Welcome

Please register for Total War Access to use the forums. If you're an existing user, your forum details will be merged with Total War Access if you register with the same email or username. For more information please read our FAQ’s here.

Categories

Gor-Rok lord effects

redknight83redknight83 Registered Users Posts: 448
From seeing youtubers videos I have seen that one of Gor-Roks lord efffects is that he gets 20% physical resistance when defending sieges (Lord's army). Which is definitely a good lord effect.

However for almost all the campaign you are likely to have 20 units in your main army and from my personal experience if you park a lord with 20 units in a settlement plus its garrison no AI army almost every attacks that settlement.

Therefore I believe it would be better if it was altered to be 20% physical resistance when defending battles (Lord's army). This way you are more likely to get more use out of the lord effect. Therefore it could be used for both sieges and on the open battle field but only when defending from an attack from the AI.

What do you think?

Comments

• BoombastekBoombastek Registered Users Posts: 2,125
    I agree.

Defeding siege looks odd.
  • Zogash85Zogash85 Registered Users Posts: 89
    I agree with the sentiment, but of course +20% physical resist for every single defensive battle would be way too overpowered.

They'd have to tone it down to +10% at most. Still, that would be way more useful than its current form, which you'll probably get to benefit from only a handful of times over the course of a full campaign, if at all.
  • Michael4537Michael4537 Registered Users Posts: 2,377
    +20%? No. That's nuts.
    +[somethingthing less] would be cool though.
  • ValkaarValkaar Junior Member Registered Users Posts: 3,848
    edited September 2019
    I honestly kinda like it, even at 20% and limited to defensive sieges. I think you're not taking into context a lot of his other abilities and buffs that apply to every battle.

He has certain skills and gear which give Expert Charge defense to everyone around him, up to 60% upkeep reduction for Saurus units with all of his buffs stacked, +5 melee defense for your army in any battle in territory you own (either aggressive or defensive...although you are primarily usually defending in your own territory), etc. etc.

So it's not like Gor-Rok won't be conferring any effects/buffs to anyone outside of sieges. He has plenty of non-siege related buffs to doll out to his army as it stands.

However, I think it's very thematic and potentially useful for some of those end-game scenarios where you have 4 doomstacks bearing down on you from the Rituals or the Chaos Invasion or something like that, and all you can really do is hole up in your city and try to break the tide of Chaos/Skaven hordes that have spawned in; as you fight a battle in which you're grossly outnumbered......and all of a sudden you got that 20% physical resistance ;)

Basically...if Gor-Rok hadn't gotten other buffs that he could use frequently...then sure, I'd like a rework of his physical resistance buff....but since the buff is just one of many... I'm personally okay with leaving it a touch OP, but limited in use so that it only has an impact in certain mega battles.
  • redknight83redknight83 Registered Users Posts: 448
    Valkaar said:

I honestly kinda like it, even at 20% and limited to defensive sieges. I think you're not taking into context a lot of his other abilities and buffs that apply to every battle.

He has certain skills and gear which give Expert Charge defense to everyone around him, up to 60% upkeep reduction for Saurus units with all of his buffs stacked, +5 melee defense for your army in any battle in territory you own (either aggressive or defensive...although you are primarily usually defending in your own territory), etc. etc.

So it's not like Gor-Rok won't be conferring any effects/buffs to anyone outside of sieges. He has plenty of non-siege related buffs to doll out to his army as it stands.

However, I think it's very thematic and potentially useful for some of those end-game scenarios where you have 4 doomstacks bearing down on you from the Rituals or the Chaos Invasion or something like that, and all you can really do is hole up in your city and try to break the tide of Chaos/Skaven hordes that have spawned in; as you fight a battle in which you're grossly outnumbered......and all of a sudden you got that 20% physical resistance ;)

Basically...if Gor-Rok hadn't gotten other buffs that he could use frequently...then sure, I'd like a rework of his physical resistance buff....but since the buff is just one of many... I'm personally okay with leaving it a touch OP, but limited in use so that it only has an impact in certain mega battles.

I personally play the mortal empires campaign much more than the vortex campaign. But anyway I still find in mortal empires when you get a large chaos army if you insert your self into a settlement with a garrison the AI will simply go round that city and attack a weaker city.

But I do see how that trait may be more useful in eye of the vortex when the chaos armies spawns and they have mission to destroy three particular cities. So you can put him in the city and just wait. In that way the AI is more predictable, in eye of the vortex.
  • BDLMBDLM Registered Users Posts: 59

I personally play the mortal empires campaign much more than the vortex campaign. But anyway I still find in mortal empires when you get a large chaos army if you insert your self into a settlement with a garrison the AI will simply go round that city and attack a weaker city.

But I do see how that trait may be more useful in eye of the vortex when the chaos armies spawns and they have mission to destroy three particular cities. So you can put him in the city and just wait. In that way the AI is more predictable, in eye of the vortex.

I agree. On one hand I think its kind of appropriate and mildly interesting that he seems to synergize with the Eye mechanic but on the other hand its pretty lack luster most of the time. Dunno what they could do to fix that unless they made the end game of Mortal incorate more to defend against and then what happens in game 3? I guess not every trait has to be useful all the time (Tyrions are all useless after the early game, right?) but wouldnt it be nice.
  • RikRiorikRikRiorik Registered Users Posts: 10,781
    I think I want to download mods that gives the evil Lustria AIs a good chunk of extra moolah and I then want to sit in Itza and watch huge amounts of stacks break on the defenders time and time again. Should be fun.

Itza. Will. Not. Fall.

Bring it.
    Lord of the Undermountain and your friendly neighbourhood giant (Dwarf)
    Favourite campaigns: Clan Angrund, Followers of Nagash and the new Huntsmarshall’s Expedition