Welcome

Please register for Total War Access to use the forums. If you're an existing user, your forum details will be merged with Total War Access if you register with the same email or username. For more information please read our FAQ’s here.

Categories

Total War: Warhammer 4

Subr1185Subr1185 Posts: 20Registered Users
edited September 10 in General Discussion
So I had an idea: to represent the Warhammer world in the best way, three games are not enough.
A fourth one is needed. I am thinking of the following factions:

Total War: Warhammer 3 (focused on the area east and southeast of the old World)

Base factions:

- Daemons of Chaos
- Chaos Dwarfs
- Ogre Kingdoms
- Araby

DLC factions:

- Kislev
- Estalia
- Border Princes

Total War: Warhammer 4 (focused on the eastern and southeastern corner of the entire world)

Base factions:

- Cathay
- Nippon
- Ind
- Khuresh

DLC factions:

- Demons of Khorne
- Demons of Nurgle
- Demons of Slannesh
- Demons of Tzeentch

At that point, we will have the entire world of Warhammer as a map, so we should be able to go from the far east (Nippon) into the new world, and the Lizardmen and Khuresh could have an alliance, since they are so similar, and they will be placed not too far from each other. What do you guys think?

I don't see any reason why people wouldn't buy it, so why not do it, CA?
Post edited by Subr1185 on

Comments

• xXF1aKOXxxXF1aKOXx Posts: 844Registered Users
    It wouldn't happen they would just make them Race packs
  • CrossilCrossil Posts: 4,959Registered Users
    edited September 10
    This post is so over the place with which race is where......

Look, if they make game 4 it would probs be best to make it have, as starting races:

Cathay
    Ind
    Nippon
    Khuresh

The only DLC would then be:

Hobgoblins
    Kurgan/Hung (maybe?)

If they really wanted to flex their creativity and make things that weren't really there as much they could make a naval themed elf race based on some ancient editions, inspired by naval parts of HE and perhaps even Idoneth Deepkin? But that's really going far.
    UNLEASH THE EVERCHARIOT
  • Tibi088Tibi088 Posts: 152Registered Users
    Subr1185 said:

So I had an idea: to represent the Warhammer world in the best way, three games are not enough.

Total War: Warhammer 3 (focused on the area east and southeast of the old World)

Base factions:

- Daemons of Chaos
    - Chaos Dwarfs
    - Ogre Kingdoms
    - Araby

DLC factions:

- Kislev
    - Estalia
    - Border Princes

Total War: Warhammer 4 (focused on the eastern and southeastern corner of the entire world)

Base factions:

- Cathay
    - Nippon
    - Ind
    - Khuresh

DLC factions:

- Demons of Khorne
    - Demons of Nurgle
    - Demons of Slannesh
    - Demons of Tzeentch

At that point, we will have the entire world of Warhammer as a map, so we should be able to go from the far east (Nippon) into the old world, and the Lizardmen and Khuresh could have an alliance, since they are so similar, and they will be placed not too far from each other. What do you guys think?

I really want at least Cathay to be playable som time. But a game 4 like that... Who would be the evil race/enemy? Very unlikely.
  • adjungadjung Posts: 206Registered Users
    This post is just so darn absurd. I can see why people want araby - because they had a warmaster army and because they offer a new variation on human races.

But with the addition of the races you suggest, it's just stretching the lore into something that Warhammer Fantasy never was. At this point, you might as well create another franchise from scratch. And while it has been interesting to see what CA could come up with when fleshing out unofficial armies (Norsca, VCoast), those always were DLC to add some flavour, but not the "main course". Only the most hardcore fans would buy a bunch of races that are as irrelevant as these bunch of weirdos. And they would take away ressources from races that people actually played and had tabletop armies of.

Forward onto Slaughter.
  • neodeinosneodeinos Posts: 2,101Registered Users
    A game based on few paragraphs of lore ? Not happening.
    Tibi088 said:

Subr1185 said:

Base factions:

- Daemons of Chaos
    - Chaos Dwarfs
    - Ogre Kingdoms
    - Araby

DLC factions:

- Kislev
    - Estalia
    - Border Princes

Base factions:

- Cathay
    - Nippon
    - Ind
    - Khuresh

DLC factions:

- Demons of Khorne
    - Demons of Nurgle
    - Demons of Slannesh
    - Demons of Tzeentch

At that point, we will have the entire world of Warhammer as a map, so we should be able to go from the far east (Nippon) into the old world, and the Lizardmen and Khuresh could have an alliance, since they are so similar, and they will be placed not too far from each other. What do you guys think?

I really want at least Cathay to be playable som time. But a game 4 like that... Who would be the evil race/enemy? Very unlikely.
    Khuresh and Hobgoblins.
    UNLEASH THE EVERCHARIOT
  • EarthDragonEarthDragon Posts: 137Registered Users
    Khuresh is evil Snake People, so they would be the evil race.

