Welcome

Please register for Total War Access to use the forums. If you're an existing user, your forum details will be merged with Total War Access if you register with the same email or username. For more information please read our FAQ’s here.

Categories

What game characters models do really like and dislike?

Inspired by.

I think Morathi looks fine. As does the Fey Enchantress, although I can see the criticism when it comes to the other Bretonnian women models.

Well, as I pointed, Morathi should look much, much better.

So, few best and worst models in some factions, as an example. Mostly humanoids.

The Empire.
Karl Franz, Markus Wulfhart, some wizards like bright and empire reiksguards - are great!

Greenskin tribes.
Grimgor Ironhide - great looks!

Dwarf realms.
All four legendary lords - are nice.

Vampire counts.
Mannfred von Carstein - looking good!

Isabella von Carstein, vampire heroes, lahmians lords and banshees - all are sad. Can be much better.
Blood dragons and blood knights heads are ugly.

Bretonnian kingdons.
Grail knights and beastslayers of Bastonne - are nice.

Fay Enchantress - base model is good, but can be vastly improved.

Prophetesses - are mediocre. Subject to improvement.

Questing knights and foot squires - are bad.

Damsels - are truly ugly.

Wood elves.
Durthu - is great!

Glade Lords, males and females and spellsingers - are so-so. Not bad, but, must be greatly improved.

Wardancers - very mediocre. Can be vastly improved.

Orion and waywatchers without masks - are ugly. Total remodel of heads needed.

High elves.
Shadow warriors, white lions of Chrace and phoenix guards - are admirable!

Princesses and Handmaidens of the Everqueen - are good! Can be improved in body shape.

Sisters of Avelorn - are fine. Still, can be improved.

Tyrion, Princes - are so-so. Can be improved in faces.

Alith Anar and mages - are not great. Heavy remodel needed.

Teclis and Alarielle the Radiant - are ugly. Alarielle must be seductive young beauty. She is Tyrion's lover. Teclis needs new face.

Dark elves.
Malekith - is astonishing!

Male dreadlords, death hags and executioners - are beautiful!
Death hags' bodies can be a little adjusted. But, still, - they are, currently, the best female models in the game, by far.

Supreme sorceress and Khainite assassins - are good. Supreme sorceress still need some adjustments to body, and much less black makeup.

Female dreadlords (unmasked) - are bad! Remodel needed.

Morathi and sorceresses (heroes) - are ugly. Total remodel with stellar better faces and bodies needed.

Crone Hellebron - horribly ugly. Total rework.

Comments

• The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • Deep_echo_soundDeep_echo_sound Registered Users Posts: 601
    Dark elves.

Sisters of slaughter - are bad, like female dreadlords.

Witch elves - are ugly!
  • BaronRodneyBaronRodney Registered Users Posts: 1,072
    You have a very strange obsession here. What exactly do you want the female characters in this game to look like? And why?
  • t1taant1taan Registered Users Posts: 54
    I feel sorry for you.

You have a very strange obsession here. What exactly do you want the female characters in this game to look like? And why?

They dont fit his fap fantasy standards.
  • SeanJeanquoiSeanJeanquoi Registered Users Posts: 3,413
    I really like Isabella at the mo, the other vampire ladies though, yikes.

Most of the LL models are pretty top notch, especially if we're talking about inhuman ones.

TBH I think the human generic lords of game 1 overall need a good seeing to: damsels, vampire ladies, and holy **** the empire! I literally can't bring myself to use that old man model, I've yet to see a captain that doesn't look like him and 70% of the elector counts have his face.

In the coming update I really really hope CA can add some more generic model diversity.
    edited September 2019
    I actually really like Morathi's model, especially with that mod that takes the dirt away and tones down the makeup. Honestly think that's all she needs, I hate those mods that turn her and Alarielle into Barbie's

They're supposed to be queen's, woman! not little girls.
  • Deep_echo_soundDeep_echo_sound Registered Users Posts: 601

I actually really like Morathi's model, especially with that mod that takes the dirt away and tones down the makeup. Honestly think that's all she needs, I hate those mods that turn her and Alarielle into Barbie's

They're supposed to be queen's, woman! not little girls.

I use that mod too.
    But they all are just modified textures. No real remodel, that is really needed.
  • MaedrethnirMaedrethnir Senior Member Registered Users Posts: 13,532
    Judging by how Witch Elves look I were afraid Morathi will end up like this

• DraculasaurusDraculasaurus Registered Users Posts: 4,771
    Is this really just a thread complaining that the ladies in a video game aren't hot enough? Seriously?

