Welcome

Please register for Total War Access to use the forums. If you're an existing user, your forum details will be merged with Total War Access if you register with the same email or username. For more information please read our FAQ’s here.

Categories

Elector Count Secession

dreagondreagon Senior MemberPosts: 1,927Registered Users
It really should be a bit easier to predict which faction is going to secede. I had Averland try to secede out of nowhere. My relations with Averland were not great but it was positive and they were at 5 fealty. Secession should only be an option when the fealty is low (1 or 2) or when the relations with the faction are bad (-40 or something). Right now it's just way to random.
"The dog is a peasant and the cat is a gentleman." H.P. Lovecraft

Comments

• recidivistprecidivistp Junior Member Posts: 5Registered Users
    I have had the same twice now. Wissenland did once (at 3 feallty and high relations), at the same time that two stacks of Skullsmashaz attacked Helmgart, and with less than 1K prestige (as I'd been trying to up diplomacy with prestige, which actually seems a bit pointless now. So i reloaded that. I reinforced helmgart and skullsmashaz tried coming through mountains but after one stack defeated ran off, and no event with wissenland. Then a few turns later averland (5 fealty) has a go, but I had saved up the prestige. Feell like reloading to see what happens instead. Waaayyy too random and costly, especially with hits to diplomacy that you additionally get with declaring war with non-aggression pacts.
  • Tancred II von QuenellesTancred II von Quenelles Posts: 53Registered Users
    sorry for asking there - did you understand do the relations and prestige improve fealty or not?
  • dreagondreagon Senior Member Posts: 1,927Registered Users

sorry for asking there - did you understand do the relations and prestige improve fealty or not?

A little. For some I do have 1 fealty because of high relations.
    "The dog is a peasant and the cat is a gentleman." H.P. Lovecraft
  • Jman5Jman5 Posts: 98Registered Users
    I don't really mind the random secessions, I just hate how it's treated the same as if you declared a surprise war on an ally.

They really need to not have it impact your reliability rating because it screws your international relationships up for like half the game.
  • Tancred II von QuenellesTancred II von Quenelles Posts: 53Registered Users
    dreagon said:

A little. For some I do have 1 fealty because of high relations.
    Do I do nt get it too

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file