Welcome

Please register for Total War Access to use the forums. If you're an existing user, your forum details will be merged with Total War Access if you register with the same email or username. For more information please read our FAQ’s here.

Categories

Medieval III for Next Historical Title

2»

Comments

• jamreal18jamreal18 Senior Member Posts: 8,589Registered Users
    Empire was made from TW3 engine.

People want Empire 2 to be mqde in TW3 engine again?

2 exactly the same game in 2 exactly the same game engine? Very nice suggestion.

I want Medieval 3 in new game engine though.
  • GelstonGelston Senior Member Posts: 1,583Registered Users
    I just want a world wide TW, from whatever era. That would make a very nice variety of units and such to choose from. Have the Americas, Europe, Africa, Asia, etc.
  • VirantoViranto Junior Member Posts: 442Registered Users
    Gelston said:

I just want a world wide TW, from whatever era. That would make a very nice variety of units and such to choose from. Have the Americas, Europe, Africa, Asia, etc.

Would be a lot to expensive. Only way is to make it like warhammer, where you have different games, which you can merge together.
  • talonntalonn Junior Member Posts: 520Registered Users
    Nope. Mongol: Total War first. Where the theatre spans from Eastern Europe to China/Asia.
  • dge1dge1 Moderator Arkansas, USAPosts: 18,657Registered Users, Moderators, Knights
    Moved to Chat.
    "The two most common things in the universe are Hydrogen and Stupidity." - Harlan Ellison
    "The right to be heard does not automatically include the right to be taken seriously." - Hubert H. Humphrey
    "Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.” - George Carlin
  • davedave1124davedave1124 Senior Member Posts: 4,140Registered Users
    I just thought.. it'll be about 6 years until the next major historical game... meh
  • SiWISiWI Senior Member Posts: 10,220Registered Users
    edited May 23
    Krunch said:

While I do think that the character system of 3K would work extremely well in a Medieval game, I stand by that the next TW game will be set in China or heavily feature China. Every historical TW game besides Shogun 2(kind of) has come as a pair. I see no reason 3K would be different.

the opium wars are calling...
    Ratling_Guns.gif?t=1554385892
  • SiWISiWI Senior Member Posts: 10,220Registered Users
    jamreal18 said:

Empire was made from TW3 engine.

People want Empire 2 to be mqde in TW3 engine again?

2 exactly the same game in 2 exactly the same game engine? Very nice suggestion.

I want Medieval 3 in new game engine though.

technical this may be the "same" engine in practical terms it is not.
    Ratling_Guns.gif?t=1554385892
  • BreadboxBreadbox Posts: 780Registered Users
    SiWI said:

Krunch said:

While I do think that the character system of 3K would work extremely well in a Medieval game, I stand by that the next TW game will be set in China or heavily feature China. Every historical TW game besides Shogun 2(kind of) has come as a pair. I see no reason 3K would be different.

the opium wars are calling...
    Zero chance of that happening, they literally just broke into the Mythical ‘Chinese Market’, the last thing they would do is risk it all just to depict a touchy and niche conflict.

The next expand alone(Fots and yes, Attila) will definitely be related to East Asia in someway, less certain about the next SAGA. The main point of Saga is to placate the older European history crowd , would not be serving its purpose if it goes to China again.

That said, Medieval 3 please, med2 is 12 years ago.
  • mz8bmz8b Posts: 2Registered Users
    edited August 29
    I think that Atilla going up to the Viking Age was pefect.
    The next one should start right before the Norman Conquests cover all the middle ages with a chain of historical events until the end of the Renaissance.
    Than a DLC about the time were the new Empires were founded like Empire Total War covering the whole world.
    Even smaller specific event setting DLCs.

But after that a new game to indroduce new mechanics up to the start of the 1st WW should be made. Ending right before the invention of Tanks and Machine guns.
    The potentiall of logistics etc. in terms of realism is huge.

I also agree with all forementioned regarding character and feudal systems even more realistic and interactive diplomacy spy networking and of course pushing the Religion system Inquisitions Knight orders etc further more.

In a rennaisance and imperial setting, the potential in terms of the above forementioned things and technology are even greater.

What i must also mention is that the removal of spaggetti line formations wasn't bad. It's realistic. Rank depth especially in Phalanx formation wasn't less than 8 men ever.
    What could be added are historical accurate unit drill tactics and combinations in the group button but most should be left to the player.

The only thing that must be kept in mind is that better for a game to take longer to be released or even cost more alltogether fully updated than (launcher bugs update bugs constant subscription service problems etc.) steam is good really but more for online mmo games. Total War must be more self reliant so to speak. Like buying a special rare item and placing it on a library.
    And the last thing is the polishing and compression. I mean i Run version (Rome 2 TW Rise of the Republic good but i experienced many graphical issues with Attila thus i run it lower.
    And getting the latest hardware every year is something i don't do. I updated my hardware 2 times only in the last 7 years i do not intend on doing it for the next 2 years at least.
  • ANUNIAMEANUNIAME Posts: 2Registered Users
    BarqqDogg said:

I know, I know. It's too early to talk about next installments, but I think it's worth a talk. I think I've seen enough of what TK:TW has to offer to provide suggestions for the next title somewhere along the line.

I'd like to first mention that I personally liked the political aspect of Warhammer series. You have a bunch of sub-factions that you can Confederate with to expand your faction, which, in my opinion, is an awesome feature that deserves further development and fine tuning. It added new depths to the political landscape of campaigns that I hadn't seen before.

Now, with regard to TK:TW, I am very much excited about character progression and how they can join or leave your faction army. I don't know how it will actually turn out, but I have confidence that it will add new depths to campaign and how the player chooses to lead one's faction.

Now, with all these combined, I think CA can make the best campaign experience yet with the combination of medieval setting. Let's face it. Total War series have historically suffered from depreciating complexity as the campaigns went on. By mid-late game, the game tends to suffer from dullness. You wait to grow army, invade, defeat the enemy, and repeat until the victory conditions are met.

Only through fantasy settings did CA succeed in keeping players on their toes throughout the campaign (except Mortal Empires). The time crunch of Warhammer II campaign band the impact of Chaos invasion in Warhammer was a beautiful experience.

But if you transfer all these innovations for one of the OG titles, Medieval:TW, then I think you'll have the best TW experience to date. Think about all the dynamic events you can introduce to really keep players on their toes: Mongol invasion, black plague, threat of excommunication by the Pope, crusading (for non Europe factions, the frustration of fending off against crusaders), discovery of the New World, etc. For the endgame, Thirty Years War could pit large factions against one another.

Players could start off with 1 or 2 settlements with loose alliances of Duchies, with whom you can confederate like in Warhammer. Players could also struggle with keeping their Bannermen (characters in TK:TW) lest they defect. These features would make the game more complex and ultimately make the game more interesting, defeating the problem of simplistic politics in TW series.

• ANUNIAMEANUNIAME Posts: 2Registered Users
    When can i play TW Medieval 3? So Homeworld 3 another legendary saga and Microsoft Flight Simulator 2020 the best plane Simulation!!! The old saga in a new era it's coming! I think it's time to make the new Total War Medieval 3 with new graphic and more realistic!! I played TWM 2 many hours but it's too old the architecture now!! When have 8K TV, cpu 12 cores, and video cards with 6GB RAM and new architecture!!