Welcome

Please register for Total War Access to use the forums. If you're an existing user, your forum details will be merged with Total War Access if you register with the same email or username. For more information please read our FAQ’s here.

Categories

Hinterlands of Kuresh will make a totally great TWWH3 Core Faction.

OdTengriOdTengri Posts: 3,124Registered Users
Hinterlands of Kuresh will make a totally great TWWH3 Core Faction.

I mean since we know Cathay is going to make it in to TWWH3 they are gonna need an enemy in far east and who better than a faction with literally less than a paragraph describing their existence.
Give us Doombull, Great Bray-Shaman, Wargor, and Tuskgor Chariot.

Comments

  • ZwirbaumZwirbaum Senior Member Posts: 365Registered Users
    "I mean since we know Cathay is going to make it in to TWWH3"

    Since when? :tongue:
  • OdTengriOdTengri Posts: 3,124Registered Users
    DUDE its so obvious because they are like really cool and stuff in their 4 paragraphs of lore and my future Wifu was made in China so we totally need Cathay or my soon to be sweetums [just ordered off Amazon] will be super sad. :'(
    Give us Doombull, Great Bray-Shaman, Wargor, and Tuskgor Chariot.

  • RikRiorikRikRiorik Posts: 6,500Registered Users
    The clue is in the name. How can anything become developed which by it’s own name is underdeveloped?
    Lord of the Undermountain and your friendly neighbourhood giant (Dwarf)
    Favourite campaigns: Clan Angrund, Followers of Nagash and the new Huntsmarshall’s Expedition
  • Federykx99Federykx99 Posts: 562Registered Users
    edited August 17
    Just to clarify, the OP has just had a half nervous breakdown on a Cathay speculation thread because he is unable to cope with other people's opinions on that thread, so he has decided to make a mock thread.

    Everyone has the right to create the thread he wants, but this fuss about a freaking game is pretty pathetic if you ask me.
  • RikRiorikRikRiorik Posts: 6,500Registered Users
    Mock threads make the world go round! Just not all the way around to Cathay presumably.
    Lord of the Undermountain and your friendly neighbourhood giant (Dwarf)
    Favourite campaigns: Clan Angrund, Followers of Nagash and the new Huntsmarshall’s Expedition
  • Federykx99Federykx99 Posts: 562Registered Users
    RikRiorik said:

    Mock threads make the world go round! Just not all the way around to Cathay presumably.

    That's probably true
  • dge1dge1 Moderator Arkansas, USAPosts: 18,653Registered Users, Moderators, Knights
    edited August 17
    Moved to TW Chat.
    "The two most common things in the universe are Hydrogen and Stupidity." - Harlan Ellison
    "The right to be heard does not automatically include the right to be taken seriously." - Hubert H. Humphrey
    "Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.” - George Carlin
  • Federykx99Federykx99 Posts: 562Registered Users
    edited August 17
    dge1 said:

    Moved to TW Chat.

    Yet another thread falls victim of the Cathayan conspiracy.

    Hide your children, they will not stop until everyone has been brainwashed into thinking MonoCathay is the only Wh3 core race!

    When will you tell us the truth ay? When!?
  • FungusHoundFungusHound Posts: 2,272Registered Users
    Why are mock threads suddenly being removed from the forums?

    We have had plenty of mock threads in the past.
  • AbmongAbmong Posts: 1,013Registered Users

    Why are mock threads suddenly being removed from the forums?

    We have had plenty of mock threads in the past.

    The mod are probably just fed up of them.

    Genuine discussions about Nippon, Ind, Khuresh as factions and units don't usually get removed to general chat. But using them to mock Cathay's "confirmed" wishful thinking status will.
    Total War: Warhammer IV - Cathay, Ind, Nippon, Khuresh (+ Lost Vampire Bloodlines, Monkey kingdom DLC) :#
  • Vanilla_GorillaVanilla_Gorilla Posts: 16,412Registered Users

    Why are mock threads suddenly being removed from the forums?

    We have had plenty of mock threads in the past.

    The "Chaos Dwarfs where is the love" thread is the all time best.

