Welcome

Please register for Total War Access to use the forums. If you're an existing user, your forum details will be merged with Total War Access if you register with the same email or username. For more information please read our FAQ’s here.

Categories

How works oil flask?

SirChalsSirChals Posts: 23Registered Users
I Saw in a Zerkovich Video, the new empire archer general. He gives some nice range habilities.
One of them is the oil flask, than in 70 meters gives +50% Flame weakness and -48% speed "when contact".
But its only in the moment of contact or its for a few secs?
The range is Short, but if its for a couple of secs that can be game changing in combination with flame sword.
Imagine, you charge a monster/charcter whith demigryphs for example and then spell flame sword. Then you throw that and the monster have -48% speed, 70% weak to fire, and you have flaming atacks and +20% weapon damage.
So basically, you do x2 damage and the unit cant scape, because of -48% speed.

This also can work in focus fire, in combination with the other hability that gives +30 recharge and fire damage. You can combine that with a fire ball (to impact and get extra 20% weak to fire) or pague of rust, and you delete the targe really easy.

Comments

• ystyst Posts: 6,069Registered Users
    edited September 4
    Frikking amazing. Go knights of the blazing sun

Didnt see it yet, likely just a simply debuff thats all. Fire resistance can go negative, so -48% means they take 48% more dmg.
    Post edited by yst on
    https://imgur.com/a/Cj4b9
    Top #3 Leaderboard on Warhammer Totalwar.
    Unit stats compare courtesy of Seal62 https://total-war-unit-compare.herokuapp.com/
  • SirChalsSirChals Posts: 23Registered Users
    Yes, blazing sung its a good combo.
    Also a simple firebowl can do 50% more damage with that hability.
  • sandercohensandercohen Posts: 171Registered Users
    Imagine the synergy between the oil flask, the passive from the bright wizard (-22 fire resistance I think), a fireball and a fire-infused lord (like Karl Franz on a deathclaw with a flaming item)
  • UagrimUagrim Posts: 659Registered Users

Imagine the synergy between the oil flask, the passive from the bright wizard (-22 fire resistance I think), a fireball and a fire-infused lord (like Karl Franz on a deathclaw with a flaming item)

Oil Flask is on the general so you would have to have an ally with franz and at that point you might go for something like a dread saurian with fire cloak.
  • ElectorOfWurttembergElectorOfWurttemberg Posts: 1,929Registered Users
    Same with Warrior Priest, Banner of the Eternal Flame.
    Faith, Steel and Gunpowder Bows
  • sandercohensandercohen Posts: 171Registered Users
    Uagrim said:

Oil Flask is on the general so you would have to have an ally with franz and at that point you might go for something like a dread saurian with fire cloak.
    Or, you know, just having him as a reinforcing army in mortal empires?
  • Black_PhillipBlack_Phillip Posts: 425Registered Users

Now imagine that on fire weak units like Tomb King lords.