Welcome

Please register for Total War Access to use the forums. If you're an existing user, your forum details will be merged with Total War Access if you register with the same email or username. For more information please read our FAQ’s here.

Categories

In ProgressGame displaying White boxes before crashing

vinivssvinivss Posts: 3Registered Users
edited September 30 in Performance & Graphics

the game first freezes and then either blacks out the screen or gets white boxes all over the screen before crashing

it is always a few minutes after I start the game and do anything after loading in.

Version Number: 0d492664-8886-54a6-8b84-edace1be0672

Specs :

intel i7-8700K CPU
16 GB DDR4 Corsair Ram
Nvidia GtX 1080

Game is installed on Samsung SSD 860 EVO 1 TB

Post edited by CA_Hamish on

Comments

• CA_HamishCA_Hamish Posts: 125Registered Users, Moderators, CA Staff Mods, CA Staff, SEGA
    Hi @vinivss

Sorry to hear you have encountered this issue. Thank you for providing the information attached in your post. Please try attempting the below in order to resolve the issue:
    1. Opt out of any Steam betas if selected in Total War: Three Kingdoms
    2. Verify the integrity of game files by right clicking on Total War: Three Kingdoms application in steam and selecting the Local files tab
    3. Update your Nvidia graphics drivers to latest.
    Does the issue occur with the game in a different graphics preset? i.e. Running in Windowed mode vs Fullscreen as defined in your preferences.script.

Thanks in advanced and let us know how you get on.

CA_Hamish :)
  • enoetileenoetile Posts: 1Registered Users
    I have the same issue. I have an i7 6700k, 32GB RAM, and an Nvidia 1070 GTX. I have updated the drivers and verified the integrity of the files. The bug happens every time I load up the game and play for more than 5 minutes. I've tried turning down video settings, turning off resource intensive settings and using the nvidia experience optimization to try fix it, and I have had no success. I am also not opted into any of the betas and my current version of the game is 1.2.0 and is the most updated version according to Steam.