Welcome

Please register for Total War Access to use the forums. If you're an existing user, your forum details will be merged with Total War Access if you register with the same email or username. For more information please read our FAQ’s here.

Categories

Where are my Estalians?

Nihil515Nihil515 Registered Users Posts: 150
So we have humans in the new world and they are not Estalians? Why? Where is Pirazzo?

Well, I guess it doesn't mind because in the LORE Pirazzo is Tilean, even if the historical character in which is based (Francisco Pizarro) was Spanish.

I guess Estalian will never be a faction so I just want to cry in front of CA and all of you.
Tagged:

Comments

• TheGuardianOfMetalTheGuardianOfMetal Senior Member Registered Users Posts: 14,687
    Sold by CA to get the Lizardmen their Dread Saurian.
    #RIP BORIS! KILLED BY CA AND GW WITH SHORTSIGHTED CRUELTY JUST TO SHOVE KOSTALTYN DOWN OUR THROATS!

The Empire still hasn't gotten their FLC LL. We need Marius Leitdorf of Averland!

Where is Boris Todbringer? Have you seen him? For a Middenland DLC with Boris and the Ar-Ulric!

Every wrong is recorded. Every slight against us, page after page, ETCHED IN BLOOD!

Queek could smell their hatred, ratcheted to a degree that even he could not evoke in their simple hearts. He stepped over the old orange-fur’s body, eager to see for himself what it was they saw. But he heard it first.
    'Waaaaaaaggh! Gorfang!'
  • Arthas_MenethilArthas_Menethil Senior Member Registered Users Posts: 6,989
    They've been put down for some Heresy involving an *Angel*. Don't know why the Empire let one of their experimental devices out there.
    So...the Light's vaunted justice has finally arrived. Shall I lay down Frostmourne and throw myself at your mercy, Fordring?

• DaGangsterDaGangster Junior Member Registered Users Posts: 1,646
    DoW could still be the preorder dlc, its not like he is starting in the new world colonies.

Team Vampire Counts

"Many players cannot help approaching a game as an optimization puzzle. What gives the most reward for the least risk? What strategy provides the highest chance – or even a guaranteed chance – of success? Given the opportunity, players will optimize the fun out of a game."

- Soren Johnson
  • OdTengriOdTengri Registered Users Posts: 6,411
    Just found Equix's Alt Account....

Que the angles.
  • 55JoNNo55JoNNo Registered Users Posts: 1,915
    To rub it in further, Wulfhart stole the colour scheme for his troops.

Bohemond for game 3 please!

• brago90brago90 Registered Users Posts: 1,090
    In that type of things it shows a little, the bad **** that England has with Spain (and vice versa being realistic ...) Estalia is supposedly the faction with the best human infantry of Warhammer and yet all the characters inspired by Spain have been added to Tilea.
    But ultimately it doesn't matter since Estalia and Tilea are essentially the same since much of Tilea's infantry is contracted to Estalia and they are essentially 2 sides of the same coin.
    Since Tilea represents the Italy of Florence where money reigns and Da Vinci prospered thanks to the great promotion of science and art by the Florentines.
    While Estalia represents the Spain and Italy of Rome where religion has great strength and importance and military and religious wealth is much more encouraged.

Likewise if one day they decide to develop the southern realms I will be happy.
  • Nihil515Nihil515 Registered Users Posts: 150
    brago90 said:

In that type of things it shows a little, the bad **** that England has with Spain (and vice versa being realistic ...) Estalia is supposedly the faction with the best human infantry of Warhammer and yet all the characters inspired by Spain have been added to Tilea.
    But ultimately it doesn't matter since Estalia and Tilea are essentially the same since much of Tilea's infantry is contracted to Estalia and they are essentially 2 sides of the same coin.
    Since Tilea represents the Italy of Florence where money reigns and Da Vinci prospered thanks to the great promotion of science and art by the Florentines.
    While Estalia represents the Spain and Italy of Rome where religion has great strength and importance and military and religious wealth is much more encouraged.

I suggest that one time in this forum and haters almost eat me.
    It is obvious that there are historical, political and cultural ideas that somehow where projected by the creators of the LORE in the Warhammer World.

Black Legend Everywhere.
  • RikRiorikRikRiorik Registered Users Posts: 10,661
    They are sleeping with the fishes.

