Welcome

Please register for Total War Access to use the forums. If you're an existing user, your forum details will be merged with Total War Access if you register with the same email or username. For more information please read our FAQ’s here.

Categories

Pestilens possible update

GoatforceGoatforce Posts: 2,806Registered Users
Was reading Gotrek and Felix "Skavenslayer" last night, and the chapter on Pestilens gave me an idea.

I mean 1 is the obvious addition of a "workshop" for them, but this is more of a superweapon to add with it; "The Cauldron of 1000 Poxes". I also think it would likely be a really easy thing to add.

1: the really easy method would be just a "Plague" spell with maybe a significantly larger AoE and damage

2: a more interesting method, make it a large permanent malus you can drop on the battle map (at least till the battle is over) that does DoT to stuff inside it as well as maybe imbueing poison and contaminated (perhaps except for Plague Monks, Priests PlagueClaw Crews and also Undead). This would provide the first real area denial tool which would be cool imo.

Either way it should be upgradable in the workshop, like the doomrocket for more damage, effects etc.

Comments

• WyvaxWyvax Posts: 1,759Registered Users
    Maybe as an undercity building option, a big weapon like Ikit's warpbombs.

On that note both Skaven and Nurgle plagues need buffs to be effective and worthwhile campaign mechanics.
    Tomes read: The Great Betrayal, Master of Dragons, Curse of the Phoenix Crown, Trollslayer, Skavenslayer, Daemonslayer, Dragonslayer, Beastslayer

It's T. rex, not T-Rex, you filthy casuals.
  • GoatforceGoatforce Posts: 2,806Registered Users
    Wyvax said:

Maybe as an undercity building option, a big weapon like Ikit's warpbombs.

On that note both Skaven and Nurgle plagues need buffs to be effective and worthwhile campaign mechanics.

Completely agree, I don't know if in 1000 hours I have ever really seen a plague used by the AI.

At least if pestilens gets this I imagine the best way to get the workshop resources for its upgrades would be starting plagues.
  • BiesBies Junior Member Posts: 1,628Registered Users
    @Goatforce
    did you enjoy, reading the book?

I plan to buy next month Elfslayer

"I shivered at the sight of her - her beauty far beyond that of mortal man. But her soul glowed with an inner darkness that chilled my very core."

Bies said:

@Goatforce
    did you enjoy, reading the book?

I plan to buy next month Elfslayer

I have enjoyed it thanks! Currently part way through the Moulder chapter, finished the Pestilens one last night which gave me this idea. Had no idea that there was so much G&F until I looked into it recently!

Prefered it to Trollslayer, though I enjoyed that too, just because of the hilarity of the Skaven.
  • HarlecHarlec Posts: 281Registered Users
    I love the novels too but i think that is covered with the plague priest rite.
  • davedave1124davedave1124 Senior Member Posts: 3,908Registered Users
    I wonder if we could further combine the main Skaven factions further, like Stormfiends being created through a Throt and Ikit partnership, units and weapons could be created through Throt and Pestilens combining assets (which is lore friendly).

Secondly, there are a lot of Skaven RoRs which are part of the many minor clans that are controlled by Clan Pestilens. Despite disease being the clans main weapon the fact that they control many clans isn't well known. This could be part of a further mechanic for them.
    Harlec said:

I love the novels too but i think that is covered with the plague priest rite.

True, but I was thinking about ways to give Pestilens some parity with Skyre, Pestilens would make sense to have a "super weapon" like Skyre does.

Perhaps they can get an under-empire building that has a chance to start a plague every turn too, giving pestilens more ways to do it.
  • RazmirthRazmirth Posts: 2,143Registered Users
    Goatforce said:

Was reading Gotrek and Felix "Skavenslayer" last night, and the chapter on Pestilens gave me an idea.

I mean 1 is the obvious addition of a "workshop" for them, but this is more of a superweapon to add with it; "The Cauldron of 1000 Poxes". I also think it would likely be a really easy thing to add.

1: the really easy method would be just a "Plague" spell with maybe a significantly larger AoE and damage

2: a more interesting method, make it a large permanent malus you can drop on the battle map (at least till the battle is over) that does DoT to stuff inside it as well as maybe imbueing poison and contaminated (perhaps except for Plague Monks, Priests PlagueClaw Crews and also Undead). This would provide the first real area denial tool which would be cool imo.

Either way it should be upgradable in the workshop, like the doomrocket for more damage, effects etc.

Good idea for the cauldron. And what an awesome book and series!
  • TimpeyoTimpeyo Posts: 832Registered Users
    Really interesting ideas and would add somthing a bit more unique to them, I like the second choice the best. Would make such a fun battle