Welcome

Please register for Total War Access to use the forums. If you're an existing user, your forum details will be merged with Total War Access if you register with the same email or username. For more information please read our FAQ’s here.

Categories

Araby's dead. Place your bets for the preorder

Comments

• AxiosXiphosAxiosXiphos Junior Member Registered Users Posts: 1,692

Bonutz619 said:

Gamgee said:

Well hype for game 3 is now dead. Only badguy factions lol or Empire and its hideous politics rework eugh. Well it was a good run guys but had to crash and mess up at some point.

"Game 3 is dead" is quite a statement considering we don't even know what's coming for Game 3 yet.
    Hype for. Game 3 will be a huge success, but if is a Chaos Bugaloo, won't certainly pick my interest. My opinion, ofc.
    That is a reasonable and sensible response to the whole thing.
  • CrossilCrossil Registered Users Posts: 8,813
    Told ya it's a distinct possibility that Araby(any maybe even DoW) won't be made.

They did say they don't know what game 3 pre-order will be but I'm not sure if with all these crossover LPs being planned that it will even be a race

UNLEASH THE EVERCHARIOT

• Federykx99Federykx99 Registered Users Posts: 562
    Pretty bad news. At least we can finally stop speculating now, though I wish they had told us earlier.
  • GingerRoeBroGingerRoeBro Senior Member Registered Users Posts: 3,041
    Yep monos instead of mishmash is the best outcome and only logical one and CA know it too, so that is why it's happening :)

Even if its one race at a time monos will come :)

Been right on that araby and dogs of war for years
    Bigger Budget for game 3?

They're gonna need it for all of the monogod glory.
    Which will be the "4 distinct gods representing the different aspects of Chaos such as Khorne, Slaanesh, Tzeentch, and Nurgle." :blush: ^CA quote

Thank you CA for seeing them as what they truly are.
    Let the Games Begin!
    https://warhammerfantasy.fandom.com/wiki/The_Great_Game
  • TennisgolfbollTennisgolfboll Registered Users Posts: 9,778
    RikRiorik said:

RikRiorik said:

I could have made an Araby army that would have been a salivating prospect given enough artistic freedom and source material to sift through.

The issue was characters, I think there were enough units frankly.
    Give them the Norsca treatment. Two characters. That would hardly have been what toppled the cow. Anyways, doesn't matter now. Araby is dead. Long live whatever else takes it's place (assuming something actually does)!
    Long live a lord pack then
    It needs to be pointed out that what people call "cheese" is just playing the game the way it actually exists not in some fictional way they think it is supposed to work.
  • RikRiorikRikRiorik Registered Users Posts: 9,367
    Crossil said:

Told ya it's a distinct possibility that Araby(any maybe even DoW) won't be made.

They did say they don't know what game 3 pre-order will be but I'm not sure if with all these crossover LPs being planned that it will even be a race

Everyone should reasonably know that virtually anything is a distinct possibility. To ignore this in favour of some wishful deterministic prediction is to invite insanity freely and willingly to reside within the dark recesses of one's dimly lit skull. Araby could still be on the cards somewhere down the line. But it does seem reasonably dead now.

But remember:

That is not dead which can eternal lie
    and with strange aeons even death may die
    Lord of the Undermountain and your friendly neighbourhood giant (Dwarf)
    Favourite campaigns: Clan Angrund, Followers of Nagash and the new Huntsmarshall’s Expedition
    RikRiorik said:

Crossil said:

Everyone should reasonably know that virtually anything is a distinct possibility. To ignore this in favour of some wishful deterministic prediction is to invite insanity freely and willingly to reside within the dark recesses of one's dimly lit skull. Araby could still be on the cards somewhere down the line. But it does seem reasonably dead now.