Ahem.

Flying with the Angels.
    Lord of the Undermountain and your friendly neighbourhood giant (Dwarf)
    Favourite campaigns: Clan Angrund, Followers of Nagash and the new Huntsmarshall’s Expedition
    Nihil515 said:

brago90 said:

It is obvious that there are historical, political and cultural ideas that somehow where projected by the creators of the LORE in the Warhammer World.

Black Legend Everywhere.
    It is not something to be scandalized and I prefer not to extend the theme because it is easy for us to start talking about a design concept that is the result of the age of the work and people end up talking about politics and therefore violating the rules of the forum.

What matters is that the combination of the Spanish infantry, the inventions of Da Vinci and the Warhammer mercenaries can result in a very unique and fun faction that at some point will reach TW: Warhammer and when it does we will surely understand why It has been delayed so much.
    brago90 said:

Nihil515 said:

brago90 said:

Black Legend Everywhere.
    It is not something to be scandalized and I prefer not to extend the theme because it is easy for us to start talking about a design concept that is the result of the age of the work and people end up talking about politics and therefore violating the rules of the forum.

What matters is that the combination of the Spanish infantry, the inventions of Da Vinci and the Warhammer mercenaries can result in a very unique and fun faction that at some point will reach TW: Warhammer and when it does we will surely understand why It has been delayed so much.
    Last hope: The Preorder of Warhammer 3.
    However there are other candidates:
    Araby
    Kislev
    Albion (but it could be to similar in aparence to Norsca)

I bet Kislev will be a full race of Warhammer 3. So, the preorder is going to be Araby or Dogs of War.
  • BetoBotBetoBot Registered Users Posts: 247
    Nihil515 said:

brago90 said:

Black Legend Everywhere.
    remember the Bismarck quote: "spain must be the strongest country of the world... They have been trying to destroy theirselves for centuries and still they haven't succeed "..
  • SerkeletSerkelet Member Registered Users Posts: 461
    Nihil515 said:

brago90 said:

Nihil515 said:

brago90 said:

Black Legend Everywhere.

Araby
    Kislev

I bet Kislev will be a full race of Warhammer 3. So, the preorder is going to be Araby or Dogs of War.
    I have a strong feeling that it's going to be Araby.

I doubt that Estalia is even going to become a thing.
    Serkelet said:

Nihil515 said:

brago90 said:

Nihil515 said:

brago90 said:

Black Legend Everywhere.

Araby
    Kislev

I have a strong feeling that it's going to be Araby.

I doubt that Estalia is even going to become a thing.
    Estalia is for sure never going to be playable by official ways.
    The only posibility is New World Colonies, and as I said, probably they are going to say that they are Tileans.

Probably is going to be Araby because they have the Warmaster material, and looks more coherent as an thematical army. To much races mixed together in the Dog of War army book.
    Nihil515 said:

brago90 said:

Nihil515 said:

brago90 said:

Black Legend Everywhere.

Araby
    Kislev

I see more possibilities to see Araby as a preorder.

Southern realms / DoW with the theme of being mercenaries is easier to include in Warhammer 3 as DLC they simply have to be hired to defend X lands or look for X object for which they are going to gain a lot of money. With mercenaries everything is a matter of greed and that is easy to justify.

Kislev directly has a high probability of being a main faction for human/order inclusion.

Albion the truth is that I see its inclusion complicated however he is the representative of Celtic mythology and sweeping to home is something that in England likes very much. As proof of this, Bretonia was the only non-playable faction (in campaign) with its own units in launch. Anyway, if they decided to make it sure it would be interesting and for me, as someone who likes Celtic mythology, I would surely find it quite enjoyable.
  • PoorManatee6197PoorManatee6197 Registered Users Posts: 1,563
    BetoBot said:

Nihil515 said:

brago90 said:

Black Legend Everywhere.
    remember the Bismarck quote: "spain must be the strongest country of the world... They have been trying to destroy theirselves for centuries and still they haven't succeed "..
    That phrase is actually false, Bismarck never sayd that.