This sucks so bad holy **** who cares.
  • SetrusSetrus Senior Member SwedenRegistered Users Posts: 18,767
    Never been a fan of way watchers but like the dryads and wild riders.

VC Zombies are a bit on the old side but I love the banshee and grave guard. Krell is just amazing.

I don't like the high hats on ellyrion Reaver's? Rest are sooo good.

Like all dark elves models.

Love skaven models in general, plague bearers look maybe a bit weird.

Bretonnia knights are all amazing.

I love every greenskin model besides black orcs who are a bit dull.

Not a big fan of any dog/wolf model out there, besides the cool ones goblins ride.

Lizardmen look amazing, though the saurus jump around a bit too much to my tastes in combat.

Dwarf troops still look so great, though I've Never liked the slayer models, even from the tabletop.
    Don't worry.
    Har Ganeth Exocutioners: I hate that Executioners are all bald. They should have the big flowing hair that Tullaris has.

Witch Elves: they're way to skinny and mishapen. I don't want them to be more attractive just less weirdly proportioned, they look like twigs with large heads and shoulders but tiny waists and hips. Just meet in the middle a bit.

Alith Anar: now here's a character that needs to be more sexy. It's almost like he's got infinite bags under his eyes and he's glaring so hard they might pop out of his head. More androgynous Anar with better hair is my wish.

Teclis and Tyrion: they have a similar problem to Anar in that they're eyes are wired and they're faces are pretty crushed inside their helmets.

Wulfhart: Markus looks amazing but his model shows off an issue with the engine: the lighting on things like hair strands and fur looks so dodgy.

Orion: make him less of a total unit and more agile like he is in the art.

Alberic: he gets a bad wrap but I actually play him the most. He's missing a certain something about his model, I don't mind him having a helmet but he shouldn't just be a total generic knight with a trident).

Norscans look accurate I suppose but they also look absolutely ridiculous and I hate the beefy naked meat slabs. We need some body diversity and some woman in their ranks too (or at least some valkaries and shield maiden units).

• TorusNCTorusNC Registered Users Posts: 14
    Going along with the theme of this thread ...

Skaven: Skrolk is sexiest model.
  • theedge634theedge634 Senior Member Registered Users Posts: 2,212

Har Ganeth Exocutioners: I hate that Executioners are all bald. They should have the big flowing hair that Tullaris has.

Witch Elves: they're way to skinny and mishapen. I don't want them to be more attractive just less weirdly proportioned, they look like twigs with large heads and shoulders but tiny waists and hips. Just meet in the middle a bit.

Alith Anar: now here's a character that needs to be more sexy. It's almost like he's got infinite bags under his eyes and he's glaring so hard they might pop out of his head. More androgynous Anar with better hair is my wish.

Teclis and Tyrion: they have a similar problem to Anar in that they're eyes are wired and they're faces are pretty crushed inside their helmets.

Wulfhart: Markus looks amazing but his model shows off an issue with the engine: the lighting on things like hair strands and fur looks so dodgy.

Orion: make him less of a total unit and more agile like he is in the art.

Alberic: he gets a bad wrap but I actually play him the most. He's missing a certain something about his model, I don't mind him having a helmet but he shouldn't just be a total generic knight with a trident).

Norscans look accurate I suppose but they also look absolutely ridiculous and I hate the beefy naked meat slabs. We need some body diversity and some woman in their ranks too (or at least some valkaries and shield maiden units).

Yea, Chaos Marauders and Warriors are actually really badly proportioned. The run animation on the Marauder/Warrior/Choseen models is really pretty bad. In a game full of good animating, their running animation comes off extremely cartoonish.

Is this really just a thread complaining that the ladies in a video game aren't hot enough? Seriously?

This sucks so bad holy **** who cares.

I think there are fair critiques that can be made to guys and woman in the game without falling into the shallow 'gimmie more t*rs!' arguments.

A model like the damsel for example isn't one I want to be sexy but it's one that's obviously in dire need of a top up, in terms of diversity, textures and animations (I'm talking about the hero mainly) it's the same story with the Empire generals who are so mundane
  • t1taant1taan Registered Users Posts: 54
    TorusNC said:

Going along with the theme of this thread ...

Skaven: Skrolk is sexiest model.

