Welcome

Please register for Total War Access to use the forums. If you're an existing user, your forum details will be merged with Total War Access if you register with the same email or username. For more information please read our FAQ’s here.

Categories

Development Update Blog

Comments

• blacksphemyblacksphemy Registered Users Posts: 258

Labria said:

Interesting blog. No more false hope for Araby or Cathay. B)

It-s quite the opposite. At least for Araby. Cathay, however...
    That's what I was reading too, there are a number of official references to Araby that have at least as much relevance as, say, Nakai...

It seemed to be a reminder that people are hanging on to fan-made army lists/ units (faerie dragons :| )when the truth is that whatever CA comes up with will be made independent of those lists. It's also a guarantee that all of our confirmation biases are affirmed. Ghorgon in 2020.
  • PaulHPaulH Registered Users Posts: 1,364
    Itharus said:

My Hobgoblins T_T.

Well, ****. Now what am I going to buy game 3 for?

Ogres kind of annoy me. Chaos isn't my thing at all. Kislev isn't different enough from the Empire to entice me as a built in faction.

I guess there's Chaos Dwarfs... but meh.

Now what? Hope for Hobgoblins was the main thing selling me on game 3. All the best races are already in the game.

Hopefully GW gets a clue.

Hobgoblins are part of the Chaos Dwarf roster. If they're adding Chaos Dwarfs, then Hobgoblins are getting added and they'll probably get fleshed out via dlc.
  • Red_DoxRed_Dox Junior Member Registered Users Posts: 2,888
    neodeinos said:

Labria said:

Labria said:

Is it warmaster part of official materials?
    It is official, there's still a slight hope for Araby but not for Cathay and I'm glad they said that honestly, maybe the Cathay fanboys will calm down and stop having crazy expectations.
    You actually know thet Cathay/Nippon had offical stuff around from GW in the first editions?

Since they did in fact not deny Cathay by name in their dev blog, I do not see why the Cathay dream should be dead now. Imo that wording they used was more towards those people who still believe that Pygmies, Amazons or Albion should suddenly play a actual powerplayer role on the worldstage, despite being not even considered a actual minor race ever.

------Red Dox
  • baronblackbaronblack Registered Users Posts: 3,202
    Labria said:

Labria said:

Just to end this argument: the loads of weapon variants we have in WH2 comes straight from Warmaster Models. for example Skaven Stormvermin with Swords and Shield came from Warmaster first.
    Also, I have discovered something about the War Wagon in War Master, but I need a confirmation (It seems they could mount Hellblasters and mortars instead of handgunners and there were "Elitès" version of Imperial Infantry that could be equipped with better armour)
  • neodeinosneodeinos Registered Users Posts: 3,271
    Red_Dox said:

neodeinos said:

Labria said:

Labria said:

It is official, there's still a slight hope for Araby but not for Cathay and I'm glad they said that honestly, maybe the Cathay fanboys will calm down and stop having crazy expectations.
    You actually know thet Cathay/Nippon had offical stuff around from GW in the first editions?

Since they did in fact not deny Cathay by name in their dev blog, I do not see why the Cathay dream should be dead now. Imo that wording they used was more towards those people who still believe that Pygmies, Amazons or Albion should suddenly play a actual powerplayer role on the worldstage, despite being not even considered a actual minor race ever.

------Red Dox
    Right, very little things from what, 2nd ed ? Not gonna happen lmao.
    Oh and about Araby
    https://www.reddit.com/r/totalwar/comments/d523if/dear_player_experience_manager_a_message_from_our/f0iy067/?context=3
  • SiWISiWI Senior Member Registered Users Posts: 10,599
    Red_Dox said:

neodeinos said:

------Red Dox

come on we both know that first edition might as well be a totally different licence...
    Ratling_Guns.gif?t=1554385892
    neodeinos said:

Red_Dox said:

neodeinos said:

Labria said:

Labria said:

------Red Dox
    Oh and about Araby
    https://www.reddit.com/r/totalwar/comments/d523if/dear_player_experience_manager_a_message_from_our/f0iy067/?context=3
    Ok, it's over.
  • twwatchertwwatcher Registered Users Posts: 2,352
    neodeinos said:

