Welcome

Please register for Total War Access to use the forums. If you're an existing user, your forum details will be merged with Total War Access if you register with the same email or username. For more information please read our FAQ’s here.

Categories

WOC and Chaos Gods Mechanic

ferhatferhat Registered Users Posts: 13
edited August 2019 in General Discussion
Hi fans,
After playing 10 WOC campaigns ( modded most of the time) I realized since as a mechanic diplomacy is not part of their of style they need a substitute mechanic. Something else to do in between razing a gazillion settlements. I love the horde campaign play by the way.

I remember in lore chaos gods are heavily involved in their everchosens’ life. So why not a god interaction mechanic where you get missions to gain favour of particular gods. The rewards will be lord buffs and items such as unique weapons and armours. The buffs will be permanent since it’s bestowed upon you.

However gaining favour with a particular god angers the others so you have to deal with an opposing chaos god aligned army or armies coming at you. This could be extended upon norsca’s God alignment mechanic. More than 3 levels of bars though like 5 or something.

To:dr it would be awesome to have a mechanic where you do favours for gods with missions given to you and you get permanent lord buffs and unique items such as armours and weapons. Doing favours for one god will anger the rest and there will be chaos god aligned armies sent to kill you.

Sorry for the wall of text

Comments

• GoatforceGoatforce Registered Users Posts: 5,166
    Don't worry, that is not really too wall-y :tongue:

But personally I think the Norsca alignment mechanic should be applied to individual Lords, with modifiers, mounts and Princedom earned as you increase dedication to a particular god. The god mounts should be easy to port over from Daemons when ready (I assume WoC rework will be game 3 anyway).

So you could have a Lord dedicated to Tzeentch messing with the empire on a Disk. Your first generic lord maybe has earned Daemon Princedom ravaging (in all meanings of the word) Ulthuan for Slaanesh and your Khornate Lord is close to earning a Juggernaught....
  • ferhatferhat Registered Users Posts: 13
    I liked that a lot. That would be amazing :)

We still need something for warhammer 2 chaos. We are still more than a year away from TWW3
  • BoombastekBoombastek Registered Users Posts: 2,121
    10 campaigns for horde factions that had OP units compare to most factions.

You are madness mother ****
  • Aram_theheadAram_thehead Registered Users Posts: 1,005
    A bit off topic, but what are your favourite mods for chaos campaigns?
    For spicing it up I’ve used shawmuscle’s chaos lords, horde benefits ( gives you vcoast style zero movement encampment stance) dryrain’s chaos skins, better behaved allies and other cosmetic stuff. Biggest impact here is the horde benefits mod. It certainly changes the way chaos plays.

Hey steam tells me I’ve played 3000 hours on warhammer 2 alone. It’s due to mods and the later dlcs that I enjoy this game beyond my comprehension LOL

• NyumusNyumus Registered Users Posts: 238
    ferhat said:

Hey steam tells me I’ve played 3000 hours on warhammer 2 alone. It’s due to mods and the later dlcs that I enjoy this game beyond my comprehension LOL

Yeah... Mods makes this game even more playable (hás 600h before using mods, getting close tô 1k now due to them).

About the Topic, I would love to see some mark mechanics, that allows your WoC tô change and become different (not only visual, stats and abbilities as well). Like, you gain favor with a certain god with a certain Lord, and all of that Lord army becomes marked by that God, giving them an extra. Khorne should buff up the melee stats, Slanesh could increase speed and add some debuffs tô enemy, Nurgle would makes them tankier and spread Poison and debuffs, Tzeentch gives them more Leadership and magical effects. Something like that, but better implemented
    Also, se should have 3 more WoC LL, one for each Chaos God, as currently we only have Sigvald for Slanesh, and nothing for others.