He's #Skrolkdaddy for a reason.
  • HelhoundHelhound Registered Users Posts: 4,887
    We doing this by the faction? K:

Empire:
    -Good- Karl Franz on Deathclaw
    -Bad- Knights of Morr

Dwarfs:
    -Good- Grombrindal
    -Bad- Giant Slayers

Greenskins:
    -Good- Arachnarok
    -Bad- None these guys are fun

Vamps:
    -Good- Mortis Engine
    -Bad- Vlad

Bret:
    -Good- Green Knight
    -Bad- Albrecht

Chaos:
    -Good- Aspiring Champions
    -Bad- Forsaken

Welfs:
    -Good- Wardancers
    -Bad- Sisters of Thorn

Beastmen:
    -Good- Cygor
    -Bad- Malagor

Norsca:
    -Good- Wulfrik + Mammoth
    -Bad- Ice Trolls

Helfs:
    -Good- Alith Anar
    -Bad- Tiranoc Chariots

Delfs:
    -Good- Kharybdis
    -Bad- Hellebrone

Lizards:
    -Good- Dread Saurian
    -Bad- Gor Rok

Skaven:
    -Good- Ratlings
    -Bad- Hellpit

Tomb Kings:
    -Good- Tomb Scorpion
    -Bad- Necro Knights

Vamp Coast:
    -Good- Queen Bess
    -Bad- Leviathan
  • RikisRikis Registered Users Posts: 1,346
    edited September 2019
    There's a clear pattern in that list of yours... Anyways, I find most models excellent, dont know whats with the obsession/disdain of female warriors with a bit of muscle. Although I'll give you that the damsel's of Brettonia could look better.

As for the topic, all vampire's look excellent in my opinion, male and female and everything in between. Mainly personal taste though sense I like my vampires to look monstrous, I hate the pretty edgy vampires, that's the dark elves shtick.

For models I hate... any that has clipping issues, man I hate clipping. Cant look at the Norscan marauder champions to long sense their forearm armor clips through their shields. They look great otherwise.

My favorite by far has to be Count Noctilus, he just strikes all my favorites in a evil dark lord. When's the last time you saw a Sauron heavy armored big bad that also happens to be a pirate king, on top of being a vampire necromancer? Over the top ridiculously awesome if you ask me. Mannfred a close second, if only he wore a hat or something...
  • ArneSoArneSo Hamburg, Germany Registered Users Posts: 26,259
    My favourite character models:

1. Noctilus
    2. Gor Rok
    3. Vlad
    4. Nakai
    5. Settra
    6. Karl Franz

Character models I don’t like:
    1. Fat opera Lady
    2. Kemmler
    3. Skrolk
    4. Helman „nobody“ ghorst
    5. Morathi
    6. Aranessa
    Nurgle is love, Nurgle is life
  • MagicspookMagicspook Registered Users Posts: 907
    I came expecting a thread about good and bad models and, judging by most of comments, the other forumnites did the same. However, the OP seems more a rant about how the female models are not sexy enough in his eyes.

Now then, speaking of models: I absolutely hate alith anar. His head is like 250% the size of a normal human (elf) head. Most awesome model would be either noctilus or arkhan (all TK models are awesome).

As for units: I like dryads and the animations for skaven units (although sometimes I think the twitching is a little overdone). I like how skeletons can lose their limbs (I once saw a headless skeleton run ahead of its unit and decapitate one of the stragglers of a norscan unit it was pursuing. It was glorious). The only unit that I think of when I want to bring up an ugly one is that banshees have a shader that makes them look as though they have beards.
  • RikisRikis Registered Users Posts: 1,346
    Man I completely forgot my man Arkhan the black! Tied for first place with Noctilus.
  • AsyranAsyran Registered Users Posts: 573
    edited September 2019
    Alith Anar’s model sucks, his head is way to big for his shrimps body. Looks like a bobble head. Resize his head and I would like it.
    Post edited by Asyran on
  • MaedrethnirMaedrethnir Senior Member Registered Users Posts: 13,532
    Asyran said:

Alith Anar’s model sucks, his head is way to big for his shrimps body. Looos like a bobble head. Resize his head and I would like it.

I could not agree more.

Also find someone else to do his lines. Make it optional so that fans of Valley Anar won't have a reason for complaint.

