Welcome

Please register for Total War Access to use the forums. If you're an existing user, your forum details will be merged with Total War Access if you register with the same email or username. For more information please read our FAQ’s here.

Categories

SolvedCrash on campaign load (Curse of the vampire coast)

PureArgonianPureArgonian Posts: 3Registered Users
edited August 13 in Crashes
Hi, I have a problem with a DLC that I just brought. Every time I try to load into the Curse of the vampire coast DLC, the beginning cut-scene plays and then it crashes after loading. I tried disabling mods and also verifying the integrity of the files, but so far no luck. Anyone got any solutions? I should mention that the game was working fine before I brought the DLC.

Thanks.
Post edited by BillyRuffian on
Tagged:

Comments

• PureArgonianPureArgonian Posts: 3Registered Users
    I found some other solutions and it worked for a short while. But now I experience heavy bugs in the campaign (the screen goes black, then it crashes after going into a battle auto-resolve or manual)
  • NaonatNaonat Posts: 1Registered Users
    edited August 13
    It´s also happening to me.

I´m playing a lot this summer and don´t stop getting this annoying crash to desktop thing after loading the campaign or entering a battle; even in the middle of something in the campaign map. I tend to do some things after getting it: verifying steam cache, change graphic settings, delete temporal files, turn off the antivirus and any unnecessary process that´s running... and eventually, I end up being able to play without problems for hours.

Try that things I commented. Good luck mate!

• PureArgonianPureArgonian Posts: 3Registered Users
    Finally fixed it! It was due to windows firewall, you have to add the programs to your exception list and then ensure that both "private" and "public" domain are active! Thanks for the help Naonat, I did try those solutions but it still didn't seem to work.
  • BillyRuffianBillyRuffian Moderator UKPosts: 36,155Registered Users, Moderators, Knights
    Good to hear you fixwd it. I'll mark the matter Solved.

"He uses statistics as a drunken man uses lamp-posts - for support rather than illumination." (Andrew Lang)

|Takeda| Yokota Takatoshi

Forum Terms and Conditions: - https://forums.totalwar.com/discussion/172193/forum-terms-and-conditions#latest

"We wunt be druv". iot6pc7dn8qs.png

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file