Welcome

Please register for Total War Access to use the forums. If you're an existing user, your forum details will be merged with Total War Access if you register with the same email or username. For more information please read our FAQ’s here.

Categories

Maybe it's just me but I don't see the point of Saga's...

13»

Comments

• agentbermy441agentbermy441 Posts: 18Registered Users

@agentbermy441 "not no fortnite, moba or apm" so you do want these things?

Fortnite and Mobas are both highly complex, highly skilled games. Yes they require fast action, but that's been true of games throughout your entire life.

There's an entire world of gaming out there for every type of gamer. There's plenty of strategy games. That fast paced games exist doesn't make the incredibly complex Dwarf Fortress not exist. This idea that games are being dumbed down is simply false. Doom isn't a complex strategy game today and it wasn't when it first released.

@3982173917524862 While folk are allowed to throw vitriol I don't think they should be listened to.

The feeling is mutual as obviously you can’t see that gaming quality is going down hill..

I can't see it because that's simply not the case. I get you for whatever reason want it to be true but that doesn't make it so.
    I know! The feeling is mutual.
  • vintagepurplevintagepurple Posts: 708Registered Users
    Good to know that this one random dude's opinion about video games is objectively correct.

I wonder what the guys in 2003 screaming about how Rome 1 was dumbed down crap for casuals would think about how he views it.
  • dge1dge1 Moderator Arkansas, USAPosts: 18,657Registered Users, Moderators, Knights
    Let's keep personal comments out of the conversation folks. Thanks.
    "The two most common things in the universe are Hydrogen and Stupidity." - Harlan Ellison
    "The right to be heard does not automatically include the right to be taken seriously." - Hubert H. Humphrey
    "Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.” - George Carlin
  • Vanilla_GorillaVanilla_Gorilla Posts: 16,432Registered Users
    Gaming's in an age where right now there's more quality and quantity than ever. If Epic succeeds in its quest to give more profits to producers that can only increase.
    Game 3 must have variety in its core races. Ogres, Chaos Dwarfs, Kislev, and Demons of Chaos in its full iconic, glorious, undivided glory.
  • BreadboxBreadbox Posts: 780Registered Users

@ConstantineZAyn "could". They could do lots of things, they could work on Rome 2 DLC, they could work on Medieval 3, they could be laid off because CA has limited resources and using them on a team that doesn't have a role isn't exactly the most logical idea.

The suggestion that if the Saga team wasn't working on a Saga game that TWW would immediately benefit is quite simply baseless. Sure, that could be the case, but it's unlikely. If CA wanted extra resources for the TWW team then they could simply do that.

You’re posting nonsense and ignoring my statements just for the sake of it. Go look at Red Dead Redemption 2. At some point every single rockstar studio was developing that game, 17 studios working as a single team. They could easily have those studios making cash grabs but they poured all of their resources into one excellent game. Do I need to continue walking you through this or can you process it on your own?
    How ridiculous. Do you honestly believe that Rockstar was putting all their resources into Red Dead Redemption 2, and not supporting and developing their other games? Beyond that the potential market size for a Total War game is probably 15% of what Red Dead Redemption 2 could target. Your example is flawed on so many levels.

You are right though, CA "could" put all their resources into WH. If they did they would see diminishing returns on their investments and make less money than if they developed multiple games. TW:Warhammer 2 already is the best game of its type in the market.
    "Other games". There are none except for GTA online and mobile releases of old games They had I believe 4,000 people developing RDR2. The size of the studio or game is irrelevant, what matters is that one studio chose to focus itself to one project. This one is spread thin, making cashgrabs.

My example is "flawed on so many levels", yet you only mention two, both being more of a result of your own lack of knowledge.

@ConstantineZAyn "could". They could do lots of things, they could work on Rome 2 DLC, they could work on Medieval 3, they could be laid off because CA has limited resources and using them on a team that doesn't have a role isn't exactly the most logical idea.