He is the only HE LL I just can't play with.
  • tomdoof206tomdoof206 Junior Member Registered Users Posts: 140
    I feel like ushabti and chaos warriors look weird. Ushabti really need to be wielding greatweapons and their statue animation does not look very good. Chaos warriors just look off, compared to the chosen they don't look all that great.
    Most everything else is pretty damn good and I don't hate the ushabti or chaos warriors I just think they could be done a bit better.
  • Mr_Finley7Mr_Finley7 Junior Member Registered Users Posts: 6,925
    Really hate the voice acting for Alith Anar, hes one of the oldest elves alive, weighed down by centuries of sorrow and strife and bloodshed. Why did they give his lines to a young guy with weird pronunciations?

As far as models to be sexified , in keeping with the theme of the OPs request, I guess it would be cool if all the empire guys had bigger cod piece bulges. Sounds like hes got all the females covered but for some reason he forgot the fellas.
  • 55JoNNo55JoNNo Registered Users Posts: 2,234
    The models are pretty great generally, but some of the game 1 races could have done with a do over in some respects.

Empire Greatswords / Empire Captain - all of these guys are old dudes and some of them look more like merchants than gnarled veterans. A lot of the models had them as slightly more muscular, intimidating.

Bretonnia is good but they really could have done with a few tweaks. For example, the Knight helmets are very bucket-like up close. In all the art and reference material you can not see their eyes through the visor in their helms. This made them look way more intimidating and mysterious. I also hate the fact that Paladin and Lords change their coat of arms battle to battle. Why are all grail knight cloaks white ? It looks unfinished. They could also have differentiated them a little more from Knights of the Realm than just adding a cloak. Also foot squires and questing Knights should not share a model at all.

Bohemond for game 3 please!

• 55JoNNo55JoNNo Registered Users Posts: 2,234
    I also wish wardancers had some male units , the ones with the David Bowie labyrinth hair

Bohemond for game 3 please!

• WaaaghCheifWaaaghCheif Junior Member Registered Users Posts: 2,295
    Ignoring OPs obession, I'd argue this is actual models that need a revisit.

Outriders/Pistoliers - They are missing their own uniform, they are Greatswords on horses with guns.

Steam Tank - Yes they revsisited it with the recent update, but sadly as they themselves admitted, Steam Tank was one of the first models made and thus is low res and isn't made for the high res texture band aid it got.

Chaos Warriors - No intimidating helmets or encased armor as every portrayal of them has.

Chaos Marauders - Missing their pants.

Empire Captain - Could do with one more head variation.

Alith Anar - his proportions are off. Head too big for body and facial features.

I do have some irks about some characters OP has, but instead of just saying ugly; I'll try to give constructive criticism here;

Damsels - they're textures are blocky and look bad compared to their lord counterparts; Prophtesses. Don't need a whole remodel, just a texture/face touch up as they did with SunRen/Zheng Jiang.

Witch Elves/Crone Hellebron - Their textures are noisy and muddy compared to the Death Hag and Sisters of Slaughter.

Other than that? CA has done a astonishing job bringing these characters from miniature and artwork to life. Most of these I listed don't require a comprehensive remodel either, just a maintenance visit.
  • Vanilla_GorillaVanilla_Gorilla Registered Users Posts: 30,967
    I really dislike the Ogre models. Specifically the bit where they're not in the game yet.
    "There's no fun in picking on the weak. If you must, go for the mountain high, the language most foreign, target the strong." - Kenny Florian

"I like small words" - Winsy C

Forum Terms & Conditions

I am The Beast, Son of Guanyin, The one who beasts 25 hours a day, 8 days a week, The Vanilla Gorilla, Conqueror of Mountains, purveyor of wisdom, Official forum historian, Master Tamer of energy, the one they fear to name, Beastradamus, Greater Demon of the Ogre Kingdoms, Teller of Truths, Enemy of Lies, Emperor of a lost Empire

I think one of the reasons the Death Hags look so amazing is because they actually have clothes. The sorceresses look so dumb wearing actual bikinis as do the witch Elves (I know it's not much more but it's enough).

This is an issue with the DE aesthetic in general...the problem being that they don't really have one, because they're designed for T&A first and foremost which is boring.
  • DaGangsterDaGangster Junior Member Registered Users Posts: 1,695
    I wish Vlad didn't look so much like a corpse and the blood dragons face is just aweful. Other than those I don't have any complaints.

Team Vampire Counts

"Many players cannot help approaching a game as an optimization puzzle. What gives the most reward for the least risk? What strategy provides the highest chance – or even a guaranteed chance – of success? Given the opportunity, players will optimize the fun out of a game."

- Soren Johnson

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file