Welcome

Please register for Total War Access to use the forums. If you're an existing user, your forum details will be merged with Total War Access if you register with the same email or username. For more information please read our FAQ’s here.

Categories

Why Is Sarthorael the Everwatcher Not Playable In Mortal Empires?

Laytenb2122Laytenb2122 Posts: 16Registered Users
If CA went through the effort of putting him in multiplayer with unique animations, unique model,(I'm pretty sure) unique spells, and even a item you can have him equip, why not have him be in Mortal Empires and give the forces of Chaos a much-needed 4th Legendary Lord? I think he's interesting enough for it, CA.

Comments

• makar55makar55 Posts: 1,783Registered Users
    Same reason Boris and Red color Vampire are not.
  • Laytenb2122Laytenb2122 Posts: 16Registered Users
    makar55 said:

Could you tell me why is that please?
  • Nitros14Nitros14 Junior Member Posts: 1,635Registered Users
    edited September 5
    The Lord of Change doesn't feel enough like a Greater Daemon to me.

In the tabletop that thing had higher strength than a Chaos Lord but has 120 less weapon strength in game. They're supposed to be supremely powerful wizards but don't really have anything special.

Hopefully Warhammer 3 gets the feel better.
  • SetrusSetrus Senior Member SwedenPosts: 18,448Registered Users
    I take it you haven't gotten too far in any Chaos Warrior campaign?

Not sure if I should spoil that or not...
    Don't worry.
  • Xenos7Xenos7 Posts: 5,108Registered Users
    Because he's your end game crisis if you play Chaos.
  • makar55makar55 Posts: 1,783Registered Users

makar55 said:

Devs want to release them later. I think so because I see no reason to keep them non playable if people ask for it.
  • DaGangsterDaGangster Junior Member Posts: 921Registered Users
    He is the end game boss if playing as chaos, why would they add him playable?

Team Vampire Counts

"Many players cannot help approaching a game as an optimization puzzle. What gives the most reward for the least risk? What strategy provides the highest chance – or even a guaranteed chance – of success? Given the opportunity, players will optimize the fun out of a game."

- Soren Johnson
    Xenos7 said:

Because he's your end game crisis if you play Chaos.

I don't think that would stop him just because he's an endgame crisis. Look at the Hunter and The Beast DLC. Wulfhart's final battle has him go against Nakai The Wanderer and vice versa so I don't think Sarthorael is disqualified.
  • WaaaghCheifWaaaghCheif Junior Member Posts: 589Registered Users

makar55 said:

Effort.

makar55 said:

Effort.
    Thing is, CA already went through a lot of effort just for his model, animations, spells, and his unique item so why not make him a full-fledged lord?
  • Bonutz619Bonutz619 Posts: 1,020Registered Users
    Great question! We don't know...and we may never know because reasons.
  • FinishingLastFinishingLast Posts: 4,136Registered Users
    The prevailing theory, at least during game 1, was that those 3 half-LL were not implemented fully because they were part of individual DLC and their could be potential anger if they then gave those LLs away for free as full LL.

This always seemed stupid to me and even more so now that we have ME. So now, it just seems like they aren't LL because CA doesn't want to make them LL. At least not now. And we have no reasoning for that as they've never addressed it.
    Later

makar55 said:

Effort.
    Thing is, CA already went through a lot of effort just for his model, animations, spells, and his unique item so why not make him a full-fledged lord?
    I mean, he's one of the most unique lords in the game when it comes to models, with him being a giant bird with a magical staff, so that clearly must've taken some effort.
  • ChristianT82ChristianT82 Posts: 60Registered Users
    Play as norsca and you get his brother. Third norsca LL
  • FungusHoundFungusHound Posts: 2,472Registered Users

Play as norsca and you get his brother. Third norsca LL

Huh never knew Surtha Ek's brother ascended to daemon-hood
  • WyvaxWyvax Posts: 1,984Registered Users
    The two Lords of Change in the game aren't actual characters so much as rewards our challenges for Norsca and WoC. When Daemons of Chaos comes then we'll have an actual Lord of Change, Kairos Fateweaver. The fact that Sathoreal is even playable in custom battles is a bit of a head scratcher for me myself, it's a daemon, not a WoC after all.
    Tomes read: The Great Betrayal, Master of Dragons, Curse of the Phoenix Crown, Trollslayer, Skavenslayer, Daemonslayer, Dragonslayer, Beastslayer, Vampireslayer, Malekith, The Bloody Handed

It's T. rex, not T-Rex, you filthy casuals.
  • Arcani_4_EverArcani_4_Ever Junior Member Posts: 2,329Registered Users
    Because you need to wait until Part 3 to play him properly.

I am sure he will be a LL for the Tzeentch Faction in Game 3. And interestingly, Tzeentch will have 3 LLs at launch. Kairos Fateweaver, The Changeling and then Big Bird thrown as a freebie.

Also we need his overhaul as well. He should get the Lore of Tzeentch as a 2nd Magic Tree.
  • _Mad_D0c__Mad_D0c_ Posts: 939Registered Users
    edited September 6

Because you need to wait until Part 3 to play him properly.

I am sure he will be a LL for the Tzeentch Faction in Game 3. And interestingly, Tzeentch will have 3 LLs at launch. Kairos Fateweaver, The Changeling and then Big Bird thrown as a freebie.

Also we need his overhaul as well. He should get the Lore of Tzeentch as a 2nd Magic Tree.

Dont think Sarthorael will ever become LL. Why? Now he is AI enemy, his "brother" as Norsca reward and Multiplayer bonus if you unlock him. In game 3 he would only be an generic lord of change lord. If you want an intetesting LL one, we will surely get Kairos. Why let us play a lesser Kairos with no background, lore, items fluff?