Welcome

Please register for Total War Access to use the forums. If you're an existing user, your forum details will be merged with Total War Access if you register with the same email or username. For more information please read our FAQ’s here.

Categories

Behind The Dwarf: Brian Blessed

2»

Comments

• dchip1dchip1 Posts: 538Registered Users
    Gotrek looks and sounds awesome! Gonna have to get my hands on that magazine...
  • ItharusItharus Senior Member Posts: 7,340Registered Users
    Must find picture of him in Cats...
  • RifugioRifugio Member Posts: 1,026Registered Users
    No more arguments over the greatest fantasy strategy game ever still being made.
    Does it have Brian Blessed in it? No? Well, sorry your not in the same league ;)
    Epic is the word...
  • Bonutz619Bonutz619 Posts: 1,050Registered Users

Bonutz619 said:

Bonutz619 said:

*let slip the Dogs of War”

Mhmmmmm.

A Shakespeare line made famous by Brian Blessed, often used to dramatise his particular vocals in a funny and self deprecating way.

Here a convenient poking of fun at its double meaning maybe, but more so to the ‘total war’ name than the Dogs of War. No hints here, I fear!
    Yes I know it’s Shakespeare. Just seems odd and uncanny that they chose that line out of everything they could’ve used for Brian Blessed’s intro speech. CA knows that the Dogs of War are a highly wanted faction and considering Gotrek and Felix are a part of the Dogs of War in lore, it makes a lot of sense.

I still think it’s a teaser but I guess we’ll see!
    I wasn't saying that it was just Shakespeare though. I was saying that this exact line, which is from Shakespeare, has been used by Brian Blessed many times before as sort of a jokey way to demonstrate how loud/outlandish/theatrical/hammy his voice is. It just so happens on this occasion it was chosen not just because of its history with the man himself but also because they could then make the 'war - total war' joke.

Far be it from me, though, to say that this isn't also a reference to Dogs of War. Let hope live! I was just explaining the background that he has with this particular line for anybody who might not be familiar with British TV and the cult following the man himself has.
    Appreciate that. I guess I just want DoW to be in the game so badly that I'm willing to take any little thing and blow it up to maximum proportions haha.
  • HoneyBunHoneyBun Senior Member Posts: 4,514Registered Users
    He is a phenomenal actor.

I am old enough to remember watching the light of life leave his eyes when he played Augustus in I Claudius.

I fought campaigns in Rome 1, Rome 2 and Attila based on his performance.

A true great. And a huge win for WH

They are making an FPS. Who knew a company could have a mid-life crisis ...

• Grom_the_PaunchGrom_the_Paunch Posts: 1,371Registered Users
    I don't think I could choose a better voice actor for a Warhammer dwarf. Gotrek and Brian Blessed? Match made in the halls of the ancestor gods.

My favourite game in existence may still have flaws, but it keeps blowing my mind nonetheless. Kudos CA. Well played indeed. I'm staggered by much of the content I'm seeing lately.

Now then... About the cost of these naff port upgrades... They're ridiculous!
  • BaronRodneyBaronRodney Posts: 677Registered Users
    Bonutz619 said:

Bonutz619 said:

Bonutz619 said:

Mhmmmmm.

A Shakespeare line made famous by Brian Blessed, often used to dramatise his particular vocals in a funny and self deprecating way.

Here a convenient poking of fun at its double meaning maybe, but more so to the ‘total war’ name than the Dogs of War. No hints here, I fear!
    Yes I know it’s Shakespeare. Just seems odd and uncanny that they chose that line out of everything they could’ve used for Brian Blessed’s intro speech. CA knows that the Dogs of War are a highly wanted faction and considering Gotrek and Felix are a part of the Dogs of War in lore, it makes a lot of sense.

I wasn't saying that it was just Shakespeare though. I was saying that this exact line, which is from Shakespeare, has been used by Brian Blessed many times before as sort of a jokey way to demonstrate how loud/outlandish/theatrical/hammy his voice is. It just so happens on this occasion it was chosen not just because of its history with the man himself but also because they could then make the 'war - total war' joke.