Araby in game 3 as base faction........a bit odd. I’ve been an advocate that they would be a better aesthetic to random human tribes in the Darklands region over Empire, along with Norsca modified in the manner of Wild Orc NPC factions. So having them as a bonus faction with only a couple of Lords may make sense, but not as a Primary faction for game 3.

I don’t think players would be adverse to keeping this train rolling and getting unexplored Warhammer Fantasy content in 2024, but some of this is grasping at straws and honestly may be better suited as a LARGE ExPansion release for game 3 with a unique map and campaign for like $40. As long as it’s a large map with purpose like the Vortex map, it won’t bomb like the original race DLC packs.
  • LabriaLabria Posts: 575Registered Users
    No thanks. I want just Kislev, Chaos Dwarfs, Ogre Kingdoms, Daemons of Chaos(one or four races) and Southern Realms. B)
  • Federykx99Federykx99 Posts: 562Registered Users
    Araby will absolutely not be in game 3. If they are added it will be in game 2, period.

TWW4 just doesn't make sense.
    It has been stated time and time again that it's a trilogy, the races of a possible fourth game are basically unknown to the playerbase, and by the words of CA it looks like they have planned the mortal empires map to stretch only on the three games and that in the end it will be pretty stretched as it is.

I am a huge Cathay fan and I would really like to see also Ind, Nippon and the others because new races are *objectively* better than LPs, but the only way we'll see them is as Core/CP for game 3.
  • Xenos7Xenos7 Posts: 5,072Registered Users
    Would pay double price for it.
  • gekjgekj Junior Member Posts: 161Registered Users
    4 is age of sigmar
  • ReghisReghis Posts: 340Registered Users
    no offense but your whole post makes 0 sense at all
    My ancestors are smiling at me, Imperial, can you say the same?

• davedave1124davedave1124 Senior Member Posts: 4,337Registered Users
    I think the deamons races will be available in game 3.
  • SteppelordSteppelord Junior Member Posts: 2,190Registered Users

Araby in game 3 as base faction........a bit odd. I’ve been an advocate that they would be a better aesthetic to random human tribes in the Darklands region over Empire, along with Norsca modified in the manner of Wild Orc NPC factions. So having them as a bonus faction with only a couple of Lords may make sense, but not as a Primary faction for game 3.

I don’t think players would be adverse to keeping this train rolling and getting unexplored Warhammer Fantasy content in 2024, but some of this is grasping at straws and honestly may be better suited as a LARGE ExPansion release for game 3 with a unique map and campaign for like $40. As long as it’s a large map with purpose like the Vortex map, it won’t bomb like the original race DLC packs.

Just look at that. Khuresh are evil snake people. That is literally all the lore they have, you can't even give them more than 3 words description, and there's already plent 'evil' factions and 'people' factions. THey don't add anything new.
  • davedave1124davedave1124 Senior Member Posts: 4,337Registered Users

Just look at that. Khuresh are evil snake people. That is literally all the lore they have, you can't even give them more than 3 words description, and there's already plent 'evil' factions and 'people' factions. THey don't add anything new.
    Blood bowl has a Kureshi team - the Kureshi Kobras
  • ValkaarValkaar Junior Member Posts: 1,829Registered Users
    Game 2 already sold fewer copies than Game 1 over the same span of time (Game 2 has obviously been out longer overall)....and I imagine Game 3 will sell less than either 1 or two.

This has nothing to do with 'loreful tabletop' races vs 'completing the world'..... it's just good ol' fashioned franchise fatigue. Unless Game 3 surpasses all expectations and smashes records... I don't think CA would go for a Game 4 if each new entry keeps bringing in diminishing returns financially.

They'd make way more sales doing a fresh new IP (Three Kingdoms sort of case n point). It could honestly even be a Fantasy IP. A lot of the speculation is that actually CA's next standalone game might actually be a historical/fantasy hybrid...like Troy where it's a real setting with mythical elements at play.

In either case... yeah.... Game 4 seems ludicrously unlikely.

However..... considering how long Rome 2 got supported with new DLC.... I could CA continuing to drip-fed new lords and maybe even new races into Game 3 for years after release so long as even a small, predictable, reliable market for it continues to exist.
    Reghis said:

no offense but your whole post makes 0 sense at all

UNLEASH THE EVERCHARIOT
  • zinsncabszinsncabs Posts: 670Registered Users
    neodeinos said:

A game based on few paragraphs of lore ? Not happening.

