Welcome

Please register for Total War Access to use the forums. If you're an existing user, your forum details will be merged with Total War Access if you register with the same email or username. For more information please read our FAQ’s here.

Categories

Do you swear to tell the whole truth and nothing but the truth? Or is this marketing?

TennisgolfbollTennisgolfboll Posts: 7,684Registered Users
edited September 9 in Total War General Chat
https://forums.totalwar.com/discussion/246691/some-new-communication-about-warhammer/p2

In here Grace said they had not ruled out a crossgame DLC. This was back in july.

Now if someone was asked do you plan to fire all workers in England and sell all factories?

Or do you plan to attack x country?

And the answer is "we havent ruled it out" alot of people may think that nothing is decided yet but when plans are eventually made it might happen.

Truth is however the tanks are allready built. Soldiers gathered at the border with full batte plans. The higher ups have allready decided long ago. Indeed the attack will happen in two short months.

The factories have alleady been sold to other companies. The employees will not burden the companies budget after just 2 months.

When CA says it doesnt know if the preorder pack is a race? Well let us just say it is like above.

CA isnt being worse than other companies (not much better either). The info we get is, let us say prepared.
Read all my replies as if we are having a pint and a good old time. I will always read your reply like that.

Comments

• goliath55goliath55 Posts: 396Registered Users
    so they made a comment that was true " we haven't ruled out cross-game DLC".

How does that invalidate their other comment about not knowing what the preorder pack is yet? That's probably true as well! I don't think they have anything to gain from outright lying. On the other hand, why would they share those plans so far ahead of time? That would be ridiculous.
  • TennisgolfbollTennisgolfboll Posts: 7,684Registered Users
    goliath55 said:

so they made a comment that was true " we haven't ruled out cross-game DLC".

How does that invalidate their other comment about not knowing what the preorder pack is yet? That's probably true as well! I don't think they have anything to gain from outright lying. On the other hand, why would they share those plans so far ahead of time? That would be ridiculous.

I dont know what to tell you
    Read all my replies as if we are having a pint and a good old time. I will always read your reply like that.
  • Cortes31Cortes31 Posts: 697Registered Users
    edited September 9

What am I reading here?
    "In brightest day, in blackest night,
    No faction shall escape my sight.
    Let those who think deniers are right
    Beware my power--Faction Lantern's light!"

Everythime a faction/race is excluded from the trilogy, these games become smaller. RIP Araby and others.
  • lucibuislucibuis Posts: 2,493Registered Users
    I’m tired of them, they should stop playing stupid games and just say yes we will or no we wont
  • FabiFabi Posts: 158Registered Users
    I really cant blame them for being extremely careful with their announcements.

This community can go from "We love CA" to "Get the pitchforks!" in a matter of minutes.

It makes me sad to see what the internet has turned us into.

The Norsca trailer catchphrase would fit us perfectly.
  • MagicspookMagicspook Posts: 160Registered Users
    Fabi said:

I

What was it?
  • Bonutz619Bonutz619 Posts: 912Registered Users
    CA likes to play coy with their releases for the sole purpose of creating hype...and honestly, it works. CA drops these little hints of info that reveal just enough in order to make people go out of their minds trying to guess what it is.
  • Unruly_MarmiteUnruly_Marmite Junior Member Posts: 165Registered Users

Fabi said:

I

What was it?
    "We hunted monsters...and we became them"

If I recall correctly.
  • Vanilla_GorillaVanilla_Gorilla Posts: 16,432Registered Users
    This is a statement of the obvious.
    Game 3 must have variety in its core races. Ogres, Chaos Dwarfs, Kislev, and Demons of Chaos in its full iconic, glorious, undivided glory.
  • Xenos7Xenos7 Posts: 4,947Registered Users

Fabi said:

I

What was it?
    "We hunted monsters...and we became them"

If I recall correctly.
    It's actually a Nietzsche's catchphrase:)
  • ArsenicArsenic Posts: 4,562Registered Users
    Aye, I said this when people were talking about "No DLC for DLC".

CA were putting the dampeners on the prospect of crossgame DLC when they must have known what had been decided.

And look how well it worked in terms of being a surprise when it was announced, no wonder they did it, was incredibly well-received.

So were this Christmas Lord Pack to be a Wood Elf vs Beastmen DLC for DLC, I'd be surprised, but not shocked.
    "Ours is a world of fleeting glory. But it is glory, nonetheless."
  • Grimgor_the_CAkeGrimgor_the_CAke Posts: 1,665Registered Users
    Am I the only one who dun understand the op?
  • KandennKandenn Posts: 421Registered Users

Nop. Not at all.
  • dreagondreagon Senior Member Posts: 1,913Registered Users
    edited September 9

"The dog is a peasant and the cat is a gentleman." H.P. Lovecraft
  • Ephraim_DaltonEphraim_Dalton Senior Member Posts: 20,727Registered Users
    lucibuis said:

I’m tired of them, they should stop playing stupid games and just say yes we will or no we wont

The next update will remove WE and replace them with halflings. Can you say they ruled that out? Can't find any statement to them saying so, therefore it's as good as done!

• Vanilla_GorillaVanilla_Gorilla Posts: 16,432Registered Users

OP is pointing out that CA know the answers to our questions but answer them in deliberately vague ways.
    Game 3 must have variety in its core races. Ogres, Chaos Dwarfs, Kislev, and Demons of Chaos in its full iconic, glorious, undivided glory.
  • Sir_GodspeedSir_Godspeed Posts: 1,587Registered Users
    Corporate PR often plays coy because they want information to disseminate on their terms. This can be because they don't want to upset fans if they say that the product will be like this or that, and then the product changes in the meantime, which is quite common.

Outside of outright lies (*cough*Ubisoft*cough*) I don't think this is necessarily something to get worked too much up about.
  • dge1dge1 Moderator Arkansas, USAPosts: 18,657Registered Users, Moderators, Knights
    Sorry. Business discussion. Moved
    "The two most common things in the universe are Hydrogen and Stupidity." - Harlan Ellison
    "The right to be heard does not automatically include the right to be taken seriously." - Hubert H. Humphrey
    "Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.” - George Carlin
  • BreadboxBreadbox Posts: 780Registered Users
    Late to the party but if you have followed development of literally any TW you’d very familiar with PR technique of saying something while (in reality) saying nothing.

It’s just a more subtle version of ‘I could neither confirm or deny.’