albion I think, though I might be mistaken on the latter. Succubi aren't a thing in Warhammer other than daemonettes, and that picture looks like a Drukhari from 40k.
    Tomes read: The Great Betrayal, Master of Dragons, Curse of the Phoenix Crown, Trollslayer, Skavenslayer, Daemonslayer, Dragonslayer, Beastslayer, Vampireslayer, Malekith, The Bloody Handed, Shadow King
    Me when I see a LL character implemented as a LH.

Bring naval battles to Warhammer CA!

• BRiiTASH2BRiiTASH2 Registered Users Posts: 554
    Wyvax said:

Basilisk and the Incarnate Elementals are from the Monstrous Arcanum, Shard Dragons may or may not be as well, I don't remember. Augmented Rat Ogres were part of a Moulder White Dwarf or Citadel Journal entry and the thematic precursors to Stormfiends. The Dwarf Mammoth platform is just a fun kit bash, there's an image of one with a Gyrocopter platform out there somewhere. Zoats were GW's first attempt at an original race before Fimir, they're secretive mages and similar to the Forest Spirits and Lizardmen in being guardians of the natural order; there's some minor association between them and the Wood Elves as well as Albion I think, though I might be mistaken on the latter. Succubi aren't a thing in Warhammer other than daemonettes, and that picture looks like a Drukhari from 40k.

Zoats are supposodely known to communicate with the Truthsayers of Albion, as well as other forest dwellers like the wood elves, you are correct.
  • MarkerMarker Registered Users Posts: 1,859
    edited August 2019
    I am all for this list, Specially Dwarves getting a Monster would make their Roster more interesting or Norsca getting a mobile Artillery

Dwarfs absolutely should not get a monster. They have an entire cult devoted to slaying them.

Shard dragon is a monstrous archanum thing where the dwarfs tamed these subterranean dragons. They still slay them but they keep some of them

@Marker the mobile artillery mammoth is for the dwarfs in karak adrak not Norsca (I know that wasnt made clear)
  • yolordmcswagyolordmcswag Registered Users Posts: 3,802

@yolordmcswag

I'm not exactly sure what they could offer either but I've heard people bring them up and I really want the greenskins to be fleshed out in multiple directions; one of those directions being the forest goblin/savage jungle orc tribes like the blue vipers.

I'm not sure what units they could add for that forest/jungle side of the roster without making stuff up though.

One unit they could add is gigantic(not gaint) spider riders. Gigantic spiders are bigger than giant spiders, but way smaller than an Arachnarok. They are around the size of a troll. In TT they were only mounts for goblin big bosses and warbosses, but they were so cheap that a goblin big boss on gigantic spider was not much more expensive than a demigryph knight. It was therefore possible to create units with them.
  • _Mad_D0c__Mad_D0c_ Registered Users Posts: 1,489

@yolordmcswag

One unit they could add is gigantic(not gaint) spider riders. Gigantic spiders are bigger than giant spiders, but way smaller than an Arachnarok. They are around the size of a troll. In TT they were only mounts for goblin big bosses and warbosses, but they were so cheap that a goblin big boss on gigantic spider was not much more expensive than a demigryph knight. It was therefore possible to create units with them.
    Same size like rotting prometheans?
  • DrownedHoundDrownedHound Registered Users Posts: 6,981

@yolordmcswag

Wouldn't mind a full Forest Goblin subfaction. Snagla as LL, unmounted Spear and Bow Forest Goblins, small spiders as warbeasts like hounds, gigantic spider riders as monstrous cavalry, and the web catapult for arachnaroks

@yolordmcswag

Wouldn't mind a full Forest Goblin subfaction. Snagla as LL, unmounted Spear and Bow Forest Goblins, small spiders as warbeasts like hounds, gigantic spider riders as monstrous cavalry, and the web catapult for arachnaroks
    I dont think it should just be goblins, you could do jungle reskins for the savage orcs as well. this way factions like the araknarocs, the blue vipers, the leaf cutterz and so on could be far more interesting and unique, which would be great since the blue vipers tend to be a powerhouse.

add in Savage orc big bosses and Shamans and perhaps give boar boys a variant with a different mount that makes more sense for thick jungle and dense forest climates
  • _Mad_D0c__Mad_D0c_ Registered Users Posts: 1,489

@yolordmcswag

I dont think it should just be goblins, you could do jungle reskins for the savage orcs as well. this way factions like the araknarocs, the blue vipers, the leaf cutterz and so on could be far more interesting and unique, which would be great since the blue vipers tend to be a powerhouse.

add in Savage orc big bosses and Shamans and perhaps give boar boys a variant with a different mount that makes more sense for thick jungle and dense forest climates
    Savage orc warthog rider, nice.

Yeah more variants and full fleshed ot savage orcs and forest goblins would be nice.