Far be it from me, though, to say that this isn't also a reference to Dogs of War. Let hope live! I was just explaining the background that he has with this particular line for anybody who might not be familiar with British TV and the cult following the man himself has.
    Appreciate that. I guess I just want DoW to be in the game so badly that I'm willing to take any little thing and blow it up to maximum proportions haha.
    And there’s nothing wrong with that. I’m right there with you mate! Game 3 will be our time
  • Grom_the_PaunchGrom_the_Paunch Posts: 1,371Registered Users

Bonutz619 said:

Bonutz619 said:

Bonutz619 said:

Mhmmmmm.

And there’s nothing wrong with that. I’m right there with you mate! Game 3 will be our time
    I hope so too. It might be the sort of thing that fits better when nearly all the races have been added. Then CA could create a race that uses assets from many of them alongside a Southern Realms core.

I mean, DoW have to have Ogre Maneaters, right?

They may even want Oglah Khan's hobgoblins. I know I did. I bought some back in the day.
  • CrajohCrajoh Member Posts: 1,532Registered Users

Gordon’s alive!

My favourite. BTW if they do DoW as a mechanic and not as a race pack we can still get them in WH2. Just saying.
    Live your life and try to do no harm.

"I disapprove of what you say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it." Evelyn Beatrice Hall
  • SindrissSindriss Posts: 412Registered Users
    What about Felix?
  • imnrkimnrk Posts: 202Registered Users
    edited September 14
    Itharus said:

I grew up watching a recording of Cats on VHS. Such a profound musical. Excited to see him here.
  • SiWISiWI Senior Member Posts: 10,385Registered Users
    imnrk said:

Itharus said:

I grew up watching a recording of Cats on VHS. Such a profound musical. Excited to see him here.
    THAT was him?

And I though "I Claudius" was the first time I really saw him...
    Ratling_Guns.gif?t=1554385892
  • Lord_SpariochLord_Sparioch Posts: 7Registered Users
    Please more of THIS
  • Otters007Otters007 Posts: 687Registered Users
    goliath55 said:

Mark Hamill as someone ... Make it happen !

Let him voice Thanquol!
  • HoneyBunHoneyBun Senior Member Posts: 4,514Registered Users
    Pre-ordered :)

They are making an FPS. Who knew a company could have a mid-life crisis ...

• TimpeyoTimpeyo Posts: 1,097Registered Users
    Amazing can't wait to play Gotrek in game, will there be a reveal of who's playing Felix too?

• EVASaiyajinEVASaiyajin Posts: 2Registered Users
    Gotta admit, Mr. Blessed does Gotrek DAMN well.
  • Ephraim_DaltonEphraim_Dalton Senior Member Posts: 21,303Registered Users
    Man, I so wish Orson Welles was still alive so he could dub the Great Unclean One.

• Arcani_4_EverArcani_4_Ever Junior Member Posts: 2,329Registered Users
    So...who voices Felix?
  • MarkerMarker Posts: 1,053Registered Users
    Great Choice!
  • hendo1592hendo1592 Posts: 1,586Registered Users
    @CA_James and @Grace_CA I bought white dwarf and have the physical redemption code. However, everytime I start TWW2, when at the main screen, it prompts me to restart TWW2. I’ve done that and restarted computer and steam several times (without mods enabled). Still not working.
  • RikRiorikRikRiorik Posts: 7,173Registered Users
    It is a sad thing when two highly requested characters arrive to much fanfare and then it is discovered that they way they are implemented in game is in a way that is highly disliked overall cheapening their inclusion.
    Lord of the Undermountain and your friendly neighbourhood giant (Dwarf)
    Favourite campaigns: Clan Angrund, Followers of Nagash and the new Huntsmarshall’s Expedition
  • ReeksReeks Posts: 2,066Registered Users
    #MakeGotrek&FelixProperHeroes

#Permanence&SkillTrees