Welcome

Please register for Total War Access to use the forums. If you're an existing user, your forum details will be merged with Total War Access if you register with the same email or username. For more information please read our FAQ’s here.

Categories

Could we have WH2-WH1 races playable on WH3 main campaign? (not mortal empires)

angry_rat_loverangry_rat_lover Posts: 1,059Registered Users
Been thinking lately if we could see races of the past games playable on WH3 main campaign seeing as we now have empire on the vortex, you guys think it could happen?
Soon

Comments

• andreii707andreii707 Constanta, RomaniaPosts: 634Registered Users
    Of course it could. There's plenty of opportunity to bring em in, just like how we have the numerous Skaven clans on expeditions. Rictus are starting in Naggaroth now but from what I know they're more tied to the WH3 map than the WH2 one. Weren't there also Lizardmen and some elves in the lore?

Someone knows the lore better, but the possibility is there.
    "Don't leave for tomorrow what you can do the day after tomorrow." - Will find the author of the quote some other time.
  • WyvaxWyvax Posts: 1,975Registered Users
    A homebrewed map of one of our own users included the Dwarfs, Sylvania, Wintertooth, Court of Lybaras, Clan Rictus and the Last Defenders on their envisioning of the game three campaign. If they were playable to owners of the other games it would go a long way to making the customer base happy.
    Tomes read: The Great Betrayal, Master of Dragons, Curse of the Phoenix Crown, Trollslayer, Skavenslayer, Daemonslayer, Dragonslayer, Beastslayer, Vampireslayer, Malekith, The Bloody Handed

It's T. rex, not T-Rex, you filthy casuals.
  • Greasus_GoldtoothGreasus_Goldtooth Posts: 112Registered Users
    Well yes we deffinetly could, will we? Probably will give us more race packs for old game races and in that way unlock them, but in the base game? I doubt it.
  • Demondawn77Demondawn77 Posts: 36Registered Users
    I really, really hope so.

Otherwise, given the factions we're likely to get, I feel like the campaign would feel really one-dimensional as it's largely chaos-aligned factions we have left. Assuming we get the breakdown I've been seeing predicted a lot of for the base game (Kislev, Daemons of Chaos, Chaos Dwarves and Ogre Kingdoms) it'll be very Kislev vs. The World... and while that's not a bad idea for a smaller store (Eye for an Eye sort of scale) it wouldn't make a terribly engaging full size campaign.

I'd like to see 2-3 races from each game playable as long as you have the requisite game to play them, complete with roster restrictions based on what DLC you do and do not have (if they have VCs for instance, no Mortis Engines or RoR if you don't have Grim and the Grave).

It's probably gonna be messy regardless, because I'm not sure they have the resources for a properly climactic campaign befitting the end of such a huge series with just the races they've yet to present.
  • BorealBoreal Posts: 303Registered Users
    Sure but it will only happen as lord packs, it won't be apart of the base game.
  • DatHomieSilverSurferDatHomieSilverSurfer Posts: 141Registered Users

Of course it could. There's plenty of opportunity to bring em in, just like how we have the numerous Skaven clans on expeditions. Rictus are starting in Naggaroth now but from what I know they're more tied to the WH3 map than the WH2 one. Weren't there also Lizardmen and some elves in the lore?

Someone knows the lore better, but the possibility is there.

not just from expeditions, there are a multitude of clans that operate primarily out in the far east. Lizardmen on the dragon isles seem like a given, with northern outposts for dark elves and scattered high elf colonies also make sense
  • FlyingWarPigWithPawsFlyingWarPigWithPaws Posts: 730Registered Users
    I think it would be stupid of them to not make ME the main map in WH 3. Its the biggest selling point by far, and they shouldnt have any trouble making the older races available to new players via cross game dlc.

Dividing the resources was a bad idea for Vortex as well, but at the time they weren't sure about the success of ME.
    Ungrim is no longer homesick.
  • FinishingLastFinishingLast Posts: 4,133Registered Users

I think it would be stupid of them to not make ME the main map in WH 3. Its the biggest selling point by far, and they shouldnt have any trouble making the older races available to new players via cross game dlc.

Dividing the resources was a bad idea for Vortex as well, but at the time they weren't sure about the success of ME.

They've confirmed in the past game 3 will have its own separate Vortex style map so don't see that changing unless they say something to indicate otherwise. Hopefully we at least get the combined campaign map at release or shortly after for game 3.
    Later
  • Greasus_GoldtoothGreasus_Goldtooth Posts: 112Registered Users

Aint happening chief.As long as they are making this 3 separate games there is litteraly no way they are gonna give us a ME style map, without owning all 3 games, as its the biggest selling point to have all 3 games. Well 99% get a Vortex style map focused araound somthing diffrent, (chaos) to start and then a month or 2 in get a ME style map only for people who own all 3 games.
  • NyxilisNyxilis Posts: 3,126Registered Users
    They can easily justify any single lord there for a plot macguffin.
  • humility925humility925 Posts: 34Registered Users
    edited September 14
    I rather had 3 type smaller map than one big map with too long turn, no matter how powerful computer is, it's still too long turn.