I'm spanish and i like tercios and all but honestly Estalia is in the bottom of my wanted races. Now some Estalian units as mercenaries for DoW (like duelists and "bandoleros gringos"), i could do that.
    #MakeDwarfsGreatAgain Josef Bugman, Thorek Ironbrow, Alrik Ranulfsson, Grimm Burloksson, Kazador Thunderhorn, Byrrnoth Grundadrakk, Malakai Makaisson, Gotrek Gurnisson, Garagrim, Dragon slayer, Deamon slayer, Doomseekers, Brotherhood of Grimnir, Giant slayers, Thunderbarge, Shieldbearer mount, Master brewer, Goblin Hewer, Norse dwarf war mammoth, Tractator engine, Rune golem, Shard dragon, proper Anvil of Doom, Ulther's dragon company, Lond Drong's slayer pirates, Everguard, Karak Varn, Karag Agrilwutraz, Silver Pinacle, Karag Dum, Karak Vlag, Kraka Dorden, Kraka Ornsmotek, Kraka Ravnsvake, Karak Vrag, Karak Azorn, Karak Krakaten.

All those missing things are grudges in the great book, is in your hand to settle them, CA. Khazukan kazakit-ha!
  • ArizonaBlack1ArizonaBlack1 Registered Users Posts: 280
    I think we need to wait til game 3 for TEB. I believe Ogres are a unique part of their mercenary armies and CA probably doesn’t want everyone getting their ogre fix prior to WH3.
  • DrownedHoundDrownedHound Registered Users Posts: 6,595
    I like how everyone is convinced that their favorite faction would be "so unique".
  • FinishingLastFinishingLast Registered Users Posts: 4,727

I like how everyone is convinced that their favorite faction would be "so unique".

My Empire Taxation and Land Zoning Office faction would be, too put it mildly, very so-so.
    SiWI: "no they just hate you and I don't blame them."

Thats because everybody has their own point of view, ideas and taste. Are you above your own ideas? Sorry for talking with you, oh Lord of Transcendence, Mr.Iluminated Guy who already achieve Nirvana.

I like how if I'm in support of DoW, someone like you would assume its my pet faction. Even though really I wan't DoW, Araby, Kislev all by the end of game 3, Cathay, Ind, Nippon, and Kuresh to be Core in Game 4 and several other factions to be added as well. Middenland, Monos, Cult of Pleasure, Skeggi, all come to mind.
  • CrajohCrajoh Member Registered Users Posts: 2,248
    OdTengri said:

I like how if I'm in support of DoW, someone like you would assume its my pet faction. Even though really I wan't DoW, Araby, Kislev all by the end of game 3, Cathay, Ind, Nippon, and Kuresh to be Core in Game 4 and several other factions to be added as well. Middenland, Monos, Cult of Pleasure, Skeggi, all come to mind.
    Yes Game 4 “the Far East “

Then my favourite Game 5 “the underworld “ consisting of the underground maps, integrated Magical forest, and the undersea
    Live your life and try to do no harm.

"I disapprove of what you say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it." Evelyn Beatrice Hall
    For Realz though, Game 5 would be Age of SHIGMAR
    OdTengri said:

For Realz though, Game 5 would be Age of SHIGMAR

I didn't discard that we would see in a few years a Total War: Age of sigmar.
    Hopefully not.
  • BonutzBonutz Registered Users Posts: 4,477
    I’ve been thinking more and more lately that the “Old Friends” are actually a FLC race. Southern Realms. Similar to Bretonnia in Game 1.
    I have come here to chew bubblegum and kick ass...and I’m all out of bubblegum.
  • KrunchKrunch Junior Member Registered Users Posts: 4,932

DoW, Kislev and Araby feel so screwed over at the moment.

It's not right to say they were screwed over, or to feel that way. They never had any sort of "right" to be in game, it was always just a hope. Admittedly it was a hope many people had but it was never guaranteed, you shouldn't feel robbed of anything. Besides I'd say at least one of those has a chance of making it in eventually, which one I can't say but probably Kislev.
    Bonutz619 said:

I’ve been thinking more and more lately that the “Old Friends” are actually a FLC race. Southern Realms. Similar to Bretonnia in Game 1.

Hahahaha! Funny!
  • BonutzBonutz Registered Users Posts: 4,477
    Nihil515 said:

Bonutz619 said:

Hahahaha! Funny!
    A man can dream lol
    I have come here to chew bubblegum and kick ass...and I’m all out of bubblegum.