Welcome

Please register for Total War Access to use the forums. If you're an existing user, your forum details will be merged with Total War Access if you register with the same email or username. For more information please read our FAQ’s here.

Categories

C.A., please remove faction cap on dread saurians.

Deep_echo_soundDeep_echo_sound Registered Users Posts: 601
They are very expensive.
So, please, it is very hard to get armies of so expensive units in large amount even by middle game. And, in the late game, nothing should limit army compositions. It is hard-earned gratification.

And, by the way, they sold D.L.C. to many gamers, including me.
So, just like with confederations for Nakai, you can change game in a more pro-freedom of gamers side. Thank you.

Comments

• warhydra1313warhydra1313 Registered Users Posts: 278
    wait faction cap?
    Team Hobgoblins,Team Ogre Kingdoms,Team Chaos Dwarfs,Team Nippon,Team Khuresh,Team Jade-Blood,#AlarielleIsNotMyEverqueen
  • ArizonaBlack1ArizonaBlack1 Registered Users Posts: 280
    Maybe for Mortal Empires but not Vortex. Having to fight an army of dread Saurians sounds horrible
  • GoatforceGoatforce Registered Users Posts: 7,453
    Has it been confirmed there's a cap? I didn't see that. I'm fine with it, will stop AI spamming it and they are extremely rare and should be treated as such (technically like the Steamr Tank). Maybe they could have put in an option, though there probably aren't enough super-units in the game (yet) to justify it.
  • nikamika12345nikamika12345 Registered Users Posts: 537
    edited September 2019
    Okey, im against if Ai spams Saurian 24/7 but as surprise build or if Ai gets too much gold...i dont see problem, like if Ai gets 5 Armies and one of them will be full saurian its fine for me. :)

Tbh i only encountered mass large unit Spam only once in my life, when Ai Spamed feral carnosaur :) it was very challenging and Fun battle,i really dont see what is your problem Here, Harder Battles=Better and more Fun Game.
  • Deep_echo_soundDeep_echo_sound Registered Users Posts: 601
    edited September 2019

Okey, im against if Ai spams Saurian 24/7 but as surprise build or if Ai gets too much gold...i dont see problem, like if Ai gets 5 Armies and one of them will be full saurian its fine for me.

It is fine for all of us, who are total war fans.
    But it is limit on the player. Which is the worst case scenario.
  • FinishingLastFinishingLast Registered Users Posts: 4,744
    So I haven't see this said anywhere that there is a cap to it. Is there any evidence that's the case?

I'm not personally against it. Giant monsters like that should be harder to obtain, but I haven't seen anyone say anything about caps outside of custom/multiplayer.
    SiWI: "no they just hate you and I don't blame them."
  • LordCommanderLordCommander Registered Users Posts: 2,656
    I've only seen the cap for MP. Source, OP?
    Just as a warning against making predictions- https://forums.totalwar.com/discussion/290416/time-to-admit-there-will-be-no-new-dlc-for-twwh-2#latest

Stung by people disagreeing with you? Try calling them shills and whiteknights, it's way easier than debating.
  • EarthDragonEarthDragon Registered Users Posts: 944
    There are so many political freedoms at risk, maybe you should take this energy and move it towards something useful and not act like every game needs to be a Minecraft Sandbox.

If you are looking for games with complete freedom, go get an old RPG builder. You were even free from any pre-written story.

Video Games are like Trains: Once set free from the tracks, they don't go anywhere
    edited September 2019
    Forum do not allow to post video even from you-tube without moderation. So it is on 2.12.37. From the last Nakai stream.
    Post edited by Deep_echo_sound on
  • ShiroAmakusa75ShiroAmakusa75 Senior Member Registered Users Posts: 34,001
    edited September 2019

Forum do not allow to post video even from you-tube without moderation. So it is on 2.12.37. From the last Nakai stream.

Wanna' bet?

Also, the more caps the merrier.

• Rolf1989Rolf1989 Registered Users Posts: 499
    You can increase the cap by additional buildings. So this is actual hard-earned gratification, unlike star dragon spam.
  • Vanilla_GorillaVanilla_Gorilla Registered Users Posts: 31,067
    So there's no cap then. Cool.
    "There's no fun in picking on the weak. If you must, go for the mountain high, the language most foreign, target the strong." - Kenny Florian

"I like small words" - Winsy C

Forum Terms & Conditions

I am The Beast, Son of Guanyin, The one who beasts 25 hours a day, 8 days a week, The Vanilla Gorilla, Conqueror of Mountains, purveyor of wisdom, Official forum historian, Master Tamer of energy, the one they fear to name, Beastradamus, Greater Demon of the Ogre Kingdoms, Teller of Truths, Enemy of Lies, Emperor of a lost Empire

• Federykx99Federykx99 Registered Users Posts: 562
    If it is really a hard cap a mod will remove it, so no worries.
    It is more of tomb kings style. But I do not want tomb kings play as lizardmen.

Even for tomb kings caps must be doubled in the late game. 2 level 5 monsters per building after all books of Nagash collected.
  • DaGangsterDaGangster Junior Member Registered Users Posts: 1,700
    edited September 2019
    I love the caps, one of the main reasons I use Grimhammer. No army in the TT was ever made of just elites, because it just makes no sense.