But remember:

Well they said they don't know what will be game 3 pre-order. But I have high doubts they aren't aware of the one race that still missing on the actual game 2 map. If they can't connect the two naturally then there's probably something else holding back Araby. And there's a high chance Loremaster of Sotek is right and it's something I agree with him on. GW is probably the one behind this, not CA, so it's not up to them.

UNLEASH THE EVERCHARIOT

• FungusHoundFungusHound Registered Users Posts: 3,820
    RikRiorik said:

Crossil said:

But remember:

So what you are saying is

FISHMEN CONFIRMED! PRAISE DAGON!
    Crossil said:

RikRiorik said:

Crossil said:

But remember:

Well they said they don't know what will be game 3 pre-order. But I have high doubts they aren't aware of the one race that still missing on the actual game 2 map. If they can't connect the two naturally then there's probably something else holding back Araby. And there's a high chance Loremaster of Sotek is right and it's something I agree with him on. GW is probably the one behind this, not CA, so it's not up to them.
    Who knows friend? Doesn't matter. We move on. At least we have a sweet Lord Pack to chew on and more goodies to come. We shed a tear, wipe it and brave the breach once more. Onwards, to glory!
    Favourite campaigns: Clan Angrund, Followers of Nagash and the new Huntsmarshall’s Expedition
    Dude, Nagash faction is all but confirmed in my books. No way in hell they don't implement him if they are going down the more recognizable aspects of Warhammer.

Undead Legions commeth. Dominion of living is forfeit.

UNLEASH THE EVERCHARIOT

• DarthKaDarthKa Registered Users Posts: 459
    Savage Orcs (appear as separate diplomatic option)
    Chaos Wastes (norscans are placeholders)
    Undead Legions (the other 2 races were undead)

For WH3 I can see Chaos vs Men, 2 factions each (DoC & Champions of Chaos vs Kislev/SR & Imperial Gods) and CD and OK as DLC

RikRiorik said:

Crossil said:

But remember:

I like the way you think. Must be all the fungi.
  • PLHenryPLHenry Registered Users Posts: 1,398
    Pre-order faction would probably be Clan Moulder then. They had a White Dwarf army list, there are missing units from the Skaven list from their clan, and CA know that there are many skaven fans out there who will pre-order just to get more Skaven.
    Crossil said:

Dude, Nagash faction is all but confirmed in my books. No way in hell they don't implement him if they are going down the more recognizable aspects of Warhammer.

Undead Legions commeth. Dominion of living is forfeit.

He would be the natural shoe in. Implementing him would certainly mean grabbing a lot of us by the moneymaker.
  • HisShadowBGHisShadowBG Registered Users Posts: 2,606
  • Harddrive44Harddrive44 Registered Users Posts: 613
    My bet is Kislev for the preorder. I think it makes the most sense.
    edited September 2019
    You know, I think game 3 might just go more the unification route if stuff like Savage Orcs, Clan Moulder and Nagash(and of course Monos) arrive. So you have different orc factions so it would be natural that LLs from Savage Orcs can join main Greenskin faction. Clan Moulder the same with other Skaven. Norsca's Wulfric and Throgg able to join WoC. DoC and WoC able to acquire Monos daemon and human LLs, respectively. And Nagash able to confed/subjugate his Mortarchs.

New options come to mind quickly for game 3.

UNLEASH THE EVERCHARIOT

• LabriaLabria Registered Users Posts: 1,353
    If CA will make Monogods, but not suicide with four chaos core races.
    Slaanesh can be preoder bonus. Khorne can be core race with three others races(Chaos Dwarfs, Kislev, Dogs of War or Ogre Kingdoms).

We will still have Tzeentch, Nurgle and another race for campaign packs.

Dogs of War is my second choice but we need more good guys in game 3.

Undead Legions have only one unique unit, no thanks.
    If Savage Orcs will become own race. They are better for FLC with Greenskins rework.
    Dwarfs need Slayer Lord pack: https://imgur.com/x74HxxU
    Liu Chong and He Yi should be playable in 194.
  • makar55makar55 Registered Users Posts: 2,310
  • Harddrive44Harddrive44 Registered Users Posts: 613
    makar55 said:

Cathay.

