Welcome

Please register for Total War Access to use the forums. If you're an existing user, your forum details will be merged with Total War Access if you register with the same email or username. For more information please read our FAQ’s here.

Categories

CA's Criteria for Choosing Legendary Lords

2»

Comments

• SeanJeanquoiSeanJeanquoi Posts: 1,174Registered Users
    @Maedrethnir

Imrik has his own textures / skin, not an entirely new model, rig or animations. Same goes for the Dragon Wizard.

Aislinn is a possibility but most of his lore came from the retconned storm of chaos, then they added to him in the end times but all he does is get killed by Tyrion. He's a Clothique lord I believe?

Yvresse might not have units that are known to be specific to their region but if the sky cutters and sea helms aren't going to Lothern then they should be in either Clothique or Yvresse because those are the other two big coastal regions of Ulthuan.

Eltharion himself, his deeds and his rivalry to both Malekith and Grom elevate his standing much further.

We have Griffin's with game 1 races, not game 2. As I understand it, it might take a bit more work than one might think to port them properly with game 2 lords because all of the game 1 stuff is still from game 1, with the old code, old engine and textures etc. Perhaps that's a myth though.
  • Xenos7Xenos7 Posts: 4,937Registered Users
    edited September 4

@Maedrethnir

Imrik has his own textures / skin, not an entirely new model, rig or animations. Same goes for the Dragon Wizard.

Aislinn is a possibility but most of his lore came from the retconned storm of chaos, then they added to him in the end times but all he does is get killed by Tyrion. He's a Clothique lord I believe?

Yvresse might not have units that are known to be specific to their region but if the sky cutters and sea helms aren't going to Lothern then they should be in either Clothique or Yvresse because those are the other two big coastal regions of Ulthuan.

Eltharion himself, his deeds and his rivalry to both Malekith and Grom elevate his standing much further.

We have Griffin's with game 1 races, not game 2. As I understand it, it might take a bit more work than one might think to port them properly with game 2 lords because all of the game 1 stuff is still from game 1, with the old code, old engine and textures etc. Perhaps that's a myth though.

Not really.

https://steamuserimages-a.akamaihd.net/ugc/816750219427756908/B5AF1DD1202EA989827F5BAFD029D6672BC86953/

• MaedrethnirMaedrethnir Senior Member Posts: 5,241Registered Users

@Maedrethnir

I don't see a reason why Eltharion would have an entirely new model.

I don't know where he is from exactly but judging his behaviour I wouldn't be surprised if it was Morathi. He has the biggest connection to the missing units.

There are many mods giving griffon to HE since Game2 release. Few Eltharion mods too I think.

Drowned in stars, bloated we shine.
    ... .... .... --··-- -. --- - . .- .-. ... ·-·-·- --- -. .-.. -.-- -.. .-. . .- -- ... -. --- .-- ·-·-·-

• yolordmcswagyolordmcswag Posts: 926Registered Users

@Maedrethnir

Aislinn is clearly mentioned several times in the high elf 8th edition armybook, he is just as canon as Imrik, Finubar and Belannaer, neither of which had stats in 8th edition TT. In the end times he saves the whole host of the phoenix king, by extension the vortex and as such the entire world. Granted, the world gets destoyed anyway, but it would have happened a lot earlier if not for him.

The link between Eltharion and the Lothern units is very weak, skycutters would fit equally well with either Imrik or Eltharion IMO. I agree with your point about griffin animations though, if we get both Eltharion and Imrik then Eltharion might be best as DLC. If we only get one however I think Imrik would be best.
  • MaedrethnirMaedrethnir Senior Member Posts: 5,241Registered Users

@Maedrethnir

Aislinn is clearly mentioned several times in the high elf 8th edition armybook, he is just as canon as Imrik, Finubar and Belannaer, neither of which had stats in 8th edition TT. In the end times he saves the whole host of the phoenix king, by extension the vortex and as such the entire world. Granted, the world gets destoyed anyway, but it would have happened a lot earlier if not for him.

The link between Eltharion and the Lothern units is very weak, skycutters would fit equally well with either Imrik or Eltharion IMO. I agree with your point about griffin animations though, if we get both Eltharion and Imrik then Eltharion might be best as DLC. If we only get one however I think Imrik would be best.
    Prince Imrik is the best in every situation!
    Drowned in stars, bloated we shine.
    ... .... .... --··-- -. --- - . .- .-. ... ·-·-·- --- -. .-.. -.-- -.. .-. . .- -- ... -. --- .-- ·-·-·-

• DraxynnicDraxynnic Posts: 5,794Registered Users

@Maedrethnir

Imrik had stats in the End Times, and was one of only three High Elf characters to be in the 6E army book. Belannaer had stats in 5E. Finubar never had stats AFAIK, but he's been a part of the High Elf fluff since the Warhammer World has been the world we recognise.

Aislinn... technically had stats in 6E, kinda? There was a special Honour that was intended to represent him, but he never had magic items.

You could say that all are equally canon, but only if you view canon purely as a "you are or you aren't" situation which makes all canon characters equally canon. I would definitely say that Imrik, especially, is much more established in the setting and rules than Aislinn.
  • yolordmcswagyolordmcswag Posts: 926Registered Users
    Draxynnic said:

@Maedrethnir

Imrik had stats in the End Times, and was one of only three High Elf characters to be in the 6E army book. Belannaer had stats in 5E. Finubar never had stats AFAIK, but he's been a part of the High Elf fluff since the Warhammer World has been the world we recognise.

Aislinn... technically had stats in 6E, kinda? There was a special Honour that was intended to represent him, but he never had magic items.

You could say that all are equally canon, but only if you view canon purely as a "you are or you aren't" situation which makes all canon characters equally canon. I would definitely say that Imrik, especially, is much more established in the setting and rules than Aislinn.
    Canon may not be quite "is" or "is not", however I would say that there are levels to canon and being in an 8th edition armybook or the big rulebook makes you the most canon one can be IMO. This is based on the assumtion that we are using the 8th edition as the basis for canon.

Characters from older editions are a bit more dubious, since sometimes their roles have been replaced by other characters (Hellebron replacing the grand carnifex from Malus Darkblade series is an example). Some characters are in a bit of a limbo, like Rakarth who was never officially removed or replaced, but for someone who used to be important to have no mention at all in the newest armybook makes it seem like GW forgot about him. And if someone that important existed, it would be very strange for him to not be mentioned, as such indicating he might not exist in 8th edition canon. Then again, there is nothing contradicting his existance, so he may still be around.

My point is mainly that if official 8th edition lore says "This character exists, has this role, and does this and this" then it is 100% true canon for the universe. And there is nothing more official than the armybooks and the big rule book.