Red_Dox said:

neodeinos said:

Labria said:

Labria said:

------Red Dox
    Oh and about Araby
    That's a bit brutal. I preferred it when CA was coy.
  • blacksphemyblacksphemy Registered Users Posts: 258
    welp there goes araby
    So if the plans are these, and Kislev was on WH1 map...
    Oh boy, Kislev was completely out out from the beginning too.
  • FungusHoundFungusHound Registered Users Posts: 2,548

Well Monogod chances may have gone up...
  • ItharusItharus Senior Member Registered Users Posts: 8,100
    PaulH said:

Itharus said:

My Hobgoblins T_T.

Well, ****. Now what am I going to buy game 3 for?

Ogres kind of annoy me. Chaos isn't my thing at all. Kislev isn't different enough from the Empire to entice me as a built in faction.

I guess there's Chaos Dwarfs... but meh.

Now what? Hope for Hobgoblins was the main thing selling me on game 3. All the best races are already in the game.

Hopefully GW gets a clue.

Hobgoblins are part of the Chaos Dwarf roster. If they're adding Chaos Dwarfs, then Hobgoblins are getting added and they'll probably get fleshed out via dlc.
    They have tons of lore, way back when they had units and what not but I'm talking REALLY old rules. Their army list as it stands today remains non-existent as they never made it into the game, but there is a (rather decent) army list for the unofficial whfb 9th ed fan project. So... I was hoping CA would do their own take on it, but these comments have dashed my hopes.

The same things (old minis/rules wise) can be said of Cathay and apparently even Nippon (didn't know they had anything before Red Dox).

Araby has a Warmaster Roster, but also never made it into the WHFB game. It is the most fleshed out of all WHFB races that didn't have an in-game roster, though, and probably has the best chance of any of them.

Honestly though... if GW doesn't let CA do more with races that didn't have an army book in WHFB but are highly present in the lore - they're going to absolutely suffocate this series. Because they're running out of stuff. Game 3 is already a weak premise... the only thing it's selling on for some of us is continued support (since we all have seen how wh1 was dropped 100% like a hot rock immediately when wh2 came out).

It's really sad.

But honestly? I think it's what GW wants. They probably want this series to end and have CA start working on TW: Age of Sigmar - a product I will absolutely not be purchasing, I might add. It seems that GW is gleefully looking forward to crapping on WHFB fans all over again :(

Most disappointing dev blog ever.

And skipping here it goes until I got the MVPs Ogres and Dawi Zharr

Meh, a game with only Chaos is never going to happen.
  • Red_DoxRed_Dox Junior Member Registered Users Posts: 2,888
    edited September 2019
    SiWI said:

come on we both know that first edition might as well be a totally different licence...

I know. But CA did already dig into that older stuff and picked some RoR or some factions to spice up the Vortex campaign. If they want they could take what is there for Cathay, pick up every rare lore mention in later editions and actually work something out. Maybe even borrow Three Kingdom assets *shrug*. It is still not impossible.
    neodeinos said:

Oh and about Araby

We already know that we will not see another race pack during game#2 lifecycle. We still don't know if this includes the game#3 preorder, which similar to Norsca, can actually be for Vortex.
    We also know that we have right now 2, maybe 3(+) Crossover DLCs ahead. So even if they rapid fire them out every 3 months, that means March 2020 for Greenskin DLC/rework. Then possibly the last dlc in june, so the 4 Old World core races are all around on Vortex. Then you would still have another few months radio silence before game#3 would be announced and the preorder be revealed. Under the assumption not more dlc might roll in because game#3 development got delayed.

I am not sure "currently" might still hold up longterm. Kinda like "Soon™" not always means something is around the corner. I said it before and say it again: Araby is only counted out, when the game#3 preorder is revealed ;)

------Red Dox
    neodeinos said:

Never said it was going to be only Chaos.

neodeinos said:

Red_Dox said:

neodeinos said:

Labria said:

Labria said:

------Red Dox
    Oh and about Araby
    Ok, it's over.
    Yup, damn.

