Welcome

Please register for Total War Access to use the forums. If you're an existing user, your forum details will be merged with Total War Access if you register with the same email or username. For more information please read our FAQ’s here.

Categories

Old Friends: Red Duke and Boris

ConradToskanConradToskan Registered Users Posts: 230
I'm calling it now. Both LLs are in huge demand and both have finished models and animations. Both would give new starting locations (Red Duke may be a bit close to Kemmler thou) to old factions.

All that is missing are Quest Battles, Magical Items and maybe some Faction Mechanics (I expect nothing too fancy, but maybe something that works in tandem with the Empire Rework).

What do you think?

Comments

• Infinite_MawInfinite_Maw Registered Users Posts: 1,531
    With Markus Wulfhart, and the whole empire rework coming up. Boris Todbringer is very likely.
  • CrossilCrossil Registered Users Posts: 7,951
    And unique voicelines.

If only...if only...

UNLEASH THE EVERCHARIOT

• ScreamimgEnvyScreamimgEnvy Registered Users Posts: 355
    No. They have to be added as part of the DLC since they are already in the game.

Keep the Old Friends slots for someone else.
    Team Monogods - Team Nurgle

• NariacNariac Registered Users Posts: 248
    Crossil said:

And unique voicelines.

If only...if only...

Tbh I'm so used to the way Boris sounds now that if his voice changed it'd feel weird.
  • SeanJeanquoiSeanJeanquoi Registered Users Posts: 2,960
    That would be one of the most ideal situations.

Red Duke and Toddbringer as old friends.

Wulfhart VS Lizardmen or Wulfhart as FLC

If Wulfhart is FLC then we could get Theodore Grausser, Emil Vaulger or some other Ulrican leader who can bring in the ulrican units.

If Markus is FLC then it could be Ulrican faction VS Throt the Unclean
  • FinishingLastFinishingLast Registered Users Posts: 4,339

No. They have to be added as part of the DLC since they are already in the game.

They have to be a part of the paid DLC because they are already in the game? The fact they are already in makes them far more likely as a free update than a paid one.
    Later
  • ScreamimgEnvyScreamimgEnvy Registered Users Posts: 355

They have to be a part of the paid DLC because they are already in the game? The fact they are already in makes them far more likely as a free update than a paid one.
    They can be added as a free update. Not as a FLC. There's no need to waste a FLC slot for something that is already in the game and can be easily converted into playable Legendary Lords, with a simple game-update.

Team Monogods - Team Nurgle

• AIMA_DracklorAIMA_Dracklor Registered Users Posts: 4,448
    The old friends name doesnt really make sense then

They can be added as a free update. Not as a FLC. There's no need to waste a FLC slot for something that is already in the game and can be easily converted into playable Legendary Lords, with a simple game-update.

Okay. I view "free update" and "FLC" as interchangeable.
    Later
  • GradenGraden Senior Member Registered Users Posts: 681
    edited August 2019
    Yeah, they are by far one of the most wanted lords since the first game. Countless threads and posts here and on reddit. I even remember a post by CA acknowledge our constant demand for Middenland back then.
    They are definitely coming. They must. Boris especially.
  • eomateomat Junior Member Registered Users Posts: 1,539

I think in relation to us they are the old friends in this context. Not to each other.

If it is Boris and I hope it is, I hope he gets a new gruff voice, unique Ulric shield and has his Middenland colour on his uniform made permanent.

We also need Teutogen Guard, KotWW and Knights Panther with the Celestial Hurricanum.
  • ConradToskanConradToskan Registered Users Posts: 230

Well, they are not friends with each other. This is true.

But maybe old friends means that they are friends to us? That way it would make a lot of sense.

---

To the "Old Friends" slot: We don't decide what will fill it. In fact CA has definitly already decided what will be the FLC content.
    We can only speculate and this is in my mind one of the more likely options.

We will see soon enought.
  • ArsenicArsenic Registered Users Posts: 5,736
    An update and DLC/FLC for TWW2 that is mostly full of updates and new units for Old World races seems a bit unlikely to me.

"Ours is a world of fleeting glory. But it is glory, nonetheless."
  • CanuoveaCanuovea Registered Users, Moderators Posts: 14,241
    Lets be careful folks. Remember the last time people assumed "An Old Friend" referred to the Toddlerbringer?
    -Forum Terms and Conditions: https://forums.totalwar.com/discussion/172193/forum-terms-and-conditions#latest
    -Using all caps is the equivalent of shouting. Please don't.
    -The "Spam" flag is not a "disagree" flag. Have a care.
    -...No, no the "Abuse" flag isn't a "disagree" flag either!
    -5.7 Summon a moderator if someone seems to be out of line, or use the report button. Do NOT become another party to misbehaviour
    Canuovea said:

Lets be careful folks. Remember the last time people assumed "An Old Friend" referred to the Toddlerbringer?

It turned out to be absolutely right and everyone got exactly what they wanted with no complaints? Yeah, I do remember that too.
    Later
  • Unknown6203Unknown6203 Registered Users Posts: 1,310
    I would prefer Boris only better fleshed out, i don't care for the Red Duke because i am tired of playing Vampires bot the blood suckers and the wet ones.... finished all campaigns whit them so tired of them.... Empire on the other hand NEEDS the new lord its to bland.
  • CrossilCrossil Registered Users Posts: 7,951
    Canuovea said:

Sshhhh. Don't interrupt the forumers as they fall into the trap of hope yet again. Just observe CA's brilliance as they yet again hunt their prey.

