Welcome

Please register for Total War Access to use the forums. If you're an existing user, your forum details will be merged with Total War Access if you register with the same email or username. For more information please read our FAQ’s here.

Categories

Graphics will not save & other issues...

mattkiffmattkiff Posts: 3Registered Users
edited August 25 in Performance & Graphics
My graphics settings refuse to save on each start-up of the game. It reverts to 1080p resolution when my native is 2k.

I've checked my appdata scripts folder but I have no preferences, they never save. This is why I'm not attaching the preference script file to this post.

Thought it might be the game, verified integrity of the files, and even re-installed. The problem still persists.

I also disabled the Nvidia GeForce Experience while in-game, that doesn't help to save.

Lastly, when I try do change my in-game resolution to 2k, my mouse gets offset and it becomes impossible to accurately click in-game.

Does anyone have any advice? I feel like I've exhausted my options at this point.
Tagged:

Comments

• BillyRuffianBillyRuffian Moderator UKPosts: 36,161Registered Users, Moderators, Knights
    You could try using this pre-made basic preferences.script https://forums.totalwar.com/discussion/comment/1968012/#Comment_1968012 and editing it to suit your system.

"He uses statistics as a drunken man uses lamp-posts - for support rather than illumination." (Andrew Lang)

|Takeda| Yokota Takatoshi

Forum Terms and Conditions: - https://forums.totalwar.com/discussion/172193/forum-terms-and-conditions#latest

"We wunt be druv". iot6pc7dn8qs.png
  • mattkiffmattkiff Posts: 3Registered Users
    edited August 25
    Thanks for the response.

Tried both the copy and paste notepad method & the pre-made preferences file. When I try to save as and switch the encoding I see:
    ANSI
    UTF-16 LE
    UTF-16 BE
    UTF-8
    UTF with BOM

Should I be seeing Unicode as on of the drop-downs? Or are these variations of Unicode?

For what it's worth I tried every single one and tried the save as method, none of these encodings made it change. Oddly now with these saved, the game launches with a default 1024X768 with low settings. Thoughts?
  • MurthorOathstone12MurthorOathstone12 Posts: 54Registered Users
    I have this issue as well, I am currently reinstalling the game but since you said that reinstalling doesn't fix it, I feel like I wasted my efforts. Why can't CA properly test their patches BEFORE sending them out?
    Khazukan Kazakit-ha!

"In the centuries I have been the High King, our enemies have thought us weak, cowards hiding in the deepest, darkest places. Heh, fools! Every wrong is recorded. Every slight against us, page after page, etched in blood! Clan Gurnisson! Karak Eight-Peaks! Josef Bugman! The Urks must pay, Let them come..."

"One wrong put right, yet the Great Book of Grudges...remains full..."

- High King Thorgrim Grudgebearer.
  • MurthorOathstone12MurthorOathstone12 Posts: 54Registered Users
    edited September 15
    the dead bodies still revert back to the 30 seconds mark before they disappear. so reinstalling didn't fix the issue.
    Post edited by MurthorOathstone12 on
    Khazukan Kazakit-ha!

"In the centuries I have been the High King, our enemies have thought us weak, cowards hiding in the deepest, darkest places. Heh, fools! Every wrong is recorded. Every slight against us, page after page, etched in blood! Clan Gurnisson! Karak Eight-Peaks! Josef Bugman! The Urks must pay, Let them come..."

"One wrong put right, yet the Great Book of Grudges...remains full..."

- High King Thorgrim Grudgebearer.
  • mattkiffmattkiff Posts: 3Registered Users
    Oddly enough my problem seems to have been resolved in this last patch. Generally my FPS is more stable and my preferences are saved upon each start-up.

I still have to run at my native 1440p with a run-in window to accurately click in full screen, but other than that it seems to work.

I'm not sure if the patch has any relevant improvements to optimization or generally my newer hardware. I recently upgraded to an AMD 3700X and an RTX 2070 Super, maybe the patch includes improvements to these? Either way, solved!

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file