Well. I guess that's all she wrote folks. At least they confirmed Greenskins are getting and update. All I have to look forward to now :(

neodeinos said:

Ah my bad, I was thinking you did because I usually see people speculating about monogods also saying it's be only DoC.
  • Herr_ArnulfeHerr_Arnulfe Registered Users Posts: 755

Just to end this argument: the loads of weapon variants we have in WH2 comes straight from Warmaster Models. for example Skaven Stormvermin with Swords and Shield came from Warmaster first.
    Also, I have discovered something about the War Wagon in War Master, but I need a confirmation (It seems they could mount Hellblasters and mortars instead of handgunners and there were "Elitès" version of Imperial Infantry that could be equipped with better armour)

Not to mention, the Araby army for Warmaster was created by Rick Priestly, the grand poobah of Warhammer, which makes it official on principle.

Itharus said:

neodeinos said:

Red_Dox said:

neodeinos said:

Labria said:

Labria said:

------Red Dox
    Oh and about Araby
    Ok, it's over.
    Yup, damn.

Well. I guess that's all she wrote folks. At least they confirmed Greenskins are getting and update. All I have to look forward to now :(
    Hey Gnoblars had an entire army list. We could get some more Greenskins yet!
    neodeinos said:

neodeinos said:

Ah my bad, I was thinking you did because I usually see people speculating about monogods also saying it's be only DoC.
    I always though that "monogods" could be a way to replace the missing 4th race with 2 more DoC LL's.
    SiWI said:

neodeinos said:

neodeinos said:

I always though that "monogods" could be a way to replace the missing 4th race with 2 more DoC LL's.
    Imagine pre-ordering Chaos Warriors for WH3...
  • ConradToskanConradToskan Registered Users Posts: 216
    neodeinos said:

Oh and about Araby

Ok. Now we have at least confirmation.

I wish we would have gotten them. However there is a mod for them, so I will use this for the arabian dream.

Otherwise the blog post makes hope for a great future for WH. I hope the make WH3 really it's own game and not a race pack with a new map.
  • LolTHELolLolTHELol Registered Users Posts: 792
    edited September 2019
    I am extremely disappointed. We have now only have Kislev to wait for in terms of human factions.

At least I wont get my hopes up now, but in all honestly I am less excited for the future of the trilogy, Other than book races there seems to be no nice surprises like Norsca on the horizon.
    Post edited by LolTHELol on

Itharus said:

neodeinos said:

Red_Dox said:

neodeinos said:

Labria said:

Labria said:

------Red Dox
    Oh and about Araby
    Ok, it's over.
    Yup, damn.

:-|

Those things are just mutant snotlings and don't count :-P
    LolTHELol said:

I am extremely disappointed. We have now only have Kislev to wait for in terms of human factions.

At least I want get my hopes up now, but in all honestly I am less excited for the future of the trilogy, Other than book races there seems to be no nice surprises like Norsca on the horizon.

Well... it's not bright for them too...
    Hey CA? Mind a answer about DoW? "Dogs of War" chances fro TW WH?
    Itharus said:

Itharus said:

neodeinos said:

Red_Dox said:

neodeinos said:

Labria said:

Labria said:

------Red Dox
    Oh and about Araby
    Ok, it's over.
    Yup, damn.

:-|

Those things are just mutant snotlings and don't count :-P
    The correct term is Murder Muppets!

Well maybe we get a Savage Orc Pre-order but that seems unlikely.

SiWI said:

neodeinos said:

neodeinos said:

Imagine pre-ordering Chaos Warriors for WH3...
    ROFLMAO... owners of the original dlc better get it free :-P
  • MaedrethnirMaedrethnir Senior Member Registered Users Posts: 6,241
    Slaanesh monogod for pre-order confirmed.
    Drowned in stars, bloated we shine.
    ... .... .... --··-- -. --- - . .- .-. ... ·-·-·- --- -. .-.. -.-- -.. .-. . .- -- ... -. --- .-- ·-·-·-