I doubt they will even be included in WH3
  • ShaddShadd Junior Member Registered Users Posts: 455
    Yep, looks like Monogods it is for WH3. Which makes sense, CA likes to stick to a unifying thematic theme and the Great Game as the centerpiece makes even more sense to drive the main campaign then the fight over the Vortex was.

Chaos Dwarfs and Ogres will be DLC.

Maybe Kislev for preorder, but I'll probably hold off on that until WH3 introduces a proper Chaos Invasion instead of the current sloppy implementation, don't want to burn out too quickly on likely the only minor underdog faction to get implemented until the polished challenge is available.
  • Stryke1983Stryke1983 Junior Member Registered Users Posts: 25
    Good. There are still a bunch of other factions that should be a higher priority. If Araby/Cathay/Nippon were to happen at all then I'd rather they come after all other factions are released in full.

• TheChocolateJesusTheChocolateJesus Senior Member Registered Users Posts: 1,428
    So with Araby out of the question I seriously hope it's not going to be freaking DoW. My hopes are now on Kislev.
    It's gotta be a Chocolate Jesus to keep me satisfied.
  • 39821739175248623982173917524862 Registered Users Posts: 1,146
    Appreciate the transparency. They even outright confirmed Nanman are being added in the future for 3K. WH side should get the same confirmations as well.
  • makar55makar55 Registered Users Posts: 2,310
    Izariel said:

makar55 said:

Cathay.

I doubt they will even be included in WH3
    Its up to GW to let CA do it I am sure CA are aware of chinese customers.
  • PLHenryPLHenry Registered Users Posts: 1,398

Good. There are still a bunch of other factions that should be a higher priority. If Araby/Cathay/Nippon were to happen at all then I'd rather they come after all other factions are released in full.

I'd like to know who these other factions are. Ogre Kingdoms, Daemons of Chaos and Chaos Dwarfs will be 3/4 starting factions for TWW3. So exactly what other factions are more of a priority?
  • DraculasaurusDraculasaurus Registered Users Posts: 4,499

So with Araby out of the question I seriously hope it's not going to be freaking DoW. My hopes are now on Kislev.

...for a preorder?
  • BonutzBonutz Registered Users Posts: 2,819

One does not affect the other. Unlike Araby, DoW have a full fledged army book with an abundance of units and rules. I find their inclusion not only likely, but practically guaranteed.

Whether that's in Game 2 or Game 3 is still up for debate. Nor do I know if they get implemented as a Southern Realms race or integrate DoW as a special type of mechanic for all races. Either way, I think DoW will be on our computer screens at some point.
  • FungusHoundFungusHound Registered Users Posts: 3,820
    edited September 2019
    RikRiorik said:

RikRiorik said:

Crossil said:

But remember:

I want to defend myself that my username isn't a drug reference and has more to do with my love of squigs, but considering Night Goblin culture...

But yeah its actually a squig thing
  • GingerRoeBroGingerRoeBro Senior Member Registered Users Posts: 3,041
    edited September 2019

RikRiorik said:

RikRiorik said:

Crossil said:

But remember:

I want to defend myself that my username isn't a drug reference and has more to do with my love of squigs, but considering Night Goblin culture...

But yeah its actually a squig thing
    I sincerely doubt it was meant as a negative. If anything it was kinda funny.

Ughhh, fish men, it just sounds wierd to me :lol:

Bigger Budget for game 3?

They're gonna need it for all of the monogod glory.
    Which will be the "4 distinct gods representing the different aspects of Chaos such as Khorne, Slaanesh, Tzeentch, and Nurgle." :blush: ^CA quote

Thank you CA for seeing them as what they truly are.
    Let the Games Begin!
    https://warhammerfantasy.fandom.com/wiki/The_Great_Game