Welcome

Please register for Total War Access to use the forums. If you're an existing user, your forum details will be merged with Total War Access if you register with the same email or username. For more information please read our FAQ’s here.

Categories

Dwarf: Countering 'ghost' jezails?

tkoshy686tkoshy686 Posts: 9Registered Users
Hello all,

In this community's experience what is the best methof for countering the 'ghost' warplock jezzails? I've tried manually targeting them with arty, rushing them or even detaching units to flank them - but nothing seems to work.

What would be the community's best counter to the 'ghost' jezzails?

Thank you for your time.

Comments

• AristodemosIIAristodemosII Posts: 111Registered Users
    I can tell you but you wont like it.

They snipe everything in their way. Infantry, cavalry, monsters, chariots, even foot lords all get destroyed hard.

The best way to deal with them is to dodge them until they're out of ammo and to wait until CA finally nerfs them.
    Common sense applies.
  • crazycakemancrazycakeman Posts: 172Registered Users
    Gyrocopters perhaps? I dont like dwarves because static, defensive playstyles dont suit me, but I'd assume throwing a unit of gyrocopters into melee to kill them might be the way to go?
  • CrossilCrossil Posts: 4,316Registered Users
    edited August 10
    Flyers. If their melee is tied up you can even melee attack them with flyers, just to disrupt them until your grindy infantry gets in on them.

Otherwise, rangers vanguard deployed with stalk can circumvent the rest of the enemy army entirely.
    UNLEASH THE EVERCHARIOT
  • Commissar_GCommissar_G Senior Member Posts: 10,031Registered Users
    You can attack ground with artillery using alt + right click (I think) if any above mention method fails.
    "As a sandbox game everyone, without exception, should be able to play the game exactly as they see fit and that means providing the maximum scope possible." - ~UNiOnJaCk~
  • UagrimUagrim Posts: 601Registered Users

Gyrocopters perhaps? I dont like dwarves because static, defensive playstyles dont suit me, but I'd assume throwing a unit of gyrocopters into melee to kill them might be the way to go?

The gyros would loose and unless you can tie up the remaining units you don't rely achive much.

But best way to go is go wide and don't give them a good target, a runelord is difficult to hit in a unit of dwarf warriors.

You can attack ground with artillery using alt + right click (I think) if any above mention method fails.

Don't think that will hit good enough.
  • Ephraim_DaltonEphraim_Dalton Senior Member Posts: 20,405Registered Users
    Ground attack deals with them handily.

• angry_rat_loverangry_rat_lover Posts: 733Registered Users
    right click one of your units into the jezzails, thats it
    Soon
  • UagrimUagrim Posts: 601Registered Users

42 MD

Its not gonna go to well unless you take hammerers

Not to mention the Ror having snipe and stalk
  • ArizonaBlack1ArizonaBlack1 Posts: 247Registered Users
    Uagrim said:

42 MD

Been awhile since I got on but do they really have 42 MD? That’s very high for a gun platform that’s so big they need 2 rats to carry it
  • Ephraim_DaltonEphraim_Dalton Senior Member Posts: 20,405Registered Users
    Uagrim said:

42 MD

They fall to all the artillery counters in practice. Having so few models means every model gets hit by a lot of units at once.

• MarkerMarker Posts: 912Registered Users
    U could use flying units,
    Stalk units ( like the Rangers )
    Vanguard units
    Use the Terrain of the map in your advantage ( Trees and Hills )
    Use their army as a wall between since they don't fire in an Arc I believe and Dwarves are short.
    Use artillery that shoots in an Arc like the Catapult and is anti-infantry.
  • MasariusMasarius Senior Member Posts: 586Registered Users
    Uagrim said:

42 MD

Hm no? They have 22 MD by default (+8 if health above 50%). The real problem is their silver shield and 70 armor. Which means you need armor piercing if you want to shot them quickly.
    Till shade is gone,
    till water is gone,
    into the Shadow with the teeth bared,
    screaming defiance with the last breath,
    to spit into Sightblinder's eye on the Last Day