Welcome

Please register for Total War Access to use the forums. If you're an existing user, your forum details will be merged with Total War Access if you register with the same email or username. For more information please read our FAQ’s here.

Categories

Next TW Saga Title

2»

Comments

• lilsweetcaligulalilsweetcaligula Posts: 282Registered Users
    Ha! Called it when I said "Bronze Age Collapse"! :p

My personal favorite Total War games chart:
    I. Attila
    II. Rome II
    III. Napoleon
  • davedave1124davedave1124 Senior Member Posts: 4,036Registered Users

I think this could be the formula for all historical games to counter the diversity of Warhammer.

Instead of a historical version of The 300 we will see a historical and film/fantasy version.

I would rather have a focused game where the primary and only mode is developed than lazily slapping a fantasy/realism mode. Records mode needs work in 3K and I don't want these easy bandaid fixes that only exist to please both fanbases.
    Do it properly or don't do it at all.
    I'm not sure adding a new mode could be described as lazy. I think they know they have to find that balance in terms of keeping historical and fantasy fans happy. If they receive feedback saying pure historic can't match up to WH then it's tough luck.
  • BreadboxBreadbox Posts: 780Registered Users
    Remember when the Saga is meant to placate the history fans? Those days are gone, We don’t know enough about the trojan war(if it even happened) for it to be anything but fantasy.

They could, however, expand the scope to encompass the whole of anatolia, middle east and the wider bronze age collapse, which would make the premise actually interesting.

I wonder whether they’ll try to emulate the Mycenaean greek look or simply copy paste classical hoplites like most popular depictions.
    It would be very refreshing to see Mycenaean soldier because by god I’ve seen enough damned hoplites to last me a lifetime.

There’s also the question of including ridiculous single man armies the likes of warhammer and 3K. Personally hated that, bad for immersion and even worse for gameplay. If they do, I hope the features wasn’t 100% tailored around fantasy mode like 3K is.
  • Ephraim_DaltonEphraim_Dalton Senior Member Posts: 20,404Registered Users
    What do they need placating? They got 3K.

• jamreal18jamreal18 Senior Member Posts: 8,584Registered Users
    edited August 12
    Now Total War has 3 Category

*History
    *Fantasy
    *Myth/Legend

-------------

This video is awesome!
    Check it out!

Post edited by jamreal18 on
  • BreadboxBreadbox Posts: 780Registered Users

What do they need placating? They got 3K.

Lol
  • gholingholin Member Posts: 1,096Registered Users
    neodeinos said:

Don't see much the interest in Troy, it would work better as a DLC for Rome 2 honestly. And I hope we won't get any "fantasy" elements, it's great for the fantasy fans but I really miss a purely historical title.

Totally different time periods. Troy is in the bronze age.

As a saga game with the potential to use the larger than life hero characters of 3 kingdoms' romance mode and warhammer's fantasy stuff for Greek mythology, it could be a fantastic and fun total war game. I'm excited for it. I've always wanted a Total War game set during the trojan war.

You also have to remember, these saga games are smaller ventures. Thrones of Britannia could have been an Attila dlc, but it was its own game with its own units and new ideas.

This will be different enough from Rome 2.
  • MooskMoosk Posts: 5Registered Users
    I´ve heard the roumors about it and I honestly have to say if it is real, that I would instantly buy the game. If Achillies is a playable character and has these superhero abilities like in Three kingdoms it would be super epic. What would be great is that if he is fighting a duell that the soldiers around him would shout:" Achillies! Achillies! Achillies!" that would be so awsome. The last thing I want to say is that if he won a duell that he would say puns like:" is that really all?". I hope you guys like this idea the same way I do.
  • jamreal18jamreal18 Senior Member Posts: 8,584Registered Users
    Moosk said:

I´ve heard the roumors about it and I honestly have to say if it is real, that I would instantly buy the game. If Achillies is a playable character and has these superhero abilities like in Three kingdoms it would be super epic. What would be great is that if he is fighting a duell that the soldiers around him would shout:" Achillies! Achillies! Achillies!" that would be so awsome. The last thing I want to say is that if he won a duell that he would say puns like:" is that really all?". I hope you guys like this idea the same way I do.

The only time Achilles shall lost a battle is through his heel and there shall be animation to reflect that.