Welcome

Please register for Total War Access to use the forums. If you're an existing user, your forum details will be merged with Total War Access if you register with the same email or username. For more information please read our FAQ’s here.

Categories

Gor-Rok may get his start position in Naggaroth

BiesBies Junior MemberSwedenRegistered Users Posts: 3,838

"I shivered at the sight of her - her beauty far beyond that of mortal man. But her soul glowed with an inner darkness that chilled my very core."

Tagged:

Comments

• General_HijaltiGeneral_Hijalti Registered Users Posts: 3,938
    No no no no no.
    He needs to Start in Itza.
  • NeodeinosNeodeinos Registered Users Posts: 11,887
    Boreal said:

No no no no no.

Don't mind that in Vortex but in ME it's already too crowded in Lustria.
    #JusticeForTzeentch
    #JusticeForMonogods
  • UagrimUagrim Registered Users Posts: 1,869
    neodeinos said:

Boreal said:

No no no no no.

Sadly but GorRok would mean Lizardmen would have a chance to hold their own home continent.
  • rafantomasrafantomas Registered Users Posts: 649
    Boreal said:

No no no no no.

This might not be important but I really like the yellow and white banner Itza has, replacing it for another would break my heart. Specially cause an ugly banner like the one the Greenskins have will still be there :(
  • UagrimUagrim Registered Users Posts: 1,869

Boreal said:

No no no no no.

This might not be important but I really like the yellow and white banner Itza has, replacing it for another would break my heart. Specially cause an ugly banner like the one the Greenskins have will still be there :(
    Why not have it be gor roks banner?
  • LabriaLabria Registered Users Posts: 1,936
    Gor-Rok will start in Itza for both campaigns. I am 100% sure about this.
    I'm curious who will be his first enemy. Maybe Dwarfs from Spine of Sotek?
    Dwarfs need Slayer Lord pack: https://imgur.com/x74HxxU
  • yolordmcswagyolordmcswag Registered Users Posts: 3,779

Boreal said:

No no no no no.

I don't think they would change his banner, since they would not change the faction name. The only times there has been a banner change is when a new faction is added, but Itza is a fitting faction for Gor-Rok already.
  • ZelnikZelnik Registered Users Posts: 516
    If I had to guess, Gor Rok would start in Itza for the ME campaign. Despite popular belief there is a lot of unclaimed space in south lustria. Multiple factions of NPC lizards, rats and dwarfs for him to expand west, then east to work with Tehenuhuan.

In vortex, his quest may very well be for the Star Stela, and have him located in Naggaroth. However, lizardmen to terribly up there. He may have the hardest Vortex campaign of them all.
  • rafantomasrafantomas Registered Users Posts: 649
    Uagrim said:

Boreal said:

No no no no no.

Why not have it be gor roks banner?
    Oh yeah would love that!
  • ASyrianASyrian Registered Users Posts: 811
    Labria said:

Ill remember you on this ;-)
    (Im pro Itza too but have a bad feeling)
  • FlyingWarPigWithPawsFlyingWarPigWithPaws Registered Users Posts: 820
    ASyrian said:

Labria said:

Ill remember you on this ;-)
    (Im pro Itza too but have a bad feeling)
    I can feel it too. Lets hope it won't be another obscure Naggaroth start.
    Ungrim is no longer homesick.
  • SakuraHeinzSakuraHeinz Junior Member Registered Users Posts: 3,232
    goddamnit, I hoped he would start in Itza, but now the hope is in decline :'(
  • SeanJeanquoiSeanJeanquoi Registered Users Posts: 3,413
    Could be. They may move him there in ME or something.

It'd be a bit of a shame to leave Itza Vacent but honestly I would much prefer we spread the Lizzy's out a bit more on the Campaign map. We wont get another chance to give them a new start position unless we get Oxyotl.
  • NyxilisNyxilis Registered Users Posts: 5,346
    To the people 100% sure about something. If CA hasn't in the last year showed you that 100% often ends up wrong, then you still have a lot to learn.
  • TWforumUN1989TWforumUN1989 Registered Users Posts: 221
    edited September 2019
    -
    Post edited by TWforumUN1989 on
  • UdorothUdoroth Registered Users Posts: 144
    Boreal said:

No no no no no.

Why?