Team Vampire Counts

"Many players cannot help approaching a game as an optimization puzzle. What gives the most reward for the least risk? What strategy provides the highest chance – or even a guaranteed chance – of success? Given the opportunity, players will optimize the fun out of a game."

- Soren Johnson
  • TheWolfLordTheWolfLord Registered Users Posts: 89
    It was even said that you will still be able to create a full stack of Dread Saurian so I fail to see what the issue is here.

You can choose to play within the reasonable limits or can push for a late game doomstack of just Dread Saurians if you wish.
  • Greasus_GoldtoothGreasus_Goldtooth Registered Users Posts: 135
    They stated in the stream today that there will be a faction cap for dread saurians and dread saurians only. They also stated the cap was huge so you could in theory feeld a 20 unit army of them.
  • PoorManatee6197PoorManatee6197 Registered Users Posts: 1,732
    If you want total freedom go play minecraft in creative mode, what some of you seem to not understand is that the player NEEDS to be limited in some ways in order to have a satisfactory gaming experience.
    #MakeDwarfsGreatAgain Josef Bugman, Thorek Ironbrow, Alrik Ranulfsson, Grimm Burloksson, Kazador Thunderhorn, Byrrnoth Grundadrakk, Malakai Makaisson, Gotrek Gurnisson, Garagrim, Dragon slayer, Deamon slayer, Doomseekers, Brotherhood of Grimnir, Giant slayers, Thunderbarge, Shieldbearer mount, Master brewer, Goblin Hewer, Norse dwarf war mammoth, Tractator engine, Rune golem, Shard dragon, proper Anvil of Doom, Ulther's dragon company, Lond Drong's slayer pirates, Everguard, Karak Varn, Karag Agrilwutraz, Karaz Bryn, Karag Dum, Karak Vlag, Kraka Dorden, Kraka Ornsmotek, Kraka Ravnsvake, Karak Vrag, Karak Azorn, Karak Krakaten.

All those missing things are grudges in the great book, is in your hand to settle them, CA. Khazukan kazakit-ha!
  • NemoxNemox Registered Users Posts: 2,897
    The ideal situation would be CA adding some options at the Faction selection menu. Similar to the likes of Stellaris, but something that be upgraded as time goes on. Initially it could come with option for caps (With an exception to TK, obviously) on the top tier monsters.

It is some work, but TW is at its core a Sandbox game so this would complement the game well.

It is also what many hoped the Labratory-mode would end up being, and not the "Buy Intel!" it currently is :P.

They stated in the stream today that there will be a faction cap for dread saurians and dread saurians only. They also stated the cap was huge so you could in theory feeld a 20 unit army of them.

I need at least 200 of them. 10 in 20 stacks. Not just 1 stack.
    I will have 6 legendary lords who alone must be staffed with the best of the best.
    Where there's one cap

there can be more

Hope always dies last.

• TennisgolfbollTennisgolfboll Registered Users Posts: 11,188
    CA has added a unit cap to the campaign, that is interesting.
    It needs to be pointed out that what people call "cheese" is just playing the game the way it actually exists not in some fictional way they think it is supposed to work.
  • NinjasoupNinjasoup Junior Member Registered Users Posts: 147
    No real Cap, you can increase the amount of Dread Saurians from a building...build more buildings get more big Dino.
    Ninjasoup said:

No real Cap, you can increase the amount of Dread Saurians from a building...build more buildings get more big Dino.

That is still a cap.
  • SephlockSephlock Registered Users Posts: 2,818

Maybe for Mortal Empires but not Vortex. Having to fight an army of dread Saurians sounds horrible

Horribly fun!
  • RikRiorikRikRiorik Registered Users Posts: 11,030

I need at least 200 of them. 10 in 20 stacks. Not just 1 stack.
    I will have 6 legendary lords who alone must be staffed with the best of the best.
    You’re going to need one good HR department!
    Lord of the Undermountain and your friendly neighbourhood giant (Dwarf)

Ninjasoup said:

That is still a cap.
    Not in the way it's usually discussed. Most of the time when caps are discussed it's just a blanket hard cap. I'd hardly call it a cap when you can still build as many of something as you want. That's like saying we have caps now because you can't get a star dragon because you have to build their recruitment building first.

This just makes it a pre-requisite, not a hard, inflexible cap.

Ninjasoup said:

That is still a cap.
    Not in the way it's usually discussed. Most of the time when caps are discussed it's just a blanket hard cap. I'd hardly call it a cap when you can still build as many of something as you want. That's like saying we have caps now because you can't get a star dragon because you have to build their recruitment building first.

Cap is cap. No one ever said caps had to be one inflexible number.

Ninjasoup said:

That is still a cap.

Actually quite a few people have said that. And a cap isn't a cap if you can continually increase the number whenever you want. It's not restricting the number of something if you can have as many as you want. A cap is a ceiling that can't go any higher. This can be raised whenever you decide to build another building.

Ninjasoup said:

That is still a cap.

Actually quite a few people have said that. And a cap isn't a cap if you can continually increase the number whenever you want. It's not restricting the number of something if you can have as many as you want. A cap is a ceiling that can't go any higher. This can be raised whenever you decide to build another building.
    If anyone said that it wasn't me. The suggestions were always TK like building tied caps.