    Looks like we'll need to be more subtle in future. And by that I mean subtle period because this sure isn't.
    Game 3 must have variety in its core races. Ogres, Chaos Dwarfs, Kislev, and Demons of Chaos in its full iconic, glorious, undivided glory.
  • davedave1124davedave1124 Senior Member Posts: 4,117Registered Users
    If only these Cathay threads stated "Cathay confirmed!" These types of threads would look less whiny:

    How dare someone muse about the possible introduction of Cathay.. I'm so mad by the mere name "Cathay" I'll go through the trouble of making a thread about it..

    I'm beginning to think that if Cathay does get added I'm going to sit back and take in all the salt..
  • OdTengriOdTengri Posts: 3,124Registered Users
    @davedave1124

    I have a person I work with that thinks that everyone at work needs to wear a pronoun badge because they think they general public can't identify males and females. This very same person also believes that they can tell whether or not someone is disabled by looking at them.

    The cognitive dissonance for that is astounding. You @davedave1124 and others exhibit that level dissonance every discussion about how Cathay should be a Core faction for TWWH3.
    Give us Doombull, Great Bray-Shaman, Wargor, and Tuskgor Chariot.

  • davedave1124davedave1124 Senior Member Posts: 4,117Registered Users
    OdTengri said:

    @davedave1124

    I have a person I work with that thinks that everyone at work needs to wear a pronoun badge because they think they general public can't identify males and females. This very same person also believes that they can tell whether or not someone is disabled by looking at them.

    The cognitive dissonance for that is astounding. You @davedave1124 and others exhibit that level dissonance every discussion about how Cathay should be a Core faction for TWWH3.

    Me: I would like to see Cathay as a core/extra faction

    Your friend: People don't understand the difference between females and males without the use of a badge.
    Your friend: I can see disabled people on sight

    We are the same.


    Reread your argument, it appears to be faulty.
  • OdTengriOdTengri Posts: 3,124Registered Users
    Your arguing against Occam's Razor by proposing that Cathay is more likely/deserving to be Core than Kislev, DoW, or probably even Mono-Gods.

    Kislev - Had unit models with stats in Warhammer, Warmaster, White Dwarf.
    DoW - Had unit models with stats in Warhammer, Warmaster, White Dwarf.
    Cathay - Did not have unit models with stats.

    Kislev - Has Homelands in the initial scope of the TWWH Trilogy
    DoW - Has Homelands in the initial scope of the TWWH Trilogy
    Cathay - Does not have Homelands in the initial scope of the TWWH Trilogy

    Kislev - Has copious amounts of lore in TT Game Materials, Black Library Novels, Role Playing Supplements
    DoW - Has copious amounts of lore in TT Game Materials, Role Playing Supplements
    Cathay - Has a few paragraphs of lore despite decades of published materials.

    Cathay is cool, I think that Cathay is cool. That's not the problem, its you pretending that Cathay is more likely to be Core than either DoW or Kislev despite evidence to the contrary.

    Its your cognitive dissonance that's the problem.

    Also that person mentioned is not my friend, you just have poor reading comprehension.
    Give us Doombull, Great Bray-Shaman, Wargor, and Tuskgor Chariot.

  • davedave1124davedave1124 Senior Member Posts: 4,117Registered Users
    OdTengri said:

    Your arguing against Occam's Razor by proposing that Cathay is more likely/deserving to be Core than Kislev, DoW, or probably even Mono-Gods.

    Kislev - Had unit models with stats in Warhammer, Warmaster, White Dwarf.
    DoW - Had unit models with stats in Warhammer, Warmaster, White Dwarf.
    Cathay - Did not have unit models with stats.

    Kislev - Has Homelands in the initial scope of the TWWH Trilogy
    DoW - Has Homelands in the initial scope of the TWWH Trilogy
    Cathay - Does not have Homelands in the initial scope of the TWWH Trilogy

    Kislev - Has copious amounts of lore in TT Game Materials, Black Library Novels, Role Playing Supplements
    DoW - Has copious amounts of lore in TT Game Materials, Role Playing Supplements
    Cathay - Has a few paragraphs of lore despite decades of published materials.

    Cathay is cool, I think that Cathay is cool. That's not the problem, its you pretending that Cathay is more likely to be Core than either DoW or Kislev despite evidence to the contrary.