A vast majority of the LM factions start in lustria fighting the same factions at the end of the day

Everyone here cheered that Nakai will be in Albion fighting norsca, Bretonnia, the empire dark elves etc

But Gor Rok HAS to start in Itza? Just because lore? Over Champaign variety for both LM and DE players?

• CrossilCrossil Registered Users Posts: 12,635
    I'm not convinced.

UNLEASH THE EVERCHARIOT

• LabriaLabria Registered Users Posts: 1,936
    I have two reasons why I am sure about Gor-Rok in Itza. We have to many Lizardmen LLs far from Lustria In Mortal Empires. Nakai in Albion, Kroq-Gar and Tiqtaq'To in Southlands.

For Vortex, we have big empty area if Central of Lustria, perfect space for Gor-Rok in Itza. Lord Mazdamundi and Tehenhauin are far from Center of Lustria.

Dwarfs need Slayer Lord pack: https://imgur.com/x74HxxU
  • RikRiorikRikRiorik Registered Users Posts: 10,661
    neodeinos said:

Boreal said:

No no no no no.

The crowded thing I will never understand how that is a problem. The aim of the game is still to wipe out other factions. Who then cares for who dies or when as long as the outcome is not always the same?

Blood for the Blood God. Skulls for the Skull Throne.
    Lord of the Undermountain and your friendly neighbourhood giant (Dwarf)
    Favourite campaigns: Clan Angrund, Followers of Nagash and the new Huntsmarshall’s Expedition
    edited September 2019
    @Labria

we also have an even bigger empty area for the Lizardmen, and a whole part of the map that is currently just dead.

that part would be West of Malekith and it could really do with something going on over there because currently Malekith and Khatep are the only ones who even see that part of the map (if they can be bothered)
  • FlyingWarPigWithPawsFlyingWarPigWithPaws Registered Users Posts: 820

@Labria

we also have an even bigger empty area for the Lizardmen, and a whole part of the map that is currently just dead.

that part would be West of Malekith and it could really do with something going on over there because currently Malekith and Khatep are the only ones who even see that part of the map (if they can be bothered)

As long as it doenst have to be Gorok. They could put a daemon faction there in game 3 or something.
    Ungrim is no longer homesick.
    edited September 2019
    @FlyingWarPigWithPaws

Gor-Rok could fit there quite Nicely.

Oxyotl could also.

there is already an abundance of Norsca and Chaos in the Area and there might be more in game 3, so a Lizardmen Lord could really help diversify the region.
  • WyvaxWyvax Registered Users Posts: 4,915
    That lore blurb also mentions him going to the Chaos Wastes and Mountains of Mourn. Neither are likely to be his starting position.

Gor-Rok is Itza's chief beatstick to wail on its foes. Itza is a ten slot city and racial capital of the Lizardmen in both maps. Putting him anywhere else makes no sense. Nakai is the far flung faction leader, at least in ME.
    Tomes read: The Great Betrayal, Master of Dragons, Curse of the Phoenix Crown, Trollslayer, Skavenslayer, Daemonslayer, Dragonslayer, Beastslayer, Vampireslayer, Malekith, The Bloody Handed, Shadow King
    Me when I see a LL character implemented as a LH.

Bring naval battles to Warhammer CA!

• NyxilisNyxilis Registered Users Posts: 5,346
    I would say it's not impossible. I've mentioned in a few other threads that Naggaroth has the issue of Ulthuan of being to much of the same, virtually empty, or full of factions we don't care about stomping as much. Given they've dropped two other lords up there with the barest excuse I wouldn't deny this outright.
  • gunner8521gunner8521 Registered Users Posts: 488
    I think Gor Rok Starting in Naggaroth or Ulthuan would be interesting. although very difficult since lizardmen don't do well in the cold. I'm just happy we are getting him.

What I would want in Naggaroth is a cross-game lord like the beastmen in the northwestern corner with a dark elf lord to try and fight it.
  • DraculasaurusDraculasaurus Registered Users Posts: 4,771
    It's entirely feasible that he'll start in two different places between the Vortex and ME.
  • Arthas_MenethilArthas_Menethil Senior Member Registered Users Posts: 6,989
    Gor-Roks head appears around 0:30 with a faction banner of Itza
    So...the Light's vaunted justice has finally arrived. Shall I lay down Frostmourne and throw myself at your mercy, Fordring?