The suggestion that if the Saga team wasn't working on a Saga game that TWW would immediately benefit is quite simply baseless. Sure, that could be the case, but it's unlikely. If CA wanted extra resources for the TWW team then they could simply do that.

You’re posting nonsense and ignoring my statements just for the sake of it. Go look at Red Dead Redemption 2. At some point every single rockstar studio was developing that game, 17 studios working as a single team. They could easily have those studios making cash grabs but they poured all of their resources into one excellent game. Do I need to continue walking you through this or can you process it on your own?
    You don't have a point, you've got a petty insult and a "could". There's simply no reason to believe those resources would be transferred to TWW. There's simply no reason to believe that this would be the case. Petty insults don't change that. As I said as far as we know Saga has no affect on TWW. "Could" does not change this.

Now, if you want to have a discussion I'm happy to, if you're going to keep hurling insults then I'm simply not interested.
    Once again you ignore my whole comment and get hung up on a tiny part of it. My point is simple and straightforward. It is irrelevant where those resources go, my point is that they could and should go to Warhammer. Saying they might not doesn't invalidate that. It is you who doesn't get the point, and doesn't have one himself.
    Could and should go to Warhammer... why? Don't get me wrong I like WH but that doesn't mean I'm willing to take a dump on those who don't. The last 2 Saga games sold well, it makes CA money, that's what companies like to do, I'm surprised you don't know this.
    Haha EA limes to make money and churn out games yearly and so do many others and evidence has shown it destroys the brand and all you have left is hollow games that don’t dig deep. Most memorable games I played are ones that aren’t released annually.
    EA and every other game company. CA's main releases are very rarely done within a year, however, they are a much larger company these days with Sega backing them up.

What's wrong? Are you after the good old days? Let me tell you a quick story.. one day there was a game developer called CA, who owned one of the most popular PC strategy games and had very high sells whenever it was released. They were so popular, in fact, CA went out of business and Sega offered to take them over. The moral of this story is, it doesn't matter how good your game is, if you don't inject a sense of realism you go bust.

This is the main reason why CA very rarely take business advise from the people on this forum.. they appreciate you playing the game and all but just don't get too upset when they ignore your quality business advice.
    And look at the current state of gaming now...shallower and yearly..no thanks I can wait for a good game but will never accept cheaper experiences.
    The state of gaming now? You mean flushed with more talent and more great products than ever? I understand the whole nostalgia thing, time makes things that are fondly remembered rose tinted. That said I've got absolutely no desire to go back to the days where broken games couldn't be patched, where the variety in gaming was far more restricted, where it wasn't so easy for independent developers to make and sell their products. You're focusing on a small section of the market and saying it represents the whole when it simply does not. Hell, gaming's looking ever more brighter. Epic taking on Steam has the potential to result in far greater margins for game makers (steam takes a 30% cut, Epic takes a 12% cut) which in a few years could result in far more investment in games from producers.
    Not nostalgia at all I just know “hardcore” strategy and turn based games have gone down hill with the rise of the short attention gamers nowadays. We probably have vastly different standards of what a quality game is and quite frankly I can on my fingers how much good games there are out of all genre’s. The only games so far that I have my eyes on in the future is bannerlord2 and hopefully star citizen. I don’t even play battle royale games. The main shooter I played was arms 3 so back to my statement. Gaming quality is is getting worse in terms of gameplay and deepness to cater to the give me now crowd. And more and more companies are catering and pushing things out more frequently which if continued will most likely head down the road of mediocrity.

I do not think I have seen the mindset of selective, delusional nostalgia captured so perfectly in a single post. No only do you long for a perfect past that never existed, the only
    ‘Games’ you look forward are games that are floaty ideals that will never live up to the hype or ever be released for the matter.

And no, nobody who posts here like moba or battleroyle or arcade shooter that much. Arcadish games has being more popular(tho mobas and battleroyale are hardly arcade) when has that ever not being the case?