UNLEASH THE EVERCHARIOT

• GradenGraden Senior Member Registered Users Posts: 681
    edited August 2019
    Canuovea said:

That's precisely the reason I am so confident this time. CA knew back then that we thought Boris was the Old Friend for months. Obviously we were wrong, but they couldn't say anything about it until the reveal. This time though, they will do it right, they will not fail our hype again because they learned. And they will bring the Red Duke with him.

By the way yeah, they are not Old Friends with each other, but they are our Old Friends, since the first game. Our wanted lords that we never got the chance to play on campaign despite the constant demand. Now CA will deliver.

Think about it, it makes perfect sense.
  • zinsncabszinsncabs Registered Users Posts: 791
    So my thinking is that the DLC will pit Throt and Clan Moulder units against Markus Wulfhart and Middenland’s Ulrican units. The “old friends” FLC will be Boris and the Red Duke as many have speculated. As @eomat suggests, the old friends in this case are our old friends.

Personally - this sounds groovy to me.
    TEARS FOR THE SALT GOD !!! MODS FOR THE BUTHURT !!!
  • Infinite_MawInfinite_Maw Registered Users Posts: 1,531
    edited August 2019
    Canuovea said:

To be honest thoug this newest of "old friends", and the previous "old friend" wasn't so bad as long as we get new Warhammer characters. We were all still happy to see Krell again, even if Boris didn't make it. If the old friends is Gotrex and Felix then that is way worth it over Boris IMO
  • CanuoveaCanuovea Registered Users, Moderators Posts: 14,241
    edited August 2019

Canuovea said:

To be honest thoug this newest of "old friends", and the previous "old friend" wasn't so bad as long as we get new Warhammer characters. We were all still happy to see Krell again, even if Boris didn't make it. If the old friends is Gotrex and Felix then that is way worth it over Boris IMO
    Oh yeah, we still got stuff, which was great. I just hope people don't become married to their expectations too strongly.
    -Forum Terms and Conditions: https://forums.totalwar.com/discussion/172193/forum-terms-and-conditions#latest
    -Using all caps is the equivalent of shouting. Please don't.
    -The "Spam" flag is not a "disagree" flag. Have a care.
    -...No, no the "Abuse" flag isn't a "disagree" flag either!
    -5.7 Summon a moderator if someone seems to be out of line, or use the report button. Do NOT become another party to misbehaviour
  • PatriksevePatrikseve Member Registered Users Posts: 1,859
    edited August 2019
    If they ever introduce the red duke I hope they make him a bretoonian LL. Essentially have a twisted dark counterpart of the Bretoonian quest system and moore. Also Bretoonian themed skeletons like one of the reskin mods introduced that looked dashing.

• angry_rat_loverangry_rat_lover Registered Users Posts: 1,206
    Hopefully not, more vampire counts content is a big no for me
    Soon

Eh, content is content. And I get especially annoyed at half-baked content which is what Red Duke and Boris are at the moment.
    Later
  • ArsenicArsenic Registered Users Posts: 5,736

Eh, content is content. And I get especially annoyed at half-baked content which is what Red Duke and Boris are at the moment.
    I always considered them as little flavour rewards for completing mini-campaigns more than "content" in their own right.

But admittedly I'm not that interested in either character, if you are it must be frustrating to see them there, but unplayable.
    "Ours is a world of fleeting glory. But it is glory, nonetheless."
  • forthekey67forthekey67 Registered Users Posts: 86
    Graden said:

Canuovea said:

That's precisely the reason I am so confident this time. CA knew back then that we thought Boris was the Old Friend for months. Obviously we were wrong, but they couldn't say anything about it until the reveal. This time though, they will do it right, they will not fail our hype again because they learned. And they will bring the Red Duke with him.

By the way yeah, they are not Old Friends with each other, but they are our Old Friends, since the first game. Our wanted lords that we never got the chance to play on campaign despite the constant demand. Now CA will deliver.

Think about it, it makes perfect sense.
    I think this is correct (though maybe I'm underestimating how much CA enjoys trolling the community).
  • theedge634theedge634 Senior Member Registered Users Posts: 1,788
    edited August 2019
    You have to feel like it's either this or it's Gotrek and Felix. Either one is fine. But it's worth noting that it's hard to imagine a good way to incorporate Gotrek and Felix as playable right now.

• DaGangsterDaGangster Junior Member Registered Users Posts: 1,287
    edited August 2019
    Im fine with them not being added if we get something else instead. If boris and red duke had more unique skills and items I think they are fine as pseudo-LL's.

Team Vampire Counts

"Many players cannot help approaching a game as an optimization puzzle. What gives the most reward for the least risk? What strategy provides the highest chance – or even a guaranteed chance – of success? Given the opportunity, players will optimize the fun out of a game."

- Soren Johnson
  • jamreal18jamreal18 Senior Member Registered Users Posts: 9,563
  • Nexter3CZNexter3CZ Registered Users Posts: 45
    I just dont want LM or SK ll lord they had their dlc recently, also they are not intresting for me personally