    Its your cognitive dissonance that's the problem.

    Also that person mentioned is not my friend, you just have poor reading comprehension.

    I'm not arguing against Occam's Razor. You see, when people reference it they usually think.. simple = right. That isn't exactly how we use it. if 2 hypotheses form the same results we choose the hypotheses with the least assumptions. Cathay over Kislev is not the same result, they are differing points of view with different outcomes.

    I should start going all 'Stewart Lee' and explaining every sentence with a further sentence to make sure people know exactly what I mean.

    The original thread stated "here's an argument for a possible Cathay inclusion". At no point did I say.. Cathay confirmed! No, I played devil's advocate as to why it could happen. It really wasn't something to get upset about.

    In reference to cognitive dissonance, how am I holding 2 contradictory ideas? My point was:

    3K was successful (twice as successful as Warhammer)
    This is due to the opening of the Chinese market
    I then added examples of companies changing aspects of their media creation to do better in the Chinese market
    I applied this idea to WHTW

    How is that cognitive dissonance?

    aww I'm sorry, are you not friends? It's not comprehension.. it's more to do with not being that concerned. I mean.. this is hardly a philosophy assignment is it?
  • Ingr8Ingr8 Posts: 244Registered Users
    dge1 said:

    Moved to TW Chat.

    Wish you'd do the same with the DoW threads.

    DoW is already in game 2 but people just keep harping on about them as another faction in game 3


    Yes, I damn well would!
  • WyvaxWyvax Posts: 1,913Registered Users
    To be honest if GW had continued to expand the lore and made more armybooks, the Serpent-nagas of Khuresh would have been awesome.
    Tomes read: The Great Betrayal, Master of Dragons, Curse of the Phoenix Crown, Trollslayer, Skavenslayer, Daemonslayer, Dragonslayer, Beastslayer, Vampireslayer, Malekith, The Bloody Handed

    It's T. rex, not T-Rex, you filthy casuals.
  • Vanilla_GorillaVanilla_Gorilla Posts: 16,412Registered Users
    Ingr8 said:

    dge1 said:

    Moved to TW Chat.

    Wish you'd do the same with the DoW threads.

    DoW is already in game 2 but people just keep harping on about them as another faction in game 3
    It's not.
    Game 3 must have variety in its core races. Ogres, Chaos Dwarfs, Kislev, and Demons of Chaos in its full iconic, glorious, undivided glory.
  • SerkeletSerkelet Member Posts: 350Registered Users
    This got me thinking on how short sighted GW business model is. They could have expanded the classic Warhammer Fantasy world and released a Cathay army book, and then try to sell them in China. Maybe they'd been very successful.
  • Ephraim_DaltonEphraim_Dalton Senior Member Posts: 20,680Registered Users
    Serkelet said:

    This got me thinking on how short sighted GW business model is. They could have expanded the classic Warhammer Fantasy world and released a Cathay army book, and then try to sell them in China. Maybe they'd been very successful.

    Nothing stops them from developing one for the AoS setting.

  • dge1dge1 Moderator Arkansas, USAPosts: 18,653Registered Users, Moderators, Knights
    My sensory perception is that a number of folks arguing about cognitive dissonance need to take a quick look at the Forum Terms & Conditions. Basic stuff I admit, but it is the basis by which discussion is permitted on the forum.

    'Nuff said?
    "The two most common things in the universe are Hydrogen and Stupidity." - Harlan Ellison
    "The right to be heard does not automatically include the right to be taken seriously." - Hubert H. Humphrey
    "Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.” - George Carlin
  • davedave1124davedave1124 Senior Member Posts: 4,117Registered Users
    dge1 said:

    My sensory perception is that a number of folks arguing about cognitive dissonance need to take a quick look at the Forum Terms & Conditions. Basic stuff I admit, but it is the basis by which discussion is permitted on the forum.

    'Nuff said?

    Don't get me wrong, I'm not a fan of being labelled as having cognitive dissonance, especially when it isn't applied correctly. but, what is the issue with it? is it deemed an insult or is it wrapped up with politics?

    Not a complaint in anyway - just interested.
Sign In or Register to comment.