This.
    TEARS FOR THE SALT GOD !!! MODS FOR THE BUTHURT !!!
  • RJdioRJdio Posts: 46Registered Users

- Cathay
    - Nippon
    - Ind

I hope it will be in TW Warhammer 3
  • AbmongAbmong Posts: 1,133Registered Users
    Read my signature...
    Total War: Warhammer IV - Cathay, Ind, Nippon, Khuresh (+ Lost Vampire Bloodlines, Monkey kingdom DLC) :#
  • Xenos7Xenos7 Posts: 5,072Registered Users
    Valkaar said:

Game 2 already sold fewer copies than Game 1 over the same span of time (Game 2 has obviously been out longer overall)....and I imagine Game 3 will sell less than either 1 or two.

Game 2 has been out longer than game 1???
  • GamgeeGamgee Senior Member Posts: 1,746Registered Users
    Crossil said:

This post is so over the place with which race is where......

Look, if they make game 4 it would probs be best to make it have, as starting races:

Cathay
    Ind
    Nippon
    Khuresh

The only DLC would then be:

Hobgoblins
    Kurgan/Hung (maybe?)

If they really wanted to flex their creativity and make things that weren't really there as much they could make a naval themed elf race based on some ancient editions, inspired by naval parts of HE and perhaps even Idoneth Deepkin? But that's really going far.

I think Fishmen would be a sick race to add after the 4th game is out. It could have starts near every major game's locations.

I honestly do think we'll get game 4 if 3 is still doing well. Fans want it badly. I know I do lol. Though I think few people will really believe it possible.
  • GamgeeGamgee Senior Member Posts: 1,746Registered Users
    adjung said:

This post is just so darn absurd. I can see why people want araby - because they had a warmaster army and because they offer a new variation on human races.

But with the addition of the races you suggest, it's just stretching the lore into something that Warhammer Fantasy never was. At this point, you might as well create another franchise from scratch. And while it has been interesting to see what CA could come up with when fleshing out unofficial armies (Norsca, VCoast), those always were DLC to add some flavour, but not the "main course". Only the most hardcore fans would buy a bunch of races that are as irrelevant as these bunch of weirdos. And they would take away ressources from races that people actually played and had tabletop armies of.

LOL I think you underestimate the video game fans who like new content. We're not old warhammer grog's scared and tripping over their beards in the warhamer's dead mausoleum that it could come back to life as a series and be added on to. LOL I think this is the most ridiculous and wrong post I have ever seen. I've seen others like yourself post they didn't want or think coast would sell and they did. They thought Norsca would never come or no one wanted it and it did really well.

I guarantee you fan demand is high enough CA is definitely considering going there for game 4. Heck they recently hinted we will be getting a race pack as pre-order and I guarantee you it will be Araby. Once that happens we can go even further east in game 4.
  • duglandtotoduglandtoto Posts: 159Registered Users
    Subr1185 said:

Base factions:

- Daemons of Chaos
    - Chaos Dwarfs
    - Ogre Kingdoms
    - Araby

DLC factions:

- Kislev
    - Estalia
    - Border Princes

Base factions:

- Cathay
    - Nippon
    - Ind
    - Khuresh

DLC factions:

- Demons of Khorne
    - Demons of Nurgle
    - Demons of Slannesh
    - Demons of Tzeentch

At that point, we will have the entire world of Warhammer as a map, so we should be able to go from the far east (Nippon) into the new world, and the Lizardmen and Khuresh could have an alliance, since they are so similar, and they will be placed not too far from each other. What do you guys think?

No. 3 games are enough. I'm getting old. I don't wanna be dead and buried before they release the last update. One more game and I would know the end of it in my 80's...
  • tzurugbytzurugby Posts: 275Registered Users
    Cathay, Nippon, Ind and any other faction ever mentioned in Warhammer Fantasy is 100% coming out.... it is only a matter of when and how.

My guess is that after WHIII is done with all DLC, they will release something like Thrones of Britannia... a small stand alone game, for each of these factions in WH Fantasy.

Three Kingdoms is huge, especially in the Chinese market.... a Warhammer Fantasy version by way of Cathy? Free $$$$.

It's happening.... just a matter of time. I'd put Cathy, Nippon and Ind less that 7 years out, maybe as soon as 3 years out. There is way too much money to be made....

Then they probably do stand alones like the War of Vengeance, or Endtimes etc, and when they finally wheel back around to their second pass at Warhammer Fantasy in 10 - 12 years they will include it all in one game.
  • DraxynnicDraxynnic Posts: 6,030Registered Users
    I've seen this theory floating around before, but I don't think it's likely. Ind and Khuresh would need to be built pretty much from scratch, and there's not a lot of information on Nippon either - and they're pretty obscure for a main-game release.
  • duglandtotoduglandtoto Posts: 159Registered Users
    edited September 11
  • Federykx99Federykx99 Posts: 562Registered Users
    @Gamgee source, for the Pre Order pack being a race?