Welcome

Please register for Total War Access to use the forums. If you're an existing user, your forum details will be merged with Total War Access if you register with the same email or username. For more information please read our FAQ’s here.

Categories

Hostility in Huntsmarchal campaign

Somebody_347Somebody_347 Posts: 16Registered Users
edited September 13 in General Discussion
Does anyone else think its weird that hostility raises when you destroy skaven or vampire coast armies/cities? Why do lizardmen get angry about rats getting exterminated?

Comments

• Demondawn77Demondawn77 Posts: 36Registered Users
    Nakai has a dramatic intolerance of kill stealing.
  • PatriksevePatrikseve Member Posts: 1,657Registered Users

Does anyone else think its weird that hostility raises when you destroy skaven or vampire coast armies/cities? Why do lizardmen get angry about rats getting exterminated?

Nakai has a dramatic intolerance of kill stealing.

Couldnt it be that you are still assaulting Lizardmen temples/building areas, and in a sence destroy the enviroment trough skirmishes. I think it makes a bit sence still that a hostile presence creating damage, burning lands in what the Lizardmen argue belong to them. And then theres the looting and such of artefacts not likely tied to these factions only but hoarding them in these temple cities or what not. I dunno I think it can be justified lore wise.

So I'm curious now -

If you played an experiment campaign and immediately moved Markus away from Lustria and just ignored it. Like, went to Araby to fight the Tomb Kings or some such and abandoned Lustria entirely, just let the lizardmen take your starting settlement...

Would you still gain hostility for a non-lustrian campaign? Would Lizardmen start attacking you for daring to tread on, say, Ulthuan soil?
  • Somebody_347Somebody_347 Posts: 16Registered Users

So I'm curious now -

If you played an experiment campaign and immediately moved Markus away from Lustria and just ignored it. Like, went to Araby to fight the Tomb Kings or some such and abandoned Lustria entirely, just let the lizardmen take your starting settlement...

Would you still gain hostility for a non-lustrian campaign? Would Lizardmen start attacking you for daring to tread on, say, Ulthuan soil?

As far as I can tell, any battle fought and any settlement captured counts towards the hostility bar. So I would assume yes.

So I'm curious now -

As far as I can tell, any battle fought and any settlement captured counts towards the hostility bar. So I would assume yes.
    That's.... that's super goofy.
  • Somebody_347Somebody_347 Posts: 16Registered Users

So I'm curious now -

That's.... that's super goofy.
    This even includes those battles you get when you search shipwrecks and mysterious islands.
  • RikisRikis Posts: 1,237Registered Users
    The way I see it is that as you kick the crap out of the other races in Lustria, the Lizardmen are starting to see you as the dominant threat, after all, your kicking the crap out of the skaven/vamp coast/etc and taking their place up the food chain. Well, thats my reasoning anyways.

As for it rising outside Lustria, that makes little sense honestly.
    "Nakai, the forces of the Huntsmarschal have taken Sartosa and razed the Dreadfleet's settlement in the Galleon's Graveyard. As we speak, they are sailing north making war with the Norscan tribes."

• AkiAmazAkiAmaz Posts: 240Registered Users
    Yeah, feels strange hammering the green greenskin and having the LM get arsy. I can only assume that my